“Best burger in town!”
Review of Art's Corner Cafe

Art's Corner Cafe
Ranked #67 of 457 Restaurants in Ventura
Reviewed November 17, 2017

We ordered one lunch burger and one breakfast open face burger. Both were really delicious! They grind their own burger meat and it really was better - juicy and flavorful.The server was friendly and attentive and the prices reasonable. My new favorite breakfast/lunch joint in Ventura.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

A friend invited me to 'his favorite breakfast place.' After hearing how good it was, I was eager to try it. Very disappointed! From it taking awhile to get someone to seat us to having our server take the order and food being brought to the table was more than 35 min. Food was dismal. Hash browns were what you would find at Denny's. They also got my order wrong. I ordered bacon crisp, eggs scrambled lightly, toast dry (no butter. Bacon was not crisp, eggs scrambled well done, and toast had a ton of butter on it. I was very disappointed in service also. it was not that busy during the time we came in. Food was like hb, I could have got the equivalent at Denny's or Ihop.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

As a comparison, I would rate most of the chain places as a 2-3, Art's would be 4-5.

I rated this a 4 due to parking and ambiance and the fact that the food we had was very good standard American breakfast food.

Parking, not many spots, one street is very narrow, the other is a main drag.

We were there on a Saturday about 08:15. The ambiance is that of the 50's or 60's, clean, but old looking. There are a lot of very interesting sketches of customers on the walls that are fun to look at and read.

Wife had the early bird for about $7. Two eggs with bacon, hash browns, sourdough toast, and jelly. The eggs were great over easy, the hash browns toasty on the outside and soft on the inside, the bacon crisp, the toast was the cheaper sourdough, the jelly was a very tasty raspberry(?).

I had the two eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy for $11 (as I recall). The eggs were a great sunny side done correctly, the sausage was a 6 inch patty that was good but not great, the gravy was very tasty, but not did not have a sausage flavor which may or may not be worth marking down on. The biscuit felt home made and could have been fluffier, but was good anyway.

The staff seemed to work very well together and were very friendly and helpful. With about 30% loading, the food came in a very reasonable time and had not cooled.

Would I eat there again? If we do not have enough in the kitchen when we end our vacation, we will be stopping there for breakfast before we hit the road. It was a very good breakfast.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Unassuming little cafe with a great menu and good food. We had an assortment of dishes: a Rueben, a chili verde burrito and pork chops and eggs. All were excellent. Would definitely go back here.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

First time at this restaurant. Place was crowded on a Sunday morning at 9:15. Food was excellent. Chicken fried steak was fresh made, not frozen. Eggs and hash browns were perfectly cooked. Biscuits and gravy were really good. I would definitely recommend for breakfast. Cinnamon roll French toast was also fresh made and excellent. Only think I can criticize was the time it took to get served but then again it was crowded.