“What a great fun date night spot”

Cafe Fiore Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Fiore Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 474 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Santa Clara
Reviewed December 26, 2017

This place has a great vibe in downtown Ventura. Great bar with live music and nice outdoor seating available. The food was very good but not great. Ate there 2 nights and nothing was over the top awesome. The Osso Buco was okay, the sauce/gravy has something in it that those of us that had just didn’t care much for. That may also explain why none of us liked the risotto that it came on. Also the meat was too tough – like eating stew. The Gnocchi were very good, probably the best thing that came to the table. We had to send the fish dish back as it was under cooked. I loved the place for the vibe, great date night or great for going out with friends. It gets noisy so this is not a romantic place to go. Service was excellent. I’d go back for the atmosphere, but keep your expectations on food moderate.

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

We've eaten here many times over several years. It's a favorite every time we visit Ventura. The food is always very good & so is the service. The desserts are great too, unfortunately. We always return.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

While I have my favorite Italian restaurants, this is not one of them. The food is overpriced along with the drinks. While they give you good size portions it doesn't taste like homemade Italian food. Having just spent time in Italy and eaten at many of the restaurants and some homes there, this is a far cry from that. I do like the entertainment on the weekends. The bands are good and you can dance, although it does get very warm in there while trying to do that. There's not really a dance floor per say, there is a small area you can dance.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Ok so I went off reviews and I'm very happy I did! We reserved a table and I'm so happy we did. Now we were a bit on the boring side with pizza, salad, and soup but it was very tasty! The waiter was somewhat cold but that was the only downside. We were served bread and a type of marinara that was delish and a little spicy. Our pizzas were thin crust and really good. We got one that had arugula and prichutto and another that was spicy salami and marinara. The latter of the two was good but I wouldn't reorder the one with arugula. My salad was very good and my husband liked his soup. I will be going back for sure!

Reviewed September 23, 2017

The waitstaff is excellent here. The food is always top notch. I think the food is overpriced, but you are paying for the ambience.