“Lots of Options for Entertainment”
Review of Discovery Ventura

Discovery Ventura
Ranked #91 of 449 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Simplistic and repurposing best describe the theme throughout the California-lifestyle bowling alley & restaurant. All are welcome to enjoy the laid-back, fun, and easy entertainment with 9 lanes of bowling, a locally-sourced restaurant with delectable California-cuisine, crafted cocktails, and the region's most fun private event facilities.
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

This establishment is a whole lot of fun wrapped up into one package. There is a restaurant where you can sit down and enjoy a meal, a large stage with live entertainment, a few lanes for bowling, and a bar with craft beers and cocktails.

The family I was with seemed to enjoy the food. The entertainment they had on stage was excellent as well.

They could benefit from providing more assistance with the bowling, and maybe an extra bartender. Also, there is no AC, which probably isn't an issue in Ventura for the majority of the year. The day we were there happened to be during a heatwave in Southern California.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

if you are looking for a fun place with entertainment, than I recommend Discovery Ventura. On the weekends it is usually packed and features great live music. During the week, it's a little more laid back. A great spot to check-out in Ventura.

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I tried this place because the outdoor seating looked cool. We waited 15 minutes before we had anyone approach us to take our order... but in their defense they may not have noticed we were sitting in the corner on the outside deck. My husband said the Ahi tacos were some of the best he's had. I had fried pickles as an appetizer and Pepperoni pizza. The fried pickles were delicious but the pizza was a bit on the greasy side. Having said that, it was loaded with pepperoni. It was very tasty! We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed January 29, 2017

Discovery Ventura was a great place to host a recent party for a colleague and friend who was moving away. From the very beginning of our email correspondence Bianca was very helpful in assisting me with a menu and drink options that aligned with my budget. This was a fairly large event, but everything felt organized and flowed really well throughout the evening. The food and service were both excellent and the bar was great. I got many compliments on the party the next day and I attribute that to not only the excellent company of my colleagues and friends, but the hard work and great attitude of everyone I collaborated with at Discovery Ventura.

Reviewed January 18, 2017

Met up with friends at Discovery for the first time last Saturday early afternoon. There was a live band and the music was so loud that we sat on the patio in order to visit. Even on the patio we found it hard to hear one another. We waited about 20 minutes for service and finally asked the bartender if there was table service. Bartender had an attitude as if we were putting her out by asking. The waitress came over about 10 minutes later and apologized. She was 5 days new and had the entire inside restaurant to wait on. The waitress was very nice and greeted all of us with a smile. She was very attentive. We ordered food and drinks but left as soon as we were finished. The band sounded as if they didn't have their equipment dialed in and the music was bouncing off the walls. Will think twice about going back. Best wishes to the new waitress..

Been to Discovery Ventura? Share your experiences!