“Good menue”

Casa DE Soria
Ranked #39 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We have eaten here for years and enjoyed dinner here last night. My granddaughter thinks they make the best re-fried beans in the world. They are good and the food is always consistently good. It's always busy and it's first come first serve so get there early. As is common for most restaurants in Ventura, the parking is sparse. Always a good meal and and good service. Another great place to eat in beautiful Ventura, CA.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We usually go here when my sister is in town. The beans are the best ! My last visit to Casa De Soria was very disappointing. Long story short, I took some of my lunch home for dinner I have a Chili Verde burrito in my combination plate it was terrible. They evidently didn't have enough Chili Verde for the burrito so there was a piece of beef thrown in it. Chili Verde is made with Pork. The piece of beef was dry out and smelled. I had eaten half of the burrito but when I saw that I threw it away. The restaurant smells bad in the parking lot and I also feel they are on the expensive side for Mexican food.

1  Thank Cmkcal K
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were once again looking for some place new for dinner in Ventura. After checking out restaurants close to us on Trip Advisor, I ran across this restaurant and it sounded really good. They are established and have a large menu, a great variety of margaritas and wonderful service! Since moving from Texas I find it difficult to find Mexican food close to what I am used to. I had the best chili rellano I've had since moving here 8 years ago! The beans and rice are also excellent. Definitely worth a try for dinner. Moderately priced and well worth it!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Casa de Syria is simply delicious! We went here recently with family from out of town and were not dissapounted! They have the best salsa and I'm not sure what they put into their beans but they are the best I have ever tasted. Casa has recently expanded their location due to popular demand. The Tacos al Pastor are not to be missed. I have been here many times and have never been disappointed with the food or service!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Our relatives in Ventura recommended this place, so since I was picking up the tab, I went with their recommendation. My wife and I were not disappointed. We had six in our party, and the tab with a few drinks was under $80. Food is very reasonably priced. We visited on a Thursday and the place was packed. The salsa for the chips was some of the best I've every tasted (I assume it is made on site). Don't eat too many chips with salsa or you won't be hungry for the main meal! We had a variety of the standard Mexican food fare, and no one was disappointed. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Definitely will visit here again when in the Ventura area.