“Authentic German deli”

German Deli & Market
Ranked #304 of 439 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 28 March 2016

They have much of the German specialties including real German style potato salad,German rye bread and cold cuts. They need much more business or will close. This should be doing well but I guess time has passed them by.

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

This small place in a strip mall is half market, half deli, and half bar :) It does all three adequately but not great. The market is fun to browse but overpriced as you would expect imported goods to be. They have a fun selection of German beers but no actual bar area or public restroom. They have a deli but only make 4 sandwiches. We tried 2 which were fine.
If I were them I would take whichever of the three does the most business and really focus the space and strategy on that. As it stands now I probably wouldn't go back because they just don't do any one of the three well enough to tempt me back.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

my hubby and I went to check out this place. You kind of forget about these places in back of Big Lots. We shared a sandwich with pickles. Unfortunately, for me nothing looked fresh in the deli glass case. I wanted to walk out but my hubby insisted on trying it. Okay we tried it. Nothing special about it. It was just okay for me. Most likely will never go back. Mainly because it's forgettable.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Based on some reviews, we decided to check out this German Deli. I was actually excited to go as I was craving a good German meaty sandwich. When we got there, the overall little strip mall is in poor shape. We went in and they have about 4 tables. No one else was in there. They had a few bratwurst, etc in the meat case. The options overall was slightly disappointing. We split a sandwich that had black forest ham and other meats. It was fairly plain. We actually asked for pickles to spice it up. With the pickles it wasn't bad, but sorry, we won't be going back.
(To Travel Is To Live)

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

We felt like going to a local place for lunch and found this listing. We really enjoyed a big sandwich, bratwurst, sauerkraut, and potato salad.

Been to German Deli & Market? Share your experiences!