“Budget shouldn't have to mean bad”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Willcox
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have stayed at many Motel 6 locations as we have 3 dogs and this keeps things affordable as most places charge for dogs.
I fully understand that budget hotels are not fancy and are no frills.
The room smelled like an armpit, killed 2 spiders within 2 minutes, remote didn't work, bathroom fan didn't work, could see someone else's footprints on the unwashed floor, grime everywhere and wifi was very weak.
This was the filthiest Motel 6 we have ever stayed at... Budget doesn't have to mean filth. Gross.
We had also asked to have a quieter room with less foot traffic nearby because of our light sleeping dogs and we were put in amongst the other guests anyway. Not because it was full etc...
Do not stay here! Sleep in your car if you must....

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2014

i have stayed at motel6s throughout the u.s.- i like their rates and they are usually reliable for basic cleanliness and services. but this motel 6 stood out for its lack of cleanliness and standards.
the lock on the door was broken. the rug and chairs and toilet were filthy. the phone couldn't be used- the keys were stuck because someone had spilled a purple juice all over the phone and it was never cleaned. the shower was unusable becuase the shower head was not attached and water flooded the bathroom floor. there was no wastecan, hangars or ice bucket that all motel 6s have. there were burn holes on the blankets and the towels were dirty.
i think the manager or owner of this motel should be replaced by motel 6. the entire room was disgusting and disappointing for a motel 6.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank whomever
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Aside of not having an iron, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner and the like, the bathroom light kept flickering off. But that wasn't the worst. When I pulled the comforter back, both pillows had someone else's hair which told me the sheets where not changed. There was also a spain in the sheets. This really grossed me out. It was too late at night to have a maid come and change the sheets. I had to sleep on top of the bed and wrap the pillows in towels. I first turned the pillow cases inside out and one of the pillow was torn and the stuffing coming out. Just a bad experience in general.

Room Tip: make sure the sheets have been changed before going to sleep!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank enana_C
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear enana_C,

We apologize for the linen cleanliness & lighting issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

When looking for a place to travel to, I saw the price of two nights here was about equal to one at many other hotels, so I ended up in Willcox! Check in and check out were easy, and it is easy to reach here from highway. Some restaurants, gas stations within walking distance, and sites are a short drive away.

Room was pretty cold with few blankets, which made sleep a little difficult, but other things worked well, including TV and bathroom. Wasn't bothered by any noise from outside. Would def stay here again for the price I paid!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

guy told us there were only single beds available but he still charged us for two people. My dad and I had to share a bed. There were no towels or anything in the bathrooms. I went for a walk in the middle of the night and noticed SEVERAL empty rooms with two beds empty (the windows were open).
Room smelled bad, carpet was so disgusting we put on our shoes before getting off the bed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had been staying in Motel 6's on our way from Canada going to Texas. They were plain rooms, but clean. The first room we were given here, had not been cleaned, and was past "dirty"
The counters were dirty, there was duct tape on the floor to hold the tile down, the smoke detector and the fan were removed with just the wiring hanging out, and there was no towels etc.
We complained and were given another room. It was at least partially clean. The floor was still slightly dirty. The light beside the bed had a broken switch so you could not turn the light on. If I owned this hotel, I would be ashamed. Motel 6 s/b able to do better than this. PS the ice machine is still broken !!!

Room Tip: Do not stop here. Pay a little more. Maybe if people stopped coming here, they might fix it
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Pat L,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a review for Motel 6 Willcox, AZ 6/17/2012

The room was clean and the AC worked. However, the property was experiencing problems with some of the door locks, as acknowledged by the manager. With regard to my specific room(s), the first key issued (magnetic card) did not work, so I returned it. The manager reprogrammed it and accompanied me to try it, and this second key didn't work either. The paperwork was then modified and another room assigned.

Then, at 1:30 am, another key problem occurred. While I was soundly sleeping, some people tried to come in to my room because the motel staff wrongfully provided my key to them. The inside slide lock was secure, but the door opened a couple of inches and they kept trying to open it, generating a lot of metal-on-metal clashing in the process of slamming the door against the lock. I got out of bed and pushed the door shut. The intruders apologized. They did also, however, appear to be under the influence of substances.

The security is very inadequate, to say the least, and the manager acknowledged lock issues.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family