See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 11, 2014

i have stayed at motel6s throughout the u.s.- i like their rates and they are usually reliable for basic cleanliness and services. but this motel 6 stood out for its lack of cleanliness and standards.
the lock on the door was broken. the rug and chairs and toilet were filthy. the phone couldn't be used- the keys were stuck because someone had spilled a purple juice all over the phone and it was never cleaned. the shower was unusable becuase the shower head was not attached and water flooded the bathroom floor. there was no wastecan, hangars or ice bucket that all motel 6s have. there were burn holes on the blankets and the towels were dirty.
i think the manager or owner of this motel should be replaced by motel 6. the entire room was disgusting and disappointing for a motel 6.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank whomever
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Aside of not having an iron, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner and the like, the bathroom light kept flickering off. But that wasn't the worst. When I pulled the comforter back, both pillows had someone else's hair which told me the sheets where not changed. There was also a spain in the sheets. This really grossed me out. It was too late at night to have a maid come and change the sheets. I had to sleep on top of the bed and wrap the pillows in towels. I first turned the pillow cases inside out and one of the pillow was torn and the stuffing coming out. Just a bad experience in general.

Room Tip: make sure the sheets have been changed before going to sleep!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank enana_C
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear enana_C,

We apologize for the linen cleanliness & lighting issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

When looking for a place to travel to, I saw the price of two nights here was about equal to one at many other hotels, so I ended up in Willcox! Check in and check out were easy, and it is easy to reach here from highway. Some restaurants, gas stations within walking distance, and sites are a short drive away.

Room was pretty cold with few blankets, which made sleep a little difficult, but other things worked well, including TV and bathroom. Wasn't bothered by any noise from outside. Would def stay here again for the price I paid!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

guy told us there were only single beds available but he still charged us for two people. My dad and I had to share a bed. There were no towels or anything in the bathrooms. I went for a walk in the middle of the night and noticed SEVERAL empty rooms with two beds empty (the windows were open).
Room smelled bad, carpet was so disgusting we put on our shoes before getting off the bed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had been staying in Motel 6's on our way from Canada going to Texas. They were plain rooms, but clean. The first room we were given here, had not been cleaned, and was past "dirty"
The counters were dirty, there was duct tape on the floor to hold the tile down, the smoke detector and the fan were removed with just the wiring hanging out, and there was no towels etc.
We complained and were given another room. It was at least partially clean. The floor was still slightly dirty. The light beside the bed had a broken switch so you could not turn the light on. If I owned this hotel, I would be ashamed. Motel 6 s/b able to do better than this. PS the ice machine is still broken !!!

Room Tip: Do not stop here. Pay a little more. Maybe if people stopped coming here, they might fix it
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Pat L,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.