“Great food.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I' kind of a snob when it comes to chinese (I lived in Hong Kong) and I was shocked when I met a friend for lunch. I took my family a couple of weeks later and my son who HATES chinese because it's greasy and fatty LOVED it! Everything tasted fresh. The choices on the buffet were pretty good also.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

It's been awhile since I visited this old favorite. Once again I found the food to be very tasty with excellent service all surrounded with a nice decor. It's good to visit old friends.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

While staying at the Magnolia House, we called out for some Chinese food. The portions were generous, the pricing good, and the food was very tasty. One thing that stood out was that the food was not greasy. The Teriyaki Chicken appetizers were delicious! I would recommend this place. Joyce and Lankford, owners of the Magnolia House B&B told me that this is their favorite restaurant and I can see why!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We have lived in this area for over 30 years and have eaten here too many times to count. This restaurant has never disappointed. It is always spotless, the music is low, the menu is varied and the food is plentiful and delicious. We have never found a single negative about this restaurant.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

It has a lot more competition now, but it is the best I have been to in the Newport News area. Chinese is not my favorite but I love their skewered chicken chunks, their hot string beans, their egg rolls, and several other dishes with broccoli and rice. That having been said, I do not typically like Chinese food but love Thai and Indian. Still this is a good choice and they have a few spicy hot items as well as other staples. The buffet line moves quickly and things are typically stocked well. It is not a chain and it is worth a visit. Nearby County Grill is another favorite for Bar BQ at the far end of the same shopping center.