Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
  • Breakfast included
US$131
US$87
  • Pool
Tazewell Motor Lodge(Tazewell)(Great Value!)
US$73
QualityInn
Cumberland Inn(Williamsburg)
US$99
US$96
All reviewscumberland gaproom was cleandefinitely stay here againfront desk staffcomfortable pillowsplenty of foodhotel employeesnice surprisefamily membersin townholiday weekendmicrowave and mini fridgegreat night sleepbreakfast buffetnight managergreat breakfastfresh fruit
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Car trip with 11 people. Check in at hotel very easy. Rooms very nice. Free breakfast very good for
fast and free well stocked and fresh. We had a 2 nite stay and was allowed to use conf. room for our
evening get together. The hotel was full but never felt like it.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My Wife and 3 year old daughter and I stayed at this HI Express for two nights and had a great time. We were in the area for a memorial of a family member that took place in Pennington Gap Va. We decided that this was the best location in terms of lodging, food and stores, especially traveling with children. The staff was so friendly and our room was one of the cleanest I've ever been in. We had a King Suite, with a fold out love seat. The bed was firm and comfortable for us, that is the type of mattress we like. The only negative thing I have to say is that the pillows were not the best, but I have found that to be the case with many of the hotels we have stayed at. There is a outdoor pool that is heated with plenty of seating, even though when we were in it almost every time we were by ourselves. The breakfast is good, typical as to what you would find at other hotels. We drove around town and I can say this is the only hotel I would even considering staying in. If you want a clean room with a lot of southern hospitality, I hope this is the one you consider.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2010

The room was clean and the staff was wonderful. Not much to do in the are, I was there for a business meeting. There were plenty of towels, wash clothes and the bathroom was clean. They have free internet, HBO and breakfeast. I'm a smoker so I was greatful to hear that they had smoking rooms still.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Someone in housekeeping steals. There are not many hotels/motels in Middlesboro and we were told this was the best. We had to wait to be checked in because the front desk staff was sitting in the common area watching television. The room was fine, except the water jets in the tub were full of mold. The breakfast was fine, a good basic selection, but nothing fancy. When we returned to the room that afternoon, an item of my daughter's was missing. She decided it would be safer in the room and placed it in a dresser drawer under a shirt. When we returned, the shirt had been moved and her item was gone.
Also, avoid the Ryan's next door. We have eaten in several different Ryan's and the food was always good. Not this time. I spoke with several other people staying in the hotel and several had eaten at Ryan's and came to the same conclusion.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2009

The room was clean, breakfast was typical of a Holiday Inn Express, and among the other choices in Middlesboro, this hotel seemed to be the best option. I stayed on the first floor and parking was ample.

My one complaint has to do with their ability to print out airline itineraries for guests. It would be nice if another person besides the manager could print the tickets out since it can be an inconvenience having to print them out at the airport (especially on busy weekends). That aside, I had no complaints about the room (bathroom was clean). Bed was comfortable.

If I return to Middlesboro, I'll probably stay at this Holiday Inn again but there are definitely areas for improvement if they want to match other branches' services.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business