“As should be expected at a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Middlesboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“As should be expected at a Holiday Inn Express”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

Check in was quick and easy. I booked the room online, so they already had my room key waiting at the desk. Public areas were clean and in good condition. Room was very clean, bed comfortable. High speed wireless internet worked very well. I only had two minor issues: the hotel is right next to the main street going through town and traffic noise was bothersome unless you're on the opposite side of the hotel; and the bathtub drain was clogged so I stood in a tub full of water when I showered each morning. But I'd stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gDogMoney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

Car trip with 11 people. Check in at hotel very easy. Rooms very nice. Free breakfast very good for
fast and free well stocked and fresh. We had a 2 nite stay and was allowed to use conf. room for our
evening get together. The hotel was full but never felt like it.

• Stayed October 2010
Montgomery, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

My Wife and 3 year old daughter and I stayed at this HI Express for two nights and had a great time. We were in the area for a memorial of a family member that took place in Pennington Gap Va. We decided that this was the best location in terms of lodging, food and stores, especially traveling with children. The staff was so friendly and our room was one of the cleanest I've ever been in. We had a King Suite, with a fold out love seat. The bed was firm and comfortable for us, that is the type of mattress we like. The only negative thing I have to say is that the pillows were not the best, but I have found that to be the case with many of the hotels we have stayed at. There is a outdoor pool that is heated with plenty of seating, even though when we were in it almost every time we were by ourselves. The breakfast is good, typical as to what you would find at other hotels. We drove around town and I can say this is the only hotel I would even considering staying in. If you want a clean room with a lot of southern hospitality, I hope this is the one you consider.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Ripley, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

The room was clean and the staff was wonderful. Not much to do in the are, I was there for a business meeting. There were plenty of towels, wash clothes and the bathroom was clean. They have free internet, HBO and breakfeast. I'm a smoker so I was greatful to hear that they had smoking rooms still.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
New Orleans
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Someone in housekeeping steals. There are not many hotels/motels in Middlesboro and we were told this was the best. We had to wait to be checked in because the front desk staff was sitting in the common area watching television. The room was fine, except the water jets in the tub were full of mold. The breakfast was fine, a good basic selection, but nothing fancy. When we returned to the room that afternoon, an item of my daughter's was missing. She decided it would be safer in the room and placed it in a dresser drawer under a shirt. When we returned, the shirt had been moved and her item was gone.
Also, avoid the Ryan's next door. We have eaten in several different Ryan's and the food was always good. Not this time. I spoke with several other people staying in the hotel and several had eaten at Ryan's and came to the same conclusion.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

The room was clean, breakfast was typical of a Holiday Inn Express, and among the other choices in Middlesboro, this hotel seemed to be the best option. I stayed on the first floor and parking was ample.

My one complaint has to do with their ability to print out airline itineraries for guests. It would be nice if another person besides the manager could print the tickets out since it can be an inconvenience having to print them out at the airport (especially on busy weekends). That aside, I had no complaints about the room (bathroom was clean). Bed was comfortable.

If I return to Middlesboro, I'll probably stay at this Holiday Inn again but there are definitely areas for improvement if they want to match other branches' services.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

This is my second stay here, both stays were multiple day stays, 4 this time. Was at a meeting with 16 others,
Room was clean, new AC, bath seemed to be remodeled since my last stay, great shower. Bed clean and comfortable with choice of pillows.
WiFi was fast and easy, great to check the e-mail.
TV a little small but worked fine.
No refrig in my room.
Breakfast was very good with large selection from eggs and bacon to biscuits, cereal, fruit and those cinnamon buns!
Coffee was available 24 hours and kept fresh with comp cookies in the afternoon.
Staff was extremely pleasant and polite, a joy to work with. All in all a A+ experience at a bargain price.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank JeffGSc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesboro
0.4 km away
19.7 km away
Tazewell Motor Lodge
Tazewell Motor Lodge
#1 of 4 in Tazewell

Been to Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro? Share your experiences!