All reviews goodbread house cumberland island upstairs porch other guests oversized bathroom rhett and scarlett delicious breakfast each morning front porch wonderful cook love lucy southern hospitality walking distance late arrival legacy tour cookies pleasure of staying ferry tickets
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We stayed at Goodbread for two nights for our visit to Cumberland Island. We were in the Lombarde suite which was huge. Lots of storage and a massive bathroom. It was cold outside, so the owner turned up the heat a bit warm for us. The ceiling fan helped to resolve. Breakfast was fantastic - French toast with carmelized apples and sausage. An issue with no hot water was quickly resolved by the owners and the water was piping hot! You can order a packed lunch for your trip to the island and they'll drop you at the ferry in the morning. Super friendly and we would definitely return.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank CPA316
Reviewed February 13, 2018

We just spent an overnight there on our way to Fla. because my husband wanted to take in the "All You Can Eat Special" at Lang's Restaurant. I didn't feel like a hotel and wanted to be able to walk around town and to the restaurant. It's right there, close to everything, and near the Cumberland Island Ferry. I highly recommend if you love antiques and historic homes. The breakfast served was delicious. The rate during January was very affordable. We stayed in The Gabriel & Evangeline Suite. It was upstairs and away from other rooms with a kitchenette in between. The hosts were delightful and I totally enjoyed our stay!

Room tip: The Gabriel & Evangeline Suite was upstairs and away from other rooms with a kitchenette in between.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

My daughter, granddaughters and I spent 2 nights at the Goodbread bed and breakfast. Our suites were upstairs across the hall from one another, the arrangement was perfect for our family. The suites were large, clean and eclectic. The beds were comfortable and the linens were soft and comfy. The bathrooms were large and sunny.

The weather was unseasonably cold in Georgia but the house was warm and cozy. The parlor and dining room were decorated for the holidays which created a lovely setting for breakfast.

The hosts were extremely gracious and welcoming. They had leftovers from an earlier brunch they hosted and opened up the kitchen and food to our family, which was so kind after a long day of travel. They had lots of games available and the proximity to all the museums and waterfront couldn’t have been more perfect. We can’t wait to return.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2017

I knew that staying at the Goodbread House, Bed and Breakfast Inn was going to be special when I first talked to Mardja the owner and proprietor by phone. My greatest expectations were made small by the actual experience of staying at Goodbread. Mardja acted as our travel agent in recommending and then procuring reservations at Cumberland Island, for the ferry, bagged lunch and Land and Legacy Tour. Every aspect of our stay built an incredible memory as my wife and I celebrated our 35 wedding anniversary there. The hospitality, food, and comfort were beyond what I can write here. There is a sign in the Goodbread that says, "Come in as strangers and leave as friends." That is how I now feel Mardja her staff made sure our stay was as friends and not just someone that stayed in the Inn. Thank you Mardja our friend for the memories. We will be back.

Room tip: Don't miss the breakfast
Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed December 21, 2017

The breakfasts were wonderful. The Victorian decor is nice and the added Christmas decorations made it all the more charming. The dining room and table settings were gorgeous. The Rhett & Scarlett room and bath were spacious but starting to look a little tired. Wallpaper in the bathroom starting to peel. Bed and linens nice and comfy. Host and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Hope to go back again.

Date of stay: December 2017