All reviews convention center top floor rooftop restaurant oregon district self parking club level downtown hotel bars and restaurants front desk staff an older building shuttle service up to date workout room banquet reunion lotion
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Enjoy the stay in the Crowne Plaza. Friendly staff and great bar and restaurant on the top floor of the hotel with a great view of the city. Hotel is within walking distance of the Oregon District. The bar tender made a great dirty martini. And Andre in the restaurant was super friendly and gave us great tips on downtown Dayton. Thanks!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mark_CPDayton, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Tony W,

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful review on the review on the Crowne Plaza Dayton. We are thrilled that you had a such a great experience with us. We will continue to have the view and the dirty martinis! Come back and see us again soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Pro:
Kris from the sales team and the shuttle drivers were fantastic. They were very nice and went out of their way to be helpful. Also the bar staff from the manager's happy hour (tues only) was great.

The fitness center is quite fantastic but alas I spend most of my time in the room and that is why points were dinged.

Cons: However, I'm only giving 2 stars because I had many problems with maid service, very inconsistent how they cleaned the room. The hotel is run down and needs to be refreshed. I had to ask for a new shower curtain without holes. Several days at least one "clean" towel had black stuff on it. Those are only a few examples.

The beds are average the pillows were lumpy.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear starloard,

We appreciate your review on the Crowne Plaza Dayton. Thank you for mentioning our staff as we work hard to ensure that your stay is the best one possible. Our new fitness center is also something we love about our property!

We are, however, so sorry that your service in the room was not up to par. Your review has been handed to our department heads and will be addressed. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

I stayed at this hotel while traveling to Dayton for a family event. I am a faithful IHG member mainly because I enjoy how well they have transformed Holiday Inn properties. I stayed at the Dayton Crowne Plaza expecting good things. I was soooo disappointed! As we were walking on the cat walk to the hotel you could see drapes in the rooms smashed against the windows, some looking dirty, others crooked or half falling down....that look that screams - "I'm an old, unkept hotel!" The check in process was smooth and the front desk staff were extremely helpful, professional and welcoming. Unfortunately, the issues started when we started toward our room. The hotel halls smell old and mildewy. The carpets are stained. When we arrived in our room we were surprised to find we had been assigned a HUGE suite on the 9th floor. However the room smelled musty, the carpets were stained, and the bathroom was as small as a cruise bathroom. The "kitchenette" was old and looked like they threw a few pieces of plywood together to make a make-shift kitchen. The bathroom floor was dirty, I found a french fry and hair under the bathroom vanity. The shower filled up with water because it didn't drain properly. The only way you would not know that the bathtub filled up with water is if you didn't clean the tub. Hmmmm - makes me wonder. There was dirt in the corners and along the baseboards of the carpet, and dust on the pictures in the room. To top it off the air conditioner was not working properly. It kept going from blowing warm air to ice cold air. For some strange reason, the bed had no head board. Not sure what that was about. I called about the air conditioner after returning to the hotel later that night. I was told that no maintenance people were at the hotel at that time of night (really? for that size hotel, you have no night crew?) but that someone would " be up shortly to see if they could figure out what was wrong". I waited for 2 hours and no one showed. I called back down to the desk to ask if anyone was coming and to ask when I would be receiving the extra blankets and towels I had requested. I was told they would be up soon, and they were but did not attempt to fix the air conditioner. I had requested the extra towels and blankets to be in the room when I checked in. They arrived 9 hours later and only after I asked for them. Others that I was traveling with had the same bathtub issues and moldy, mildewy smelling rooms. Overall, Crowne Plaza should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this hotel to get to this condition. Crowne Plaza at one time was awesome! As for me and my family, we will not be staying at the Dayton Crowne Plaza ever again. P.S. Yes, I did mention all of this issues to the manager and received a discount on our room. They have lost the 10 others traveling with me as customers. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jenkins09,

Thank you for your review on the Crowne Plaza Dayton. We are grateful that you have written a detailed review on our property. This is helpful in making improvements and bettering your stay in the future. Thanks again for your points, this will be distributed to the department heads and will be addressed.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

I had requested an accessible bathroom both on making my reservation then again with an email confirmation the week before our visit. On arrival we went to our room and it was not accessible. The bathroom however was small and tub and vanity were close enough to be used as leverage to use. So in their defense we did not say anything. Upon arrival we paid $15.00 for valet parking since the small lot next to the hotel was full. Leaving at 5 p.m our car was brought promptly however, returning at 9 p.m. there was no valet. It also was raining (all day). We parked next to a flag pole and gave our keys to the front desk. The next morning the car was in the same place so we just got our keys and left.
The hotel itself needed a lot of updates. The mattress was very hard and the vending area was empty. No ice or vending at all.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear heckp2016,

We appreciate your review on the Crowne Plaza Dayton. Your feedback is valuable to us. I personally want to apologize about your inconveniences with our valet department. This is unacceptable and will be addressed. Thanks again for your points.

Reviewed August 18, 2016

I wish I had read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor before staying at this hotel. I thought it could not be bad because it is the hotel across from the convention center. I was wrong.

Musty odor in the rooms ... my shoes stuck to the tile floors throughout the hotel when I walked on them ... Paint chipping in the bathroom ... AC units that are either freezing or off ... Train tracks near-by and freight trains, need I say more ?

This hotel is old and dilapidated. It should be closed and completely renovated from top to bottom.

Room tip: The best tip I can offer is ... Don't choose a room.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mark_CPDayton, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2016

Dear travelwell123,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on TripAdvisor. We apologize that your stay was not up to the standards that you so very much deserve. We hope that you will give us another chance to impress you. Thanks again.