“Worth of money”

Extended Stay America - Dayton - North
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 5 February 2017

The room was clean and decent. The bed and clothing were very cleanly maintained. It was a good location as we have lot of options near by. I got a good deal as well by registering thru Extended Stay America portal. Will definitely look after this chain of stay's in future as well

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Your feedback is important. Thank you for sharing. It is great to see you enjoyed your clean room and our convenient location. I am also pleased to read that you received a great deal by booking with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Spent 2 nights and found it to be the most smoky "Non Smoking" Hotel ever ? That said the staff couldn't of been more friendly or helpful , it's just some of their "Extended Guests" have alternate ideas ? The room was great , large , clean & mostly quiet but the breakfast was ordinary with a Capital O !! Not too sure if I would be a repeat offender ?

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Your comments in regards to our friendly and helpful staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you smelled smoke in the hotel and you were disappointed with our grab-and-go breakfast. In response to your feedback, I am going to be coaching my staff further, to ensure our non smoking policy is strictly enforced and our breakfast is better explained upon check in. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at DNT@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

My only complaint was with the limited analog cable. Otherwise, this was a great place to stay. Room was clean. Kitchen appliances and bathroom were spotless. Carpet, fixtures and bed were new. Really impressed. Price was very fair. Stayed one night. Quiet. Good, safe location.

Room Tip: My room was on first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am more than pleased to read you were well accommodated by our staff and that you were impressed, despite the issues with the cable options. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I have written a lot of reviews over the past few years and rarely do I write a bad one but I have to with this one. I booked 2 rooms for my adult children and their significant others. The hotel we booked early (down the street from this hotel) for parents weekend was already full by the time they decided they were coming too. The price was great BUT you know the saying, you get what you pay for. We were given 2 rooms on the 1st floor. The floor smelled like smoke. To their credit, it looks like they are trying to update the rooms as one of the rooms had hardwood like floors and nice counter tops (but still a dirty carpet) and the other had old carpet throughout and old counters. This I think we could have been ok with but the drug deal we saw going on in the parking lot at the side door when we returned to drop them off late Friday may have done it for me. A black car lingering in the middle of the lot waiting till a young woman came out the side door in pajama pants pulled up to her and made the exchange will definitely not have me booking here again. The second night, that door was closed off and you couldn't go in or out of it, which seems like a fire hazard to me. Also on the amenities list is a hair dryer but there was no hair dryer and when we asked at the front desk, they had no idea if there was supposed to be one. They did say there training but never went to ask anyone either. If this hotel would like to get good reviews and clientele, a major upgrade would be needed.

Room Tip: If you want a smoke free smell, don't pick the first floor
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I want to first say the staff here at this location is great, Misty is a great manager and was very kind and helpful and why I give the location a 2.5. Beyond the staff, I'm so disappointed in Extended Stay America.. staying here for an extended time is not made easy or welcoming by the company. Again I say the staff here makes the time worth it. I travel a lot and I'm in a lot of different hotels and I definitely expected to have amenities that make a lengthy stay easy and comfortable and it wasn't. I do like having the kitchen in the room but I was given dirty silverware and they don't even include a small bottle of dish detergent, like TownePlace Suites. The rooms are really dated with old televisions that don't work properly. And for a lengthy stay I only have few channels to choose from to watch.. why wouldn't they offer more cable channels like other facilities..CHEAP! I'm into health and wellness, for a lengthy stay they don't offer a fitness room.. why? I have no idea why an extended stay company wouldn't offer a fitness room. I went to another area hotel and was able to use their fitness room in order to stay in my fitness routine for the week that I was here. They did a terrible job on the tub overlay it looks so rushed and cheesy. I will say the room I stayed in was clean but so dated with old tv with limited channels that it wasn't comfortable staying in the room. You definitely don't feel at home here. The elevator is very scary to take so I took the stairs all week because the elevator sounds like it may fall through the ground at anytime. It’s loud and doesn’t sound safe at all. The front door handle is broken. I doubt that the big wigs in corporate would stay in one of these rooms. Someone from corporate really needs to stay in one of these rooms to get a real perspective of what is lacking but instead there pockets get fatter while not investing in the property to make it feel more like home for an extended stay! Just sad and disappointing! Really should offer much better amenities for your extended stay customers. New televisions with more channels like Food Network, E!, Bravo, CMT, a fitness room, ensure dishware is clean and offer, like TownePlace Suites included small dishwashing liquid in the kitchen, not that much to ask, update the rooms! Fix the elevator, fix the front door! Come on corporate DO BETTER! Update the locations make them feel more like home for extended stays!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and management; however, we apologize that you did not feel comfortable in the hotel due to amenities this location does not offer including the fitness room. In response to your feedback, I am going to be talking to my cleaning staff to ensure clean dishware and make sure they include our dish detergent as well. I will also be looking into the volume on the television channels you had mentioned as well and see about getting more channels in our line up. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying I'm NOT a fancy man or a hotel snob by any means and I don't like leaving negative reviews on anyone's business, but this was one of the most disgusting places I've stayed in a long time! We got a "non smoking" room, apparently on a smoking floor. That doesn't work. Do not accept a non smoking room on the 3rd floor. It smelled like a bar. The room looked dirty, badly stained carpet (the picture doesn't show the extent), "curly black hairs" on my supposedly clean sheets (next to my pillow, nonetheless), even more pubes and questionable white slime in shower drain (I'm not convinced it was soap scum). Barf! The place looks great from the outside, but it's really a polished turd. Pay the extra money and stay at the Drury next door. The only positives about this place is the close proximity to any restaurant you could want and Daphne at the front desk was very sweet.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dayton - North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Your review recently caught my attention. I was disheartened to read that you were not provided with a clean room when you checked in to our hotel. Please accept our apologies. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to be doing better room inspections and work closer with my cleaning staff. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at dnt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We reserved a room a month in advance and had guaranteed reservations. When we got there, they said the third floor was under renovations and they could not give us what we asked for. The front desk people were very nice and said sorry very nicely, but after 16 hours of driving, this is not what we wanted to hear. We ended up going to another hotel, also nice, but it obviously was very inconvenient for us.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation with the on site hotel. Apparently they have a big communication problem w...
Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not being able to provide you with the room you reserved upon your arrival. In response to your feedback, I understand it's frustrating to not be able to provide you with the room type you had reserved but we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and the decision has been made to go completely non smoking during our upcoming renovation. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.