“If your in the mood for bar”
Review of Tank's Bar & Grill

Tank's Bar & Grill
Ranked #59 of 730 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed January 16, 2021 via mobile

If your in the mood for bar food good choice. You have to call ahead for them to open the door but answered quick they where waiting at the door for us. Staff was great!

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (156)

Reviewed March 7, 2020

I had always heard what a great place Tanks was for breakfast, so my wife and I decided to finally try it. We arrived about 8 AM. The place was full but no one was waiting yet. Everything seemed fine, we put our order in, got our coffee, and then the waiting started. After about 30 minutes, I commented to my wife that I hadn't seen a single plate of food being served to anyone in the place. After about another 15 minutes, our food arrived. Every single thing I ordered , eggs, sausage, toast, and waffle was absolutely at room temperature, and I'm not exaggerating. Do you know bad eggs over easy taste cold? To get that temperature, it had to sit in the kitchen for at least 25 minutes after it was plated. I guess they don't have heat lamps either. My impression is that the people that give Tanks high ratings are the crowd that are looking for the most food for the money, and they do give you large portions. But it's all inedible. Needless to say, I will never be going back.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank somer1000
Reviewed February 6, 2020

Attempted to patronize this place with 7 village members on a Saturday morning. Had to park two blocks away. The place was jammed and they said an hours wait. Hope to go here sometimes.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Pho2traveler
Reviewed February 1, 2020

We were in Dayton for the night and went to Tanks after a recommendation from a friend. When we walked in, there were several tables empty but still full of glasses and plates from the last guests. We sat down at one we thought had been cleaned, only to find my pant leg stuck to syrup on the seat. (Later in the meal, I realized my boot was in a puddle of syrup beneath my chair). We were quickly waited on after sitting down and our waters and beer came out fast. After another 5 or so minutes we ordered. Then sat. And waited. And waited. And waited. The waitress kept coming by to tell us our food should be coming soon. At about 50 minutes after ordering she came by and said "they are just getting it up to the window and we should be getting it". Then we waited. And waited. And.... you get the picture. Ten more minutes tick by (we were sitting directly under the old Budweiser clock by the doors, so it was hard not to count) and our waitress tells us again, it should be any minute. Finally, over a full hour after we ordered, our food is brought out. I had the Lumber Jack breakfast that came with charred black sausage patties, cooled and runny scrambled eggs, burnt hash browns, and a side of pancakes. The pancakes were honestly the only edible part, and I only got to eat about five bites before my infant started screaming (like they do when they are forced to sit in one spot too long). So I had to go out to my car and leave my wife with my cold eggs and warm pancakes. Overall, a miserable experience that our waitress blamed on "trainees in the back". From the looks of other reviews, and for the sake of Tanks, I hope this was a fluke night.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank meatandpotatoman
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

After 10 years in Dayton and being a breakfast connoisseur I have finally found the place I will go to forever. Giant portions of yummy food. Terrific service - timely, friendly, able. The decor is definitely that of a dive bar but don't let that stop you. I will be back often.

Note: I'm not a 5 star raver. Check my reviews; over 400 from around the globe including some of the very best places. Seldom do I give 5 stars. This isn't 5 stars cuz it's cheap. It's just plane great breakfast. See you there.

Date of visit: January 2020