“Top Tier Dining in Dayton's Oregon District”

Salar Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Salar Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 826 Restaurants in Dayton
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Salar features an exciting menu of World-Fusion cuisine with strong French, Peruvian, and Mediterranean influences. In addition we offer an extensive selection of hand-crafted cocktails featuring fresh squeezed juices, fresh fruit and herbs, and only the finest spirits. Salar is a reasonably priced, upscale, yet casual style restaurant. We have created a unique dining experience with two outdoor patios, two full bars, a main dining room with full-wall windows looking out onto the Historic Oregon District, an intimate lounge space, and a private dining room. Salar is proud to be a "Green Certified" restaurant.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Salar Restaurant reopened in September following a major remodeling after a fire caused it to close months earlier. The atmosphere is great. The service was fine. The food, especially the large appetizers, was very good. In fact, if you’re not a heavy eater, ordering 2 or 3 of the delicious appetizers and a salad to share between two would be plenty. They have a nice wine and beer list. For the main entre I ordered duck. When it was brought, I thought a mistake had been made. It looked like a pasta salad. I thought that perhaps the duck was beneath the pasta, but it was not. The entre had shredded duck meat mixed in with the pasta salad. It tasted fine and I ate the entire serving, but still I was disappointed because I had visualized cutting into a nice breast of duck. One thing to keep in mind is that parking is a problem in the Oregon District, so leave yourself plenty of time to find a place to park, which might be 6 or more blocks from the restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food here is amazing!!! Wonderful atmosphere! The menu is diverse, tried several items, all fabulous.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2018

Great food and atmosphere- have gone here before concerts/plays downtown or taken guests from out of town- they all love it- even one of my picky relatives loved it

Reviewed October 29, 2018

We stumbled across this little gem while in the Oregon neighborhood. We didn't have a reservation, and the hostess said they were all full for the night, but we were welcome to eat at the bar. My husband was not happy about this, but I persuaded him to give it a shot. Boy are we glad we did! Not only are the cocktails fabulous, but the bar staff are amazing! Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable about the menu and the cocktail menu.
It was a treat to watch them craft cocktail after cocktail while we enjoyed an amazing dinner. We left a little tipsy because we wanted to try so many of the beautiful cocktails they were creating!
My filet was cooked perfectly, and hubby's chop was great as well!
In conclusion, don't look down your nose at a seat at the bar, you get free entertainment while enjoying an amazing meal!

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

Same creative menu, good service, nice decor. I was a big fan before the fire so I’m still a fan. What has changed are the prices, especially for the salads and appetizers. It’s now listed as a $$$$ place and I think it was $$$ before. They still have a good wine list with reasonable prices.