“Excellent Stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Everything went perfect for this stay. Check in and out was quick and easy. The staff were some of the most friendly people I have met. Breakfast was above average. The evening kickback was nothing special but at least they are trying. The room was very clean. The room I had was directly in front of the elevators. The ice machines were also near the elevators. I was a little concerned about noise. However, I did not hear a sound from the elevators or the ice machine during the entire stay. I couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bvilletravel

Reviewed 9 January 2012

This hotel is well appointed, very clean and friendly. Good value too. Happy hour with snacks and breakfast.

Room Tip: They have king size beds and they are very comfortable and accept AAA discount.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babe5
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The rooms were dated but not bad. Great choices for restaurants in the area. The breakfast in the morning is great.

2  Thank Patty099
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We arrived @ 6AM Christmas morning after driving all night from VA. The 2nd door to the hotel lobby was locked (security) and I called from the phone which was answered promptly. Once I showed a picture id the doors opened and I explained to Betty (I think) that we were not due to check in until 3PM. I was a bit dissappointed that they would not prorate the room, but, it was Christmas morning. We got to our room and went to bed. They have a wonderful HOT breakfast selection along with fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc. In the afternoon there was free popcorn & free sodas. In the evening there was HOT food and bar service with 2 free drink tickets per adult! Definitely a great value:} I was also a bit dissappointed that we did not have a microwave & refrigerator in our room because I had my 6 month old grandson with me, but I did not think to ask when booking because it was a last minute trip to surprise our family! The hotel was very clean, staff was exceptionally friendly, the hotel lobby felt very homey and the room was plenty big. The room was very nice and comes with shampoo, conditioner & shower gel dispenser in shower. There is also hairdryer and coffee in room. Thank you to everyone that worked with a smile on Christmas to make us feel right @ home. We will return.

1  Thank Mauibabe70
Reviewed 26 December 2011

What a great value, free dinner and breakfast plus three alcoholic beverages free per person per night. The rooms are modern with flat screen TVs. The indoor/outdoor pool was great. Friendly staff and clean facilities. Would definitely stay here again. Perfect for families.

1  Thank tbird38
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I was coming in late from a long night on the road, had car trouble and it's 6am in the morning. I walked in with no toiletries because they were with the car on the back of a tow truck and Got the most cheerful hello from Jamie. I asked for a room and asked when I needed to check out assuming it would be the normal 11 am, which would give me 4-5 hrs of rest. She told me I had until the next morning. 24 +hrs.
She provided free of cost the needed toiletries, pointed me to the free buffet and when I called down, called me by name, and when I down later after resting, called me by my name again, inquired about my daughter who was in labor, and made sure I was comfortable.
The room was quiet, the bed just right, the walls thick so no noise from the next room and I was spoiled. As I was in the business center I heard her take care of the other quest with the efficiency and warmth she had attended to me. What a Hotel.
This Hotel was a weary travelors oasis...
the Kick back, where free wine and food is offered is the topping on the stay.

Room Tip: I was on the Top floor and all was Quiet ..I saw the freeway but couldn't here is. The AC unit...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Vienna W
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Our hockey team was in Dayton for a tournament, and I had never heard of this chain. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous.

The hotel was very clean, and the rooms were also quite nice. The 5:30 kickback and breakfast are both excellent additions to one's stay. The pool was nice--kids loved swimming outside in December.

I always check for bedbugs, and I looked everywhere in our room--found NOTHING. To me, this is priority number one.

The surrounding area of Dayton can be somewhat shady, so be sure you know where you are going and travel with a group.

I would definitely return.

2  Thank StuBoy--Pgh