Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Historic and Beautiful Cemetary

Both sides of my family have lived in the Dayton area since the 1800’s, and this has always been a... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
harris2645
Dayton, Ohio
via mobile
interesting stories about the 'residents'

a first class arboretum AND famous people! Lots of guided tours available, or you can just walk... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
michael m
Dayton, Ohio

All reviews erma bombeck buried here the wright brothers final resting place highest point paul laurence dunbar historical figures burial place rolling hills great view of downtown downtown dayton lots of history peaceful place self guided tour walk around history buff great place to walk
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

I had heard so many wonderful things about Woodland Cemetary that I took my parents and teen daughter. Everyone told me how pretty it was, but, to me, it was a disappointment. The grass was really high - it looked unkept. I really didn’t know how to find the historic aspects of the cemetary. We visited the overlook where you could see all of Dayton - that was very nice. We ended up leaving after a few minutes of not knowing how to navigate the cemetary.

On a positive note - I plan to go back and give it another try. I’m very intrigued by the famous people who are buried there, so i’m Going to go solo and explore :)

Date of experience: June 2018
3  Thank nssunshine1104
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Woodland is beautiful and has a lot of history here. I love to just walk around - it's peaceful and a great place to wander. If you aren't 'visiting' a loved one (or even if you are) download their app - it is free and helps you find the gravesites you are interested in and also the historic sites. Guided tours and self guided are available year round and worth going on with friends.

1  Thank Amusesings
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Woodland, with its rolling hills and tree lined streets provides a beautiful final resting place. Famous Dayton folks like the Wright Brothers, Irma Bombeck, Paul Laurence Dunbar are buried there and it’s fun to locate and visit their final resting place. The highest point is a newly constructed site for ashes of those that were embalmed and provides a beautiful view of the Dayton skyline

Reviewed May 3, 2018

I generally like to visit cemeteries where I travel to not only to pay my respects to the members of the communities that I visit but also for the history and the beauty of their final resting places.

it was not different here, it was even richer if you ask me.

Dayton is where the wright brothers were born and the Wright family is buried here so this was a definite must.

I also was able to visit many splendid graves where the beauty and the art on the headstones are just breath taking.

here at this cemetery they make sure to mark all the most historical figures who reside here and even conduct tours.

I is definitely great to see the beautiful lake that is in the middle of this cemetery and the flora that grows so majestic here.

just a beautiful experience.

1  Thank 502ericaf
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

When visiting Dayton for a family wedding, and having completed the audio book Wright Brothers by David McCullough, a must visit was the gravesite of the Wright family. Respectfully acknowledging this family is a must. Beautiful setting.

Date of experience: April 2018