Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Just beautiful!

Reviewed 4 days ago
MandyMar25
A very unusual place to take a walk but peaceful

Debra H
Dayton, Ohio

All reviews erma bombeck buried here the wright brothers final resting place highest point paul laurence dunbar lookout point historical figures burial place rolling hills university of dayton sounds weird great view of downtown great place to wander hilly terrain mature trees lots of history
Reviewed 4 days ago

I've been coming to Woodland cemetery off and on since I was a teenager and it's truly beautiful. I hadn't been back for a few years and recently went on a walk with a friend and it was the nicest day I'd had in awhile. The view of the city is great too!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I was actually going there to look for a Cemetery spot for my mom and myself trying to get our final resting place in order. I miss my contact person so I decided to just walk thru and look at the different head stones, names and designs. Before I knew it it was late. The walk was relaxing I knew my Dad was there but did not know where so I walked and walked finally I came across his stone. There is a lot of history there.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I love going to Woodland for a walk/hike and visit the grave sites of all the famous and common people buried here. It as great place to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First, a tip -- must get a map at the entrance. The roads are really confusing. Stop at the "Look Out." You can see the entire downtown of Dayton. Of course, the Wright Brothers, brother and sisters, and parents have a large burial plot. Also, visit the Paul Laurence Dunbar (poet) gravesite. The landscaping is beautiful, so don't miss Goose Lake -- not that many geese, but lots of ducks.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Be sure to have your walking shoes on & be prepared to climb some hilly terrain. What awaits here is like seeing a beautiful cemetery dedicated to great minds - inventors, business leaders, writers, authors & poets, civic leaders, war and sports heroes. Arrange a guided tour with a group of friends and you’ll realize why Dayton is referred to as the cradle of invention in the United States.
This is a true hidden gem. There’s no better time to do this than in October. Now make it happen!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Another visit to a cemetery for another RoadsideAmerica recommendation. This one is the grave of a boy who drowned after falling in a local canal, and his dog who refused to leave the grave. :(

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I took my husband by here for the first time just recently and he was very surprised about the history here.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

What a beautiful place! A very nice employee led us on her golf cart to the Wright family site and showed us Paul Dunbar's grave and how to find Erma Bombeck's grave too.
We spent some time just driving and walking through the area. The Cemetery is well maintained and easy to get around in. Time very well spent.

2  Thank 649garyo
Reviewed August 1, 2018

We went for a visit with friends to visit the Wright Brothers gravesite and were amazed at the other interesting sites we found. Hopefully you are able to stop in the office during busines hours to get a map of the various "famous" gravesites throughout the cemetary. if not, just checkout their website for additional information. Check out the "dog and little boy grave site", that is a great story. It sounds weird but this is a true treasure for Dayton wel worth the stop.

1  Thank Cruising2by2
Reviewed July 19, 2018

When we arrived, the office was closed for the day but there were maps available to help us find our way. Not only did we see the "Wright Brothers Family Plot", but were surprised to learn of some of the other well known people who share this final resting place. As expected, the cemetery was peaceful and gave visitors a beautiful place to reflect.