All reviews university of dayton ud arena basketball game front desk bistro staff miami river solid hotel pleasant stay easy access close proximity business trip marriott hotel breakfast was included stayed one night would definitely stay here again rooms were very clean enjoyed my stay
Reviewed February 20, 2017

Greeted with a smile. The front desk staff was very helpful, friendly and had a great sense of humor. Check in was quick and easy. The room was updated and clean. The staff in the breakfast area were also very friendly and went out of their way to meet our needs. The only problem was our room was not cleaned. BUT, the manager gave us a coupon for breakfast. The gentleman who was handling evening housekeeping took care of everything in a friendly and timely manner. Overall a very good experience.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Dear Pvh16,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful to know that you found our rooms comfortable and our associates friendly. Your review and recommendation are welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for staying with us.

Best,

Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

This motel is just across the street from the university of Dayton witch is great if your attending a event there. But if not it is a real problem to get in the hotel if a game is going on. The motel is clean and a good place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank buildingbill
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Dear williamrR9807WL,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful to know that you found our rooms comfortable and our location convenient. Your review and recommendation are welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for staying with us.

Best,

Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

Overall we had a very good stay and would probably stay here again. Room was clean, comfortable and relaxing. Decor was delightfully modern but that isn't very important to me when choosing a hotel. (I did enjoy watching some of the Orange Bowl on the big screen in the lobby.) Curtains cutoff outside light very well, which made it great for sleeping. This was a medical trip set up by our insurance so I didn't pick it. I would have given 5 stars but three things prevented that. First, no complimentary breakfast or coffee. They do have a small restaurant/cafe type thing in the looby but prices were too high. Second, when we arrived after a 4 hour drive, they said our room had been cancelled. We worked it out but it just felt like something fishy had gone on. Third, the faucet in the bathroom doesn't stick out far enough to easily use it. I posted a picture to visualize the issue. When using a sink, you don't want to keep banging your hands against the sink wall. I could barely get my hands under the water. Again, overall it was a pleasant stay but would have been a 5-Star rating if a few small things were resolved.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

Dear Brian T,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our comfortable accommodations.The Courtyard brand has been designed to offer a modern a la carte menu in a bistro-style concept in order to provide a wider range of options and healthier selections. I have noted your feedback regarding the reservation confusion and faucet placement and will take it under consideration as we continually work to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip. It was close to the business site but also only a few minutes from downtown and with very easy access to I-75. The rooms were new and well appointed in a contemporary style. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room included a nice business desk and task chair. It was also quiet and well lit. Free Internet was provided for basic email and surfing. It was not fast enough for streaming. Enhanced Internet service, suitable for streaming, was $4.95 per day. I did not try it.

A breakfast bar was not available as in other Courtyards I have stayed in but breakfast and other meals were available at a Starbucks like bistro just off the lobby. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. Although the food was better, I would have preferred a breakfast bar. Many restaurants are within a 5 to 10 minute drive. It is not a walk friendly location.

My only minor disappointment was that the TV content was not worth watching. NBC and CBS had no signal; most channels were low quality analog; and the HD channels had artifacts and frequent breakups. It wasn't important to me so I didn't include it in my rating.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Thank K. Wayne H
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Dear K. Wayne H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. The Courtyard brand has been designed to offer a modern a la carte menu in a bistro-style concept in order to provide a wider range of options and healthier selections. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

So, I need to say that the hotel is very nice and modern. Stayed for a week for work and there seemed to be an issue every day.

First, the staff commented upon check in that my company was paying for everything but incidentals (normal), and they needed my cc for those. They ended up charging the entire stay to my card. The manager was very nice and fixed it, but still...

Housekeeping was not great. The bed was barely made each day and towels replaced. Other than that, nothing else was done.

There aren't very many TV channels which is kinda picky but when traveling for business, TV is important entertainment.

Then, we got notes on our cars the day of a UD basketball game warning of towing. Mind you, I had been there for 5 days at that point.

Honestly, no one was rude or anything of the sort. But if I have to keep asking for things to be fixed or taken care of, it all amounts to a less than great stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jandmsmom
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2016

Dear jandmsmom,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm very sorry the the lapses in service that you encountered during your stay. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides us with the valuable information we need to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope to see you again.