“Great homemade cooking!”

Zuriel's Latin Restaurant
Ranked #277 of 625 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch, 3:00. Ordered and no one else was there, then the place filled up. Glad we got there ahead of all, as we had a 30 minute wait. But well worth it!
Small mom and pop place, but the real thing. 2nd time there, as we were customers the first day they opened 2 years ago. We always stay in south part of Sarasota, so don't get this way often.
Nothing fancy, just real Latin food!

Reviewed January 9, 2017

My wife and I lived for nearly 40 years in Latin America, We love her food. I saw a good review score for Zuriel's and decided to try it! It is in a non-descript strip mall. The ambiance is quite plain but clean. The menu is straight-up mostly Central American dishes. I ordered the Honduran chicken soup and two pupusas. The soup was served with rice and tortillas. My wife ordered the fried chicken with salad, beans, and rice. The wait for our food was very long. My soup was large and reminded me of soups I have eaten in many homes in Latin America, rustic but very tasty. The rice was excellent. The pupusas were very good. The score of three I gave was because of the fried chicken. It was awful! There is no other way to describe it. The rice and beans were good. This was not at all what we were expecting.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Had lunch at Zuriel's recently and came away quite impressed. The location is in a quiet strip mall off 41st St. The place was clean and the owner/chef was very polite and attentive. We had the Honduran tacos and chicken fajitas. Both dishes were outstanding. Large portions, fresh ingredients and good service. We brought home a fair amount of leftovers as the portions were just too much to eat at once. Good value. Worth giving this place a try from anywhere in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

Saw the sign on 41 for Zuriel's Latin food and we got some good Latin food!
Elvis, the owner was waiting tables and very helpful. The special soup of the day was excellent!
My wife and I had great meals and brought nearly half home.
We love supporting small businesses and this is a good ma & pa owned business.
My only complaint was he had 2 TV's playing 2 different shows. One, a Latin soap opera, and the other, a reality show called Cheaters. Some soft Latin music would have been better!
We'll be back

Reviewed August 28, 2015

My husband is Honduran, so when we pasted by Zuriel's on our family vacation we knew we had to stop. The food was amazing! If you are looking for traditional Central American dishes then you should definitely check this place out. Very reasonably price with great service from the owner Elvis. Our whole party enjoyed Zuriel's, including individuals that are not accustomed to traditional plates.