“One of the most well-known and best restaurants in Bradenton”
Review of PIER 22

PIER 22
Reserve with OpenTable
PIER 22 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 630 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This sophisticated casual restaurant located on the Manatee River offers indoor and outdoor waterfront dining with an extensive scratch-made menu ranging from sushi, fresh fish, choice steaks, and wild game. Reservations are accepted for parties of 2-300. Your choice of ambiance includes multiple private dining rooms, an elegant Ballroom, a casual Patio, or al fresco dining on the Waterfront Terrace. PIER 22 also provides Offsite Catering in your home, office or setting of your choice.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pier 22 is notably one of the best known and finest restaurants in Bradenton, FL due to its historic background dating back to WWI, reputation for quality cuisine and location. With numerous well-appointed dining rooms, a sushi bar, and a large covered patio overlooking the Manatee River, the restaurant has a varied menu of almost any type of food you’re in the mood for: steaks, seafood, soups, sandwiches, small plates, and a lunch menu. The décor -with wood paneling, white table cloths and goblets - is both elegant and casual. (They also offer catering and attention to private parties.)

In addition to a Happy Hour, there is an extensive wine and cocktail menu by the bottle or glass, with drinks only $4.00 at Sunday brunch. Friday and Saturday dinner specials feature prime ribs. A recent resident of Bradenton, I had been there only once before and had lunch on the patio with my dog (they provide a water bowl). This time I sat in the dining room to take advantage of the air conditioning in this hot, muggy Florida weather. Joe, my server, could not have been more accommodating, and the staff in general create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. It's not yet season, so there's no wait. I live in Bradenton and often treat myself to lunch at various restaurants. There aren’t that many in Bradenton with such a varied menu.. Pier 22’s popularity over so many decades attests to its quality. My corned beef reuben sandwich was delicious, but I can’t comment on other food that I haven’t tasted. Pier 22 is fairly pricey, but in line with other fine restaurants in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. At lunch burgers and sandwiches cost about $13-16 with no side dishes included as in other competing restaurants. With a beverage and dessert, it’s a pricey lunch, but not out-of line. Dinners ala carte begin in the $25-$30 range and up. You can have a hamburger or other sandwich if you don't want to splurge.

Situated at the tip of Bradenton’s River Walk on the river by a bridge, and within walking distance of the South Florida Museum, the view is spectacular. I highly recommend it for tourists to the area. There are hotels, shops nearby and other attractions and events on a regular basis. Take advantage of the complimentary valet service as Pier 22 is set back from the River Walk, which is a few miles long. You can easily spend an afternoon in the area – walking the dog, pushing baby stroller, and watching the boats cruising by. Or celebrate in style. They are poised for groups.

PIER22MGMT, Guest Relations Manager at PIER 22, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I love to hear that you had memorable experiences at our historic location. PIER 22 is proud of its history, and our goal is creating more beautiful memories for our guests in the future. I am so glad you have had the opportunity to try a few of our various choices, and I hope that you will continue to try more dishes the more times that you visit. With many choices, it will be hard to run out of new meals to try. I will definitely be telling Joe that he helped to create an excellent experience for you. Thank you again for your comments, and we are all looking forward to seeing you stroll down our pier for another great time at our slice of paradise.

L. Lundsten (Guest Relations)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I dine here quite frequently; why? because of the level of outstanding service! Our absolute favorite server, BRANDON DAVIDSON never fails to deliver with his level of professionalism, attentiveness to detail, and outgoing personality and warm welcoming smile. We, as others in our vast circle of friends whom we've dined here with, recommend Pier 22 and Brandon Davidson for an exemplary dining experience! You won't be sorry!!!!!!!

It is lovely to hear that you have become a frequent guest at our beautiful location. Our staff's goal is to create an unforgettable experience for our guests, and I know that Brandon will be ecstatic to hear that he provided that for you. We are all on the lookout for your next visit to our slice of paradise.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pier 22 catered an event I attended and the food was fabulous. We had filet in a sauce/ gravy, bruschetta chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls and a very yummy salad with their signature dressing. Everything was so good!

Thank you for your review, Kim. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our food at your catered event. We hope to see you stop by and dine at our beautiful locale soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Keep the shrimp Scampi Provencal on the menu. It was good. I also like the bar and the bartenders are helpful and fun. One named Denis stands out! I also liked the dozen oysters on the half shell. They are a great bargain on Sunday afternoons. Keep up the good work.
Trudy

PIER22MGMT, Guest Relations Manager at PIER 22, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I appreciate your comments, Trudy! It is so good to hear that our staff had provided an excellent experience for you. I will be sure to let the bar staff and Joe know about your superb time here at PIER 22. We all look forward to your next visit to the riverside.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

My wife and I visit Bradenton frequently to attend performances of the Manatee Players. Pier 22 is our go-to pre-show dinner choice. Reasons: Valet and on-site parking, Open Table reservations, friendly and knowledgable servere, great specials based on fresh seafood, beef and game, and most of all, delicious food. We enjoy sitting indoors during the summer and enjoying the waterfront views. The servers are teriffic, adn will bring food out quickly if you are on edeadline, or be relaxed if you are in the mood for a leisurely evening of cocktails and dinner.

PIER22MGMT, Guest Relations Manager at PIER 22, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

We are so pleased to hear you have had wonderful experiences at PIER 22. Our servers are happy to attend to guests specific needs, and we do have a lot of guests who enjoy an excellent meal by the riverside before heading to the theater. We are glad that we can provide both a beautiful evening to relax and experience as well as a pre-show early dinner. Our staff looks forward to the next time you visit either way.