“Cute but....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
“Cute but....”
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Uncomfortable bed and huge ants in the kitchen. Other than that it was clean and comfortable. Our room was a newer unit. It's in a great location. So close to bushkill and Milford is a fun town about 20-30 min

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Gigi219
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review upon your stay with us. Our staff works diligently to ensure guests enjoys every moment of their stay.

If any bugs are present during cleaning, pest elimination professionals are contacted to inspect the unit and eradicate the problem. When a guest reports or sends a comment about a pest issue the same procedure is followed. I have asked our Maintenance Department and our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa in which you stayed, so that a through inspection can be completed.

As you mentioned our location offers our guests the luxury of many different attractions located close to the resort and on property for all seasons.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Cass City, Michigan
Reviewed 24 May 2012

What our Interval International exchange book said about this place and what the pictures showed of this place, in our opinion was deceiving. The grounds were unkept, bare spots in and around each villa. Granted this stay was early for the north areas, but with the mild temps in that region and spring like weather, you would have thought they would have things looking better and working better for their guests. Our stay was May 13-20th. We also found the 3 or 4 outdoor pools were not cleaned and usable. The indoor pools were ready and we were glad about that. The front desk at check in, lacked making us feel welcomed and they offerd no information as to what to expect and things to do at the resort. The first 2 bedroom villa we were given was in not in a very good location as young adults were hanging out on the front porches in the villas next door and near by. Not impressive at all. My husband went back to the front desk to see if we could be moved and we were about to get another unit on the other side of the resort area near the golf course. The restaruant on sight "Big Daddy's BBQ" was good. My husband did enjoy mountain biking at the nearby trail along the Delaware River next to our resort. The horseback riding that was part of the resort "things to do", was a heafty $30.00 pp. We did enjoy a nice 45 minute ride was a nice view from horseback on top of one of the hills. The bedroom were small, and the furniture was outdated as were the mattresses. It was a 3 floor villa with the bathrooms and bedroom and the laundry area in the basement. The living room and dining room and kitchen was up on the first floor and the loft with 2 single beds was on the top level. After doing this week at this resort, i'll know not to ever do one of these type units again. The quest bedroom did not have a TV at all. The 2 TV's in the unit, one in the living room and one is the master bedroom, were old units. All in all, the question is, would we go back to this Fernwood Resort called Tree Tops Fairway Villas...and the answer is no. A lot of renovation needed at this Resort.

Room Tip: There are lots of other places to stay and We would definately recomend that. I do have a few photos...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Georgia H
First and foremost, please allow me to apologize for the frustrations encountered during your stay with us. I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had mention of.

Although, our region did have a mild winter, the spring was very wet. I can assure you now that the weather has improved, our Landscaping Team is busily getting ready for the summer season. Our outdoor pools open every year on Memorial Day weekend. I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy one of the outdoor pools, however we do offer indoor pools through out the Resort.

I have contacted our Quality Assurance Team to do a thorough inspection of the villa that you stayed in. I can assure you their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.
I have also passed along comments regarding the Front Desk to our Director of Guest Services so that they can be addressed to ensure this does not happen again.

I was pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the horseback riding, I do agree the view from the mountaintop is spectacular. As well as the bike trails are great for the views and wild life, not to mention a great work out.

I would like to take this moment to reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. The owners have made significant improvements property wide over 2011. This plan of action will continue in 2012 as we determine what areas of the resort will have the most impact on our guests.

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Haverhill,MA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Although the picture shows a garden style dwelling, the villa we had was equipped with enough stairs to make a mountain goat happy. It was impossible to get to the front door without a hike (8 to 10 stairs) and then there was a landing-five steps up to the living room /kitchen, eight or so down to the master bedroom. The 1/2 bath was also on this landing. It was another 15 steps up from the kitchen/living room to the second bedroom. I have bad knees so the fun did not begin at the door.
The voicemail system did not work and I was informed that it would not work for the length of our visit - "a software problem" even though we had some expected guests who just might leave a message on the nonworking system.
The upstairs bedroom and bath had ants and the open mousetrap under the kitchen sink was not a delight to discover.
The sofa cushions were torn and the whole place, while neither too clean nor too dirty speaks of neglect and things done on the cheap. The bed was hard and obviously inexpensive.
Although the staff was very nice, I know we will never return.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mamalolly
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. The items you listed should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the Villa being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

I have asked our Quality Assurance Team as well as our Maintenance Department to do an inspection on your villa to determine if the furniture needs replacing. I can assure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. The owners continue to make improvements property wide and this plan of action will continue in 2012 as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements.

The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree tops and Fairway offer many different unit accommodations with little to no steps. I only wish you had reached out to our Front Desk or Guest Services Director during your stay, as they would have been more than happy to relocate you to another villa to ensure you had a most enjoyable stay.

I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was my families second trip last time we stayed at the hotel which I recommend much more then the villas that we stayed at this time. This is the first review I have ever wrote and I am doing this because I was so discussed by their version of clean. I have a 4 yr old son and I was discussed to let him sleep in the beds. I actually went out to get my own blanket to place over the beds for us to sleep on. There were other previous guests potato chip bags above the curtains on the sliding glass doors that I easily spotted so I just don't understand how the people that clean the villas could miss these things. Something else that bothered me is I felt like I was in the middle of Trenton there were kids and adults screaming in the streets till 3 am and blasting music and fighting. I know that's out of the Hotels control but there should be some type of security. My family and I will never be back here and I will advise anyone that ever asks me about a place in the Poconos to never stay at this place. There is a new Hotel going up near Bushkill that I saw on our trip and that's where I will be staying next year and I advise that you do the same. I am thankful we didn't get bed bugs I was a little nervous about that but I sprayed the beds with bed bug spray before we slept on them.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here choose the hotel part it is much cleaner and it felt a lot safer
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Nicole R
First and foremost, please allow me to apologize for all frustrations encountered during your stay.

I was disappointed to hear of the room conditions. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Housekeeping so that she may discuss this with all of the staff.

I would like to reassure you that our resort does have security on property and I do apologize that you were not aware of this. We do make every effort to ensure that all of our guests show consideration and respect to one another. We apologize that this impacted your stay.

I hope that you will reconsider and possibly give us the opportunity to prove that we can make our guests' happy while vacationing with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts
NYC
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Just came back yesterday from spending the mothers' day weekened. Check in was quick and the villas are clean. The pool we went to was very cold i could not go in. My son had a ball so once he is happy i am happy. The food at the restaurants are affordable and tasty; B-B-Q restaurant and the bar. The game room needs updating. The grounds are clean. This is a place for the ones that are adventerous and love the outdoors or someone who just wants to sleep all weekend. I did not buy the time share because i think some renovations are needed/the social areas. However for the price you can not beat it. Anyone with a large family, this is the perfect place for you ....you could cook your own food and your kids can do a lot of activities without spending a dime

Room Tip: Ask for a new villa
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shana D
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your visit to our Resort.

We are pleased you and your family enjoyed your time while with us. As you mentioned our resort offers many different activities for adults and children of all ages, as well as different villa styles to accommodate any size family.

I have asked our Maintenance Department to check all of the pools to ensure they are at their correct temperatures.

I would also like to take a moment to reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. We have made significant improvements property wide and this plan of action will continue into the coming years.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Ozone Park, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My family and I visit the Pocono Mountains about three times a year. On our most recent winter trip to the Poconos, we stayed at Tree Tops. We enjoyed a weekend full of snow tubing and horseback riding, which were offered by the resort.

We've always had a great stay at the Villas at Tree Tops in the Pocono Mountains. The resort offers a 18-hole golf course, newly renovated health club, whirlpool baths, tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools. Tree Tops Villas are spacious, well-maintained accommodations with all the comforts of home. Add it all up, and you've got Tree Tops Villas.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MohamedQ
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation and our amenities.

Our villas are designed to accommodate any size family to come together for a great vacation.

Our staff takes great pride in offering exceptional service, so that all of our guests can have an enjoyable vacation experience. Our resort and great location in the Pocono Mountains offers a nice quiet relaxing time to our guest, or great activities on property and the surrounding area all within a short drive.

We hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stay in the 5 bedroom villa...
The house is amazing. Tho it doesn't have a private pool it does have a sauna ... Huge bed rooms... Most comfortable beds.. Nice bathrooms.... Secluded. I love these villas. I've stayed in tree tops and fair way in all sizes from the one bedroom villas to the 5 bedroom. Little pricey but it's a great little weekend get away.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank shegoessheshares
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit to our Resort.

Our resort has many different villa accommodations to offer families and friends of all sizes. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay while with us.

It is always our pleasure to serve our guests by welcoming them into a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. We pride ourselves in offering the ultimate vacation experience, and look forward to welcoming you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
5.7 km away
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
13.2 km away
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
10.8 km away
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!