Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Pocono Palace Resort(Marshalls Creek)
US$150
Hotels.com
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
US$103
US$71
  • Breakfast included
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
US$159
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
US$69
  • Breakfast included
US$72
Travelocity
US$170
US$145
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
US$57
All reviewsbushkill fallsindoor poolqueen suitekeurig machinebathroom floorjacuzzi tubnice sizepaddle boatsmain buildingget awaythis past weekendloungegamekidsactivitiesrobescabin
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Do yourself a favor, don’t book this hotel, and if you DID book – cancel. Yes, it really is THAT bad. I read the Trip Advisor reviews and while they were negative, they were mixed and I thought it couldn’t be that bad; I was wrong, it was worse.

I was traveling with my husband and two small children (3yrs and 9months). We require two queen sized beds so that we can each share a bed with one child. Our youngest will not sleep in a pack-n-play, we’ve tried. I booked a Queen Suite with 2 queen beds and a separate living area. Upon arrival, we were given keys to room 122. After carrying our bags and children to the room, we discovered this room was already occupied by another family. This family had been moved TWICE by the hotel in their two days, and now they had a family walking into their suite because the hotel double booked the room.

The hotel owner was involved in resolving the issue, but rather than speak to me directly he spoke ABOUT me to the staff, referring to me as “she” and “her” and pointing at me. I let that slide. They gave me keys to a bungalow sort of room which was right off the lobby. They said there would be parking outside of the room, there wasn’t, but they can’t control that. I check the room, and there’s only one bed. I repeated to reception that we required two queen beds, and they gave me a room with one. Why? Because the manager on duty was about to end her shift and couldn’t be bothered to do the check in correctly. It’s now 10pm and my children are exhausted, hungry, and cranky.
Throughout the entire ordeal, not one person within the hotel staff offered my family anything. No water, no place to sit and rest, nowhere to heat up a bottle for my baby – nothing. You know who did? The family whose room key we were given. They invited us into their room to feed our children while I resolved the room issue.

Finally the next manager came on for her shift. She gave us a room, which was a downgrade. I was fine with this, it had two beds, and we needed to sleep. I brought it to her attention that it was a downgrade from what I had booked and paid for, and she said that we would be refunded. Spoiler alert: we weren’t refunded. They charged us for the Queen Suite.

During our 3 night stay our room was not serviced even once. I have never been to a hotel where the room wasn’t serviced. We were out every day – the entire day – and not once did someone clean our room, bring towels, nothing. It was disgusting. Also during our stay, there was a group who rented out almost the entirety of the hotel. So at any given time, the hotel lounge, bar, and restaurant were closed to down for this group. I’ll be honest, the place is so dirty I was happy to go elsewhere, but this information could have been made available prior to booking.
In addition – they have a mold problem. I’ve been home for 2 days and I’m still experiencing mold related issues. They also copied our credit card and ID’s which is illegal. Unless you are a masochist, stay away from this place. It’s wildly expensive for the worst service.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank JillT007
Reviewed July 1, 2017

I recently visited this hotel and I have to be honest, it was not good. We've been here once before a few years ago with family when we were visiting the falls for hiking and that time it was wonderful. I have no idea what happened this time but staff refused breakfast, lunch, dinner saying they do not offer meals, game room had many bugs as if it hadn't been used for years, kids went out to play in the playground the swings had spider webs all over them and were creaking, they didn't let us change our room to a different floor even when there was obviously no one else staying at the hotel, and the swimming pool had an excess amount of bleach definitely not safe for children.

Room Tip: I'd say don't come at all but if I were to advise get 3rd or 2nd floor, first floor has too many bugs.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Harmain M
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best hotel among bushkill ... hotel it self had so many activities... I love it amazing view , nice and clean all the staff are very friendly n there are always ready to help .. during my stay I feel so good ... definitely I m coming back for my next trip .

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Lobsang D
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Unfortunately, this hotel is NOTHING like what is displayed in the pictures. I choose the Bushkill Inn for this past weekend due to its proximity to Bushkill Falls as well as the inviting outdoor pool, reviews of steakhouse, etc as they were displayed in pictures. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon there was an overwhelming scent of chemicals in the lobby, it was darkly lit and no one was around. The SPA was closed completely, the outdoor pool was closed, the grounds were not maintained and overrun with weeds and wild bushes. The steakhouse was closed (on a Saturday evening). I think they have 1 person working the entire hotel all weekend. My biggest complaint is that there should have been some notice that these things would NOT be open this particular weekend. I really would NOT have wasted my money. There were two positives of this place: 1) the room was clean and decorated well and 2) the game room had some decent games for my son (although 4 were out of order).
When I was checking out, there was another woman who was complaining of no food or drinks for a meeting that she had scheduled there for others. I felt terrible for that poor woman. I would NOT recommend Bushkill Inn & Conference Center and will be calling the General Manager to lodge a formal complaint.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. Seriously.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank d0tmcd
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Our extended family of more than 100 people, including many small children, gathered for a weekend at the Inn. We had a terrific experience. We brought in a Kosher caterer, and the Inn was very accommodating to him and his staff. We were able to use multiple conference rooms, as the hotel had few other guests (it was after skiing season and before the summer season). The bedrooms were large, clean, with comfortable beds made up with duvets and terry robes.
Heads up though: The rooms were short on amenities we usually take for granted. There was not a single hanger in the closet, something I have never seen before. There was a coffee maker but no cups. One couple had no robes, so called the front desk to ask for robes and hangers., They were told "not to worry about it." Well, they didnt worry- but neither did they get either one!
When we arrived we only had two towels in the bathroom and no floor mat. We were rushing to dress for Friday night dinner and did not have time to call the desk for more. The shower had a half door that allowed water to spray on the floor, so we used one towel for the floor and shared the second- not so comfortable. Without asking for more, the next morning the cleaning staff left several towels and a floor mat, so obviously they know the right way to serve guests. Why they didn't do it to begin with is mystery!
Still, the children loved having plenty of space to spread out. The staff were all pleasant, although they did seem understaffed and a little overwhelmed. We would all recommend this place for large families, or for family events.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family