All reviewsbushkill fallsindoor poolair hockeyqueen suiteoverlook hotelcontinental breakfastjacuzzi tubpaddle boatsnice sizemain buildingcoffee makerthis past weekendloungegamekidsactivitiesrobes
Reviewed October 28, 2017

This was a day bus trip for an "Octoberfest". The buffet was sparse including bony chicken wings and "mystery beef stew". Wine and beer limited to lunch only - low grade
house wine and only Bud beer in aluminum bottles. "Activities" consisted of bingo or a movie showed from a projector onto a free standing screen. Hour of three piece Octoberfest band was decent but there was no where to dance. Other activities listed were shuffleboard, volleyball, swimming (hmm- pool was empty). Really? In 40 degree weather. One of those past it's prime Pocono resorts. Won't return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mary W

Mary W.

I am truly sorry you did not enjoy the Octoberfest tour. I had so many compliments from others who attended the event. I hope you give us another opportunity to provide you with a great visit.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

I had booked two rooms back in September for a Saturday night into Sunday in October. Originally my booking was for 6 people. Two couples and two friends. Due to this we specifically asked for two rooms that would accommodate a king bed in each and a separate room to accommodate a pull out In each and that they were adjoining as that option was advertised and a selling point to us. We were lead to believe that our best option would be a king exterior suite and assured that there would be division between the bed and pull out sleeping spaces as this was important to us and a deal breaker if unavailable as well as they would be adjoining. We booked these rooms, one under my name and one under the friend’s name. The week before our trip I called and confirmed these details and our rates and was told I had TWO rooms under my name and none under my friend’s. This would have been an issue for arriving because if we had not checked in at the same time she would not have been able to check in before me if needed since we were traveling separately. After fixing that, I confirmed each rooms pull out was in a large separate room from the bed. I went to check in at 3pm and was only then informed I was getting a hard copy key, not a key card and there was a $100 fee if lost. Ok, fine. At this time I also advised the woman checking me in that I had already had an issue with my booking and at this time I confirmed with her my rooms were adjoining. She looked confused and said no but I can put you next to each other. We agreed, she told us to call the desk if we had any further issue. Parking was not obvious and I was not instructed on where to park for my suite. So after carrying our things up hill and walking into our rooms I was disgusted to see the “suite” was one large room with a king bed and pull out couch. Both of the rooms were set up like this. The bed in 440 was made messily. There was dog kibble in room 441 on the floor (they’re supposedly not pet friendly, service dogs only) and what I presume to be a large urine spot on the arm chair. The window sills were filthy. I rang the front desk and John told me his manager Mike would call me back. Ok. Waited 30 minutes, no call. Called back, was told again he just walked in and would call. Waited another 30 minutes. It’s now 4:30 and I would like to be getting ready for dinner and the other activities I had planned but instead I’m sitting by my room phone waiting for a call from Mike. So I walked to the lobby again and explained I had be waiting and was displeased. They had Mike come out and speak to me. I explained to him the issue and he stood there and looked at me and didn’t really understand where my issue was. I explained the only reason I had chosen to stay with him was because our specific requests could be accommodated. My friend then stated that because we had one person in the group not come we could work this out but if it had been our original group as planned we would not be able to settle for anything less than the accommodations we were promised as it would be uncomfortable for our group. At this point Mike told us it “wasn’t his problem to make sure we were comfortable with our living quarters and group” at which point my friend and I were both taken back by the lack of customer service and respect for a customer. I would also like to point out I did not ask Mike to make me comfortable with my group or living quarters. I asked him to give me the accommodations I was promised or compensate me. He said he would check with his manager and get back to me and see if we could be moved or get a comp. But a move was unlikely because they were to capacity and “they don’t offer a room like what we were described so he doesn’t know why we were told we could be accommodated.” No care for making a situation right with a customer. We gave phone numbers and were told he would leave voicemails letting us know of the outcome. We went to dinner which originally we were going to have at the hotel but opted not to after the very very limited options both eateries offered. We got back from dinner around 8 and immediately went into the lobby for answers. We were greeted by Mike and told he had tried to call us 3 hours ago. No called registered on either phone left for him. He was to capacity and per his manager could not offer financial compensation so we could stay for our previously agreed rate or leave and take a full refund. We opted to leave immediately. We brought our keys in to John who expressed his apologies for our extremely negative experience we assured him it was squarely the result of Mike’s lack of customer service, empathy, care, and respect. At this time we were also told it was false that the rooms we asked for did not exist on the property. They do. This was not an isolated incident either. We noticed a minimum of 3 other customers complaining about issues with their accommodations as well. The only person who showed me great customer service was John. They need a staff full of him and maybe then they would have more satisfied customers. Never going back and will personally see no one I know ever stays there and gives them their money. The new management that was implemented 3 months ago is atrocious! If I could rate less than 1 I would. Stay at Fairfield Inn Stroudsburg, better rates and customer service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alyssa G

Alyssa G

Thank you for your comments. I will review your situation with my management team to assure these problems are resolved for future guests. Please feel free to call me to personally discuss your situation.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

I have been coming up this way since I was a child.
Also actually do some business in the area which allows me the pleasure of traveling and staying in the area fro time to time on business.
The ultimate business/pleasure trip.
I remember this when it was the old Pocmont Lodge (we knew the original owners and their family). They used to have some pretty good shows and featured guests there. the owner used to think he could sing as well.
Since the revamp it has become very fancy in comparison.
A good place to stage a business meeting.
I always liked the cabins there.
In the times I stopped there and stayed it has not seemed to be that busy.
But it does keep improving. Hope they can do well in light of other competition there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gerald M

Gerald M

Thank you for your comments. Next time you are in the area please stop in and introduce yourself. Id love to meet you.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel cancelled an event just days before the date without notice!! The owner refused to take my call. They never refunded the full deposit. The location is dark and the amenities are not worth the drive or the price!! The staff here is horrible and they never seem to know what's going on. Stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. It's new and close to everything and the staff is friendly. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!! THIS IS THE WORST OPERATION EVER!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank SBB-LLC

Reviewed October 17, 2017

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! This place is beyond accommodating. I booked the amphitheater for an event and the owner of the location cancelled my show. They gave me just a few days-notice by voicemail and the owner refused to take my phone call. They didn’t even repay me my full deposit! The staff here is corrupt. This is not the first time they have done something like this. They have even cancelled someone’s wedding traveling from Texas! Don’t waste your dollars at this hotel. There are better hotels like the Fairfield Inn Suites in Bartonsville. It’s closer to everything and they treat you with respect. This place is toooooo far from everything and there are no lights to get there. It's a waste of time

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Shalena B
Management response:Responded November 11, 2017

Thank you for your comments.