All reviews bushkill falls indoor pool air hockey queen suite overlook hotel continental breakfast jacuzzi tub paddle boats nice size main building long weekend coffee maker this past weekend lounge game kids activities
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We were assigned room 443 which is an Exterior King room. When we drove to find it, it’s a building above the laundry area and tucked in between the road and main building. No view. Ok. We walk into our room and immediately are hit by an overwhelming musty smell. Could it be because we’re right above the laundry? It’s not a bad room otherwise. Far from immaculate but we’re not upscale people. We thought we’d open the window to air it out. No screen. Hmm. It’s 50 degrees so running the air conditioner doesn’t sound great. Meanwhile, we’re listening to washers, dryers and staff right below us. We decided it was worth it to ask to be moved because this smell is truly concerning. Could their be mold lingering?!
The receptionist is doing her best because there was a wedding so they’re very full. There were “standard king rooms” but they were not clean and housekeeping is gone for the day (5:00). They found one clean king suite to put us in for an upcharge... Now, it’s not my fault your room is musty and your standard king rooms are dirty with no housekeeping onsite, so I’m not overly happy about this upcharge. The sweet receptionist went to her manager to chat about a rate and we still weren’t pleased with how much we were being charged. The manager said he could get a lot of money out of that room however, they turned away couples that were “walk ins” while we were going through all of this and said they were full... so no, you’re not getting money out of a room that you are not renting anyway!!! My husband and I are not confrontational people and we’re not upscale so we don’t need all the amenities. We asked to speak with the manager directly to explain or situation. He refused to talk to us!! I have NEVER heard of this. What kind of manager puts their front people in this kind of situation?! Seriously poor management. My husband agreed to pay the upcharge because there was no way we could sleep in our current room and it was our First Wedding Anniversary so he wanted it to be nice for us.
Fast forward, the inside of this hotel is seriously bad. It smells. It has crazy dirty carpet everywhere. The ceiling looks like there was water damage at one point. The walls are scuffed and missing paint. There is zero upkeep. The stairways smells are masked with febreeze. We made it to our suite and were immediately hit with a fragrance thing. Better than must I suppose but super overwhelming. The furniture is from the 70’s. In general, this is probably as nice as it gets so ok. We’ve put this situation behind us and head to The Steakhouse for dinner.
The restaurant only served a buffet so we went to The Lounge to order off the menu. Wait for it... I can’t make this up.
The bartender dropped a glass off the counter but let it on the floor to take our order. We ordered one water, he brought two. We ordered one beer, he brought two. Which had BLOOD on it from him cleaning up the said earlier broken glass. My glass had lipstick on it!!!!!!!! (I don’t wear lipstick). The glass the bartender gave my husband to pour his beer in had a two inch v-shape cut in it!!!! He gave him a new one and thankfully we looked at it.... their was no joke an inch of grime in it. We declined ordering off the menu and ate off premises.
Save your money. Bushkill Falls are beautiful and worth the time to see it and hike it but don’t stay here. It’s just not worth it. Poorly managed.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Came upon this place last minute, and after 4 or 5 bad hotels this was amazing..staff was great hotel was beautiful and our cabin was very clean. So refreshing that some business still take pride in their work..thank you for making the last night of our 3 wks on the road relaxing..ps bartendar was very nice.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
DougV227, General Manager at Bushkill Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Kathy Tonini, Thank you for your wonderful comments

Reviewed October 9, 2018

From the outside the place looks pretty nice. And on the inside at first our room seemed nice. It was plenty big and had living room with a couple of steps up to a nice king a nice king sized bed and bathroom. The room did have plenty of storage. But in the details it failed. EVERY piece of furniture in the living room had a noticeable stain. The door to the bathroom would not close as it was out of alignment. The floor in the corner near the coffee maker was broken. The was a grand total of two hangers in the closet. The shower was big, but mold and mildew along the bottom tiles and the design of the shower curtain ensured the floor would be soaked after a shower. The heat/AC was provided by a noisy wall unit. For $215 per night, we expected better.
There is a $10 per night resort fee charged. We knew that going in. The only thing that provided us was WIFI which seemed to work OK. At check-in we were advised the inn will charge $100 for a lost key (not electronic type).
We did not eat at the inn as there are better options reasonably close by.

Room Tip: Try one of the Inn rooms, our outside suite needed help.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Hotel staff seemed to be in slow motion. Everything. - from check in to dining room was southern paced. It is erie to be in a hotel and have all the common spaces deserted! Restaurant not open (after being told when I called that it would be) but the Lounge/bar served the same food. Not a good experience and other hotel guest chose to leave and find a different place to eat.

Location great, hotel appears very nice, but your experience is ???? You will just have to try it yourself. I cannot recommend and neither can I say don’t stay! Good luck.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara A
DougV227, General Manager at Bushkill Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Barbara A.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

A long weekend getaway to the Poconos featured a stay at this inn and conference center. For us, it was a mixed bag. I will give the positives and the negatives, because unlike some reviewers, I tend to want to be objective...no place is ever the “best” or “worst” place you ever been for any and every reason. They all have their ups and downs...the difference is how many ups vs how many downs.

Positives:
1. Really close to Bushkill Falls, which is a beautiful place to hike and see. Check it out.
2. Our room was nice
3. We got a reasonable nightly price on the room
4. Large outdoor pool

Negatives:
1. The little touches (or lack thereof) are what give this place a less than stellar feel.
2. There are a lot of areas that need to have regular maintenance performed. The boating pond is completely algae filled. The indoor pool has some tile missing and water stained ceiling areas. The finish on the roofing is coming off. All things that scream, “i’m not being taken care of!”
3. Walls were thin. We could hear our neighbors TV and music during the night.

I hope this helps those who are considering this place. Once again, not the best or worst place i’ve ever been, but it’s nice to know what you are getting into before you pick a place. So for those who might be asking the question, here was my best stab at giving you my take on it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JmanHum
DougV227, General Manager at Bushkill Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you for your comments> I will share with staff.