“Good Meal, Good Value”
Review of Prime Steakhouse

Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 399 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Prime Steak House features only the finest cuts of Premium Angus Beef, Prime Rib, Seafood, Chicken and more. Add on a side and our salad bar, wedge or Caesar salad and one of our tasty homemade sauces to any steak. Of course, start your dinner with a glass or bottle of wine from our extensive wine selection or a specialty drink from our fully stocked bar. Our award winning Prime Rib, seasoned and slowly roasted for six hours, has been voted Reader's Choice Best Prime Rib for three years in a row and Prime was Best Steakhouse in Lehigh Valley. We offer private rooms for your special family events or business meetings for up to 80 guests along with a variety of banquet menu choices. If you love the outdoors, enjoy lunch or dinner on our patio serving our full menu daily.
Reviewed December 6, 2016

We selected this location because we saw it on TripAdvisor when searching for a restaurant near the Sands. When you pull up, the restaurant looks very inviting. When you go inside, the decor is a little aged. So I wasn't sure what to expect.

The waiter was right on point and took our drink orders. He explained the specials and even gave a few recommendations. When he came back to take our orders, he was friendly but I was slightly taken aback at his somewhat lecturing tone when I inquired about how they prepared their meats. As anyone will tell you, medium means 5 different things at 5 different restaurants and I wanted to gauge my order accordingly. I simply inquired as to the level of pink in a medium preparation, at this establishment, for a prime rib. Not to be told how prime rib is different than steak, and the preparation is different, etc. That being said, I move on.

I started with the Shrimp Cocktail. It was fabulous, although 12 dollars for 5 extra large shrimp was on the high side. I then had the 14 oz Prime Rib ($27) and it was cooked a little more to the raw side of medium than I would have preferred. The mashed sweet potatoes were quite good as was the asparagus.

Wife went with the Stuffed Shrimp ($21) with Rice Pilaf and vegetable medley. The shrimp were quite generously stuffed with crabmeat and the wife said her meal was very good.

Mom had the crab cakes ($27) along with the mashed sweet potatoes and salad bar. She said the crab cakes were very good. She was not impressed with the salad bar as it was limited to salad and fixings. She would have like some slaw or fruit options. Seniors love their salad bars :-)

Overall the meal was very good, and with the exception of the shrimp cocktail, reasonably priced. The inside could use a little sprucing up as it is kind of dark, compartmentalized and tired. But if you want a good meal at a decent price, it is a very good option.

We would go here again if in Bethlehem as an alternative to the grossly over-priced and undersized options at the Sands Casino. Its only 10 easy minutes away.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

My family and I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Prime. We all had the turkey dinner which included 2 generous portions of white meat turkey, filling, mashed sweet potatoes, fresh green beans and cranberry sauce. The meal also included dessert for a very reasonable price. Our server was extremely efficient and personable. We left the restaurant happy and full. Thank you, Prime, for a great Thanksgiving meal.

Reviewed November 20, 2016

I've eaten here a few times and the experience has always been excellent! The service is wonderful as they take great personal attention to each table. The steak and prime rib are second to none!

Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

A family and friends dinner and I enjoyed a pasta did called shrimp and scallop gemelli. It was similar to a homemade Mac and cheese with shrimp and scallops on top. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Steaks were done perfectly and the service was superior.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

I just left The Prime after a simply wounderful dinner. For a party of 12 the service was cordial and attentive without being overbearing. We had both salmon and rib eye and both were perfect. The kids meals were fun and also perfect. I had just a sample of mac and cheese...great!
I really recommend this place for a good solid meal with a mid range wine list. Plan ahead, for reservations on a weekend and enjoy!