US$159
Hampton.com
US$151
US$134
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$127
HIExpress.com
US$124
US$116
Comfort Suites University(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$96
US$78
US$109
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$109
All reviewsb bsglass ceilingconservatory roombusy intersectionbreakfast was deliciousstreet noisemain buildingsmall tvnext morningbanana factoryfirst floorfresh fruitspent one nightlehigh universityjacuzzi tubsteel stackswe've stayed
Reviewed November 24, 2017

We have stayed here several times over the past year when visiting family and friends in the Lehigh Valley. We've stayed in two of the dog-friendly rooms - Suite 1 in the carriage house and #15 in the main building. Suite 1 is huge with tons of space! The bathroom is great and there is a separate sitting room with its own TV outside of the bedroom. If you were going to have people visit you here at the Sayre, this is a good option. Room 15 is smaller than Suite 1 but is just as nice and does have a small sitting area. There is a door that leads to the outside so that we can easily take our dog out. We also stayed in Room 28 when we did not have our dog with us. That room is also great. The breakfast in the dining room is plentiful - coffee, juice, fresh fruit, pastries, cereal and granola are available in addition to a choice of a breakfast entree such as an omelette or pancakes. The menu has changed each time we've been here. We always have a pleasant and enjoyable stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2017

I came to Bethlehem, PA for a conference and my colleague suggested we stay here. I was so happy I did. The place is incredible and the staff is amazing. I have to say the room are so quaint and the beds are AMAZING! My favorite part, beside the room, was the adorable young hostess/waitress (this doesn't seem to do her justice). She was there every morning, taking our orders, and making sure we were satisfied. She was just a ray of sunshine!!! Thank you for an amazing place!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2017

We arrived after a pretty long trip. They were so accommodation. The suite is beautiful with a living room (with a domed ceiling and gorgeous crown molding). The book cases are filled with wonderful classics. And, they thought of almost all details, down to the "goat milk" soap. The bed, pillows, view, shower, light, and space is all wonderful. The only downside is that we only have one night here! I'm planning to return!

Room Tip: Choose the suite!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
jeanne g, Owner at The Sayre Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The room you were in with the domed ceiling was Robert Sayre’s library office and the original library was two stories tall with a glass skylight. I often imagine Mr Sayre reading in his office by a crackling fire.
We have some nice upgrades planned for that room and bathroom this winter so hopefully you will come back and see what we have done!

Reviewed October 1, 2017

This is a great property, dating to 1858. It was an honor to be able to stay in a house that was built by Robert Sayre, a mover and shaker in the businesses of railroad, steel and a driving force behind Lehigh University. That said, the rooms are all unique. You book the exact room that you want (we stayed in room 25). We looked out the front of the home, with a view of south Bethlehem including the steel mill, and Main Street (Moravian and Hotel Bethlehem area). Fantastic! I've read reviews that it's noisy. True, but not bad if you ask me. Only noise from the loudest vehicles out front and some trains throughout the night. This is a city, so if you want quiet, head for the countryside! Our bed was fantastic (I think I read that all the mattresses have been recently replaced). Room was cool enough on two very warm September days (90 degrees). Bathroom was small but very nice. Parking is free and onsite, right at the end of the house. Service was great, from an offer to carry up our suitcases to getting us ice and loaning us some dishes and a knife from the kitchen. Breakfast (included) was a treat, with custom cooked omelets, pastries, coffee, tea, fruit and other options. We got to talk with several staff people to learn more about the house and Bethlehem in general. Super friendly. We plan to go back in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Look at their website, where you can see each room and pick the one you want.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RandyW_in_VA
jeanne g, Owner at The Sayre Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Room 25. We have been told but, of course, have not been able to confirm that this room was Mr. Sayre's bedroom. Likely the floor plan was changed a bit when the mansion was converted to an inn but I like to think it may have been because it faces his little empire of the rail road and iron works. I like the sound of the trains at night - again make me think of what life was like when there were many trains - now not so many so it is a bit nostalgic.
Thanks again for staying with us and please do come by again next time you are in the area. The holidays are a wonderful time at Sayre Mansion.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Sayre Mansion for one night in September. We had been there 9 years ago and while we were in a “regular room” then, this time we splurged and booked the Conservatory. This room is truly impressive! It has a sloped glass ceiling that offers you 180 degree panoramic views of the surroundings: the street, the trees, the churches, the university, the Steel Stacks, etc. The room itself is spacious and nicely decorated, as is the bathroom. The hostess and owner were both friendly, helpful and accommodating. Check in and check out were super efficient. Breakfast was a lot more than the usual coffee, cereal and muffins that some B&B's give you. We had a choice of 5 different hot items, including vegetable omelets and pumpkin pancakes with sausage. Yum!

If you do book the Conservatory, you need to accept that you will hear outside noises from the street, the trains and the lawn mowers. Don’t expect a soundproof room. There are two large water fountains in the room that may be there to mask out some of the outside noise. Honestly, neither noise really bothered us since I did expect them. [Thank you, TripAdvisor!] It just added to the charm of the room. One thing that’s not charming is the price. The room costs twice as much as a “regular room”. Is it worth a premium? Yes! But is it worth $300 versus $140? Many would say No. Judging from their pictures online, all the rooms are very nicely decorated; and you get the same delicious breakfast with any room.

The Mansion is located just minutes away from the Sands Casino, Lehigh University, and the Steel Stacks (i.e., what’s left of the old Bethlehem Steel plant), as well as Interstate 78. We definitely enjoyed our stay here and will certainly remember it for the next 9 years!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Please DO come back to Sayre Mansion again, and hopefully it won't take nine more years! So nice that you enjoyed the conservatory - it is really a unique space and there is a huge demand for that room, hence it's price tag. When I am in that space I love looking at the weathered copper chimney cap - it is such distinctive shape and it takes me back to the Dickens era. Just one of the view scapes up there in the tree tops. Next time you stay you might like to try room 24, it has a lovely large Gothic window and looks out over the steel stacks. We really can't thank you enough - your kind words reinforce what we do.