“Special Anniversary Dinner”

Corked Wine Bar and Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Corked Wine Bar and Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 392 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$9 - US$56
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

Excellent dinner at Corked to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My husband had a cherry sangria and I had a glass of champagne while we perused the menu. We shared the dinner for 2 which consisted of a medium rare rib eye, a very generous portion of salad, pancetta mac and cheese, zucchini & tomatoes, mashed potatoes, crab cakes, and assorted bread. We shared a lemon blueberry cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert and I also had a decaf cappuccino. Our server, Rita, was very attentive and explained everything without being obtrusive.

The steak. My husband really likes his steaks cooked medium but since many places over cook steaks we order it medium rare when we dine out. The steak was a PERFECT medium rare; warm red inside with nice searing on the outside. The meat was tender and flavorful and the fat was nice and buttery.

The sides varied from okay to great. I'm not a mac and cheese lover but the pancetta mac and cheese was incredible. I was too full to eat much of it and had half of the dish packed to take home. Mashed potatoes were quite good as was the zucchini dish. The vegetables were not overcooked and the potatoes were flavorful. The crab cakes were a little disappointing in that I had several large pieces of shell and leg in my portion. It made it hard to enjoy what otherwise was a tasty crabcake.

The lemon blueberry cake was okay. I was expecting a stronger lemon taste. If you like a mild lemon flavor, this would be your choice. The decaf cappuccino was a perfect way to end the meal.

While my husband and I were dressed to celebrate our anniversary, I was a little surprised that there were quite a few diners in shorts, sneakers, and baseball caps. Since they do have other less expensive items on the menu, not everyone may feel like changing before goung out to dinner. We wanted to try some of the other items on the menu and decided to come back for a non-special occasion meal soon. Please see next review.

Reviewed June 23, 2015

We ended up here by accident, but if I had known it would have been my first choice. Traveled with my friend an 16 year old son. The waitress was great, steered us toward bourbon drinks that were great. Waitress knew the menu and wine list too. Had a great salad and shared a great flatbread. The flavors were amazing. My son had a beautiful gourmet burger with truffle fries to die for. My only complaint was it was loud. I wish I lived in Bethlehem, it would be a regular spot for me.

Reviewed June 21, 2015

We stopped by Corked on a whim while walking around downtown Bethlehem. Because we had just had dinner at another establishment, we were strictly there for drinks. I was a little disappointed that they closed their patio just as we arrived around 9pm, but the atmosphere inside was nice. Kind of trendy, but not trying too hard. The menu looked amazing, though rather pricey. We ordered 2 of their signature drinks and were very pleased.

1  Thank LVangel
Reviewed June 14, 2015

Recently my wife and I went to dinner at Corked which we frequent at least once a month for drinks and dinner. Although the food will normally range from good to excellent we had a very disappointing experience last week. My wife ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc and was quite disappointed with the first sip. We were hesitant to say anything, but after a brief discussion I decided to raise the issue with our server and ask for another vintage. This time from New Zealand with a price point several dollars higher. I assumed we would not be charged for the $9.00 glass, but would be charged for the more expensive one. By the way, my wife and I in the 15 or 20 times we have been to Corked have never asked a waitress to replace a glass. When she brought out the new glass I was informed by the waitress that we would be charged for both glasses. I asked for the manager which led to her telling me the policy is that they do not credit glasses of wine unless there is something wrong with the wine. I was quite surprised to hear this and maybe the manager is a sommelier, but from her perspective the wine was never been told about this policy until now, but more importantly I have never been in a restaurant of what I would consider Corked and be treated this way over what amounts to a $3.00 glass of wine to them. Especially since I bought a replacement that was several dollars and was planning to buy dinner which would mean a check of over $100 for them. I am not a 25 year old with a couple friends out drinking trying to take advantage of the bar/restaurant. I have been to hundreds of restaurants int he class of Corked or better and have never experienced something like this. I mentioned it to a few friends a couple nights later and they were shocked that a restaurant would take to this policy. After much pushing and a level of back and forth batter that was probably not appropriate from either the manager or myself, the manager finally decided to credit the glass of wine. If Corked wants to be a restaurant that treats its customers at the level which I believe they aspire, I think the owner should think twice about this policy and certainly give their managers discretion and not force a customer to have a 5 minute argument about the merits of a ridiculous policy like this. In the end I did get my credit, but was it worth the aggravation it caused will probably lead to me not frequenting Corked for awhile!

4  Thank Jackson123456
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I like to thank the owner for explaining their philosophy and attitudes in regard to customer service. After reading your response to the niece's birthday celebration folks, we decided we will never eat there again and we will share this review with our friends.

Good luck...you are going to need it!

8  Thank kate040