Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$302
US$250
US$156
The Innsbruck Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$129
Sierra Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$139
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$199
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
US$322
US$249
Alpenhof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$99
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$261
Agoda.com
Tamarack Lodge and Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$274
1,615 results
All reviewsthe main lodgeski valetfront deskwest wingmammoth mountainrental shopgeneral storeski resortbell staffthe general managerlift ticketsshuttle busski bootsqueen bedbedroom condoski seasonshuttle service
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Excellent service from arrival to departure. Everyone we encountered was helpful and friendly! We could not have made it our with out assistance from the staff who went above and beyond to assist us with putting chains in our tires. The room was very clean and the linens and towels were high quality! Love the location and get a great sense of history of Mammoth while at the Inn. Everyone is doing a great job!! Keep up the great work. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew W, Guest Relations Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I'm truly pleased to hear all the amazing things you have to say about our hotel and staff. I'm pleased to know how much you loved our location and we hope you return soon to enjoy the spring snow conditions.

We express gratitude for your review and look forward to hosting you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Mammoth Mountain Inn is situated in the most amazing location just steps away from several chair lifts and a gondola that will take you to mid mountain and then to the top. The bar area is sits beneath a massive window that was designed to feature the mountain in all its glory and is beautiful beyond words. Having an après ski cocktail while watching the few die hards swoosh to the bottom is worth the stay in and of itself.

All of those wonderful attributes are needed to justify staying at the Mammoth Mountain Inn….because the accommodations are some of the worst I’ve experienced in decades.

If you have expectations of any amenities be warned..they are few. The coffee maker looks like a 10 year old Mr. Coffee and the offerings for brewing seem to be the cheapest on the market. My room was 820, situated with a view of the Main Lodge. Nice for proximity…Not nice if there’s snow and the massive tractors used to clear the parking lots, are working. The constant beeping while in reverse takes a while to get used. But lucly there was the constant sound/humm/ whirr coming from the walls made by who knows what.

Everything about MMI looks tired and worn out. It is 10 years past needing a remodel.

The staff does there best and they all tried to be pleasant with the deer in the head lights look when I would approach with a question. I can’t even imagine what it’s like to have to deal with hundreds of dismayed guests.

Along with the location there are other pluses. Paula in the bar offers up great drinks all the while throwing out obscure/funny one liners. The breakfasts are really great! Hot mable syrup is service with huge pancakes.

The ski concierge guys are quick and responsive. Add this to one of the reasons to stay here.

Oh….the shuttle. Almost forgot to mention that this is a plus but be prepared for the driver to indulge friends with a 15 to 20 minute stop at Vons while they run in for “5 minutes” WTF!!! That aside it was a new vehicle and on time for the most part.

So…you must be wondering if I’d come back. The answer in short is yes. To make it more bearable I’d bring another suitcase with everything I would expect a hotel like this to offer and doesn’t. Set with my first person experience I know now to not only lower my expectations but to leave them at home.

Room Tip: Ask if the room faces the mountain.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank SocalDD
Matthew W, Guest Relations Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your in depth review, and your honesty. I'm pleased to hear how our staff made for a memorable experience. I do understand we need to remodel as many rooms as possible, but we have been renovating as quickly as we can, and will continue to do so as quickly as we can.

We definitely have hundreds of extremely satisfied guests, but we sympathize with the few that are unhappy. We have been renovating rooms as often as possible and will continue to do so when occupancy permits it. We've just been so busy with another amazing winter and have been booked every weekend

As far as our shuttle goes, we do run on a scheduled route, to where we leave at particular times. If our driver arrives early, he is permitted to wait until the designated time to depart. We want to make sure all guests are able to utilize this amenity and not leave anyone stranded. We will be renovating again this summer, and I do hope when you return, you see all the wonderful changes.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

We arrived today to find out that our reservation was for last week. Dena had us take a seat while she did her magic and she was able to accommodate us with a room. She was very helpful and after a long drive made what could have been a very bad day a good day. The bell service was great too. All our bags and equipment were brought to our room while we were told about the Inn's services. Looking forward to our stay!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mary Ellen,

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased Dena was able to assist you in switching your reservation to the correct dates. I'm also pleased how well the bell staff was able to assist you. I will be sure to let them know their hard work is appreciated.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

MMI is still the most convenient way to ski Mammoth. Staff, especially Dena, are friendly and accommodating... have stayed there for over 45 years, and will continue to do so...
It's not fancy, but clean & comfortable!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being so loyal to MMI. We truly appreciate you coming back time and time again. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Dena :).

Reviewed March 18, 2018

My family has been staying at the Mammoth Mountain Inn exclusively for the past 3 ski seasons. My wife and I are avid skiers and we were looking for a CA ski resort to call our own as we introduced our boys to one of our favorite winter sports. Because our boys were only 7 and 8 at the time of our first visit, we were looking for convenience; specifically, easy access to ski rentals and the beginner chair lifts.

We chose the Mammoth Mountain Inn because of its location right by the Main Lodge. The ski rental shop is located right next to the lobby and you can literally walk over to the ski lifts just feet away from the Inn’s entrance.

After our first visit a few years ago we were left with the impression that the Inn itself must have been an amazing, majestic ski lodge at one point in time, but that the years had taken their toll on the physical plant and infrastructure. More importantly, the staff made us feel like they were doing us a favor letting us stay there. Customer service was generally poor and there was no real sense of urgency exhibited from any of the staff. For what we were paying to stay there it was really annoying! To be fair, there were positive exceptions, but our overall impression was that the standards set from a leadership level were not very high.

However, we continued to stay at the Mammoth Mountain Inn several times a year during ski season and ignored the stuff we couldn’t control in exchange for the convenient location and ease of use. Fast forward ahead to this year, 2018.

We have stayed here for 4 nights each, twice already this year; once in February and just now in March. Walking up to the registration desk each time this year there was a palpable change in customer service from what we have experienced in the past. I mean, WHAT AN AMAZING IMPROVEMENT!! I was warmly greeted by everyone from the moment I arrived and made to feel welcome and special. That excellent customer service and special treatment extended well beyond the registration desk to the valet staff, the ski rental staff, housekeeping, the restaurant/bar staff and even the lift operators!! Whatever happened here between last year and this year I would say, “Bravo and keep up the good work!”.

I wish I could remember all the names of the staff members who made our visits this year so awesome but let me at least shout out a thanks to Dena and Kay at the front desk, Kyle in the ski rental shop, Paula at the restaurant/bar and Ryan at the ski valet kiosk. In my opinion, each one of these folks did their job at the highest level with exceptional standards when it came to a sense of urgency, customer service, enthusiasm and attitude.

I don’t mind the fact that the Inn is in desperate need of an extensive remodel; the rooms are at least very clean and that goes a long way in my book. We like staying in the King loft rooms as my wife and I get to sleep in a King bed just like at home while the kids love having their own space in the loft.

My boys, now 10 and 11, learned to ski here and love the proximity to chair 11 (Discovery) where they spend time honing their skill-set on the beginner friendly runs, the unbound jumps and our whole family's favorite, Woolly's Woods!

We will definitely be back again this year, hopefully a couple more times. To the leadership and staff at the Mammoth Mountain Inn we say congratulations on the improvements; you have definitely earned our loyalty and respect! Great job!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Matthew W, Guest Relations Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Dear David,

I cannot express how happy it makes me to hear that you've chosen The Mammoth Mountain Inn as your home away from home time and time again, and how our staff has really turned around. I do apologize if in years past you did not feel more than welcome, because you always are. We all know we can't change the past, but hearing you say how amazing the service is now, brings a true smile to my face. I will be sure to pass along your truly kind words to all you mentioned, and I do hope that during your next trip, you stop by the front desk to chat with myself or my GM to say hi, and let us know it's you that wrote this review. I would like to personally thank you for it other than on here, but I do greatly appreciate your in depth and very positive review.

All of us here at MMI, express gratitude for your review and look forward to hosting you as our guest again in the future.