Austria Hof Lodge
Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$137
Mammoth Mountain Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$129
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$129
Quality Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
US$107
Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$139
Alpenhof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$99
Hotels.com
Sierra Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$152
Agoda.com
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$118
Tamarack Lodge and Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$96
Hotwire.com
All reviewsyogurthot tubthird flooroutdoor jacuzzioff seasondvd playerwalking distanceking roomcoffee potfree breakfastski lockersbit datedski tripfull kitchenslopeslodgefireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

The owner of this establishment needs a lesson in customer service. My pregnant wife and I were trying our best to make it there from the Tioga pass in Yosemite, but were forced to turn back due to a winter storm. This guy told us he didn't care and wouldn't refund our money. I wouldn't consider this place ever again and would like to give this goon a lesson in customer service.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The hotel was only ok. The walls are thin. Your sleep quality is very dependent on your neighbors. Also, it can take a very long time for the water to warm up in the shower and the water pressure is very low.

We didn't try the restaurant, but the bar downstairs has good food.

The Wi-Fi was also a little spotty in our room.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

We stayed at Austria Hof Lodge during a fishing trip to the Bishop - Mammoth area. It was definitely a step up from the hotel we stayed at in Bishop, but with the cost of a room I'm not sure it was as good a value.

To start, be ready for lots of stairs and narrow hallways. Stairs up into the lobby, more stairs if you're on the second or third floor, and stairs into the restaurant below where the continental breakfast is served. The parking lot fills up quickly in the evening, and I saw people parking in the lot of the nearby ski resort. The person at the registration desk was friendly and accommodating initially, and helped us upgrade to a double queen room. However, when we had a problem with the television and accessing the HD TV channels listed in their guide (we could only get 2), the clerk at the desk seemed uninterested, said he didn't know much about TV's, and told us there wasn't anybody who could help us. The problem didn't get fixed. We also had a broken remote. The rooms were clean and roomy, and the beds and linen terrific and comfy. However, the room was noisy. We were given a room in back with a view of a hill and condominiums, and it's possible that outside noise was amplified by them, but we heard cars, trucks, and motorcycles from the adjacent roads. We also heard talking from the adjacent room, and from doors slamming in the hallway. The room itself was a little stuffy, and it turned out not to have air conditioning. Instead, a portable fan was provided or you could open a window. Really, no air conditioner? There was also no microwave, but they did provide a mini fridge. We did get a chance to see the hot tub offered by the lodge. It was located on a smallish and poorly maintained deck off the second floor hallway next to a couple of rooms and over looking the parking lot. The bottom of the hot tub was dirty, and definitely not inviting.

The continental breakfast was adequate, with a variety of self serve food items. The coffee was good. I was surprised to see a tip jar at the entrance to the breakfast area given that the breakfast was self serve and self bussed. That kind of annoys me.

I guess I expected more value for the money paid for a room here. I know Mammoth Lakes is an expensive area, but this was off season, and I expected a significant step up from your basic accommodations. The noise, broken TV programming and remote, and lack of air conditioning, micro wave, and other basic amenities often offered by run of the mill motels/hotels left me disappointed. We would probably try another hotel or lodge before coming back here.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I guess when you book through a travel site you get the rooms they can not rent. this one qualified. It was small. The fireplace was a collection of stone over an electric fireplace. We were given a room in the old part of the hotel right off the road. It was hot, no AC, and we had to keep the windows open and put up with the noise. The desk clerk Larry (Larson I think) was rude. We called for a wake up call and his reply was, curtly, "that is why you have an alarm clock. I guess in ski season they would be sold out because they are right off the lifts...this was not ski season. The carpet was the type that would put up with ski traffic. I hope they make their money then because we would not return here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel unless you ski and it is winter. If then request the new part of the hotel.
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I was surprised to be put up on the 3rd floor since there was no elevator and we are seniors. Our room was very clean but room was pretty small and no shelving in bathroom to put toiletry kit, etc. The bed and pillows were comfortable which was good. It is on the edge of town close to the ski lifts.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple