Juniper Springs Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Summit Condominiums(Mammoth Lakes)
Edelweiss Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
Pine Cliff Resort(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
Silver Bear Condos(Mammoth Lakes)
  • Pool
Austria Hof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
Holiday Haus Motel(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
Chateau Sans Nom(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
All reviewseagle lodgefront deskski liftfull kitchenchair liftthe shuttle driverbedroom condonice balconyunderground parkingheated poolfree shuttleski schoollift ticketsmammoth mountainsofa bedoff seasongreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family stayed at Juniper Springs Resort for a week. Everything went well as expected. The room was large and nice. The resort was a few steps from the ski school and chair lift, and the locker room was very convenient. We had a great time on the slope, and we rest well after we got off the slope. One minor problem was that the hotel wifi was very slow and intermittent, and I hope it will be fixed in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ski vacation, 4 of us in 3BR town home. Check in was a breeze, Aimee was delightful. We picked Juniper Springs for the easy access to the lift (Eagle) and we wanted covered parking (winter) We got both and were so happy we did. Our Town home was above the main hotel, we drove up parked the car, used the elevator to lug our skis, bags etc to the room.
We were 213.. there are lots of steps.. 18 up to the living area and 14 more up to the master suite. The entry way was perfect for taking off snowy boots, there's heat here and plugs for boot warmers.

Condo's are privately owned, Our condo is a bit tired.. the carpet could be replaced, the beds all adequate. the kitchen, dining and living room all combo. Bare bones in the kitchen, just salt and pepper and a few coffee filters, there was coffee in the hotel packs the housekeepers left and refill. It's very clean thanks to the JS housekeepers!
We went to Vons about a mile away straight down the street from the lobby we stocked up for the week.

Our unit had 2 BR's/1BA w/tub on the main level, 1 MBR suite w/shower on the 2nd floor. We were ski in ski out and down to Eagle lift. It was nice to come home for lunch we ate dinner in all but 1 night (too tired to go out) we had Guiseppe's pizza delivered. We really enjoyed our stay until the Tuesday, 1 took a shower and said wow the water's not very hot. RUT ROW. our entire unit yes several town homes lost the hot water. We called and were told some one would come up. We waited up, thinking they'd come to the door or something. nope.. So The only glitch was failure on management to not call us back, or perhaps just don't say you will call back? Then we wouldn't wait up. The next morning the day manager walked into a hornet's nest for sure. I delayed going skiing to speak w/her to see the options. She was very nice and promised to move us to a 3BR condo would be a downgrade from the Townhome but w/hot H20 if they couldn't get it fixed. Thankfully we came home soaking wet from skiing in mega snow storm and thankfully had hot water. WHEW. Our internet was also not so good, if more than 2 of us logged on we'd get bounced out it would crash This is the owners responsibility but Aimee helped immensely and we did all get on line (some of us had working vacation) due to her ingenuity!

The Snow! We had blue bird days and packed powder. Wed. it started snowing heavy wet snow, was fun to play in. Wednesday night into Thursday there was 70"! Thurs they opened for a couple of hours but had to close due to high winds and too much snow, some of the lifts were buried! Friday was another bluebird day, windy but fantastic skiing. We checked out of our room, left the car in garage. There are showers at the main building should you want to freshen up before hitting the road.

I will definitely stay here again as will my friends. We were with a ski group, some stayed in town, some stayed by the people mover gondola. We really liked the convenience of our unit and several were not happy with their location. We were Front Row! We never drove the car at all! There are free shuttle buses (walk to front lobby) and after 4pm a private van picked us up and took us to where we wanted to go and then fetched us when we wanted to come home!! Great service!! If I make it back to Mammoth I won't hesitate to stay at Juniper Springs. Thanks for a great week!

Room Tip: Townhomes in the 100-199 will be less stairs. We had 213 and could walk about 25 steps to the trail
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bleeckermel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I left behind a blouse in my room after I checked out. Housekeeping confirmed it was found and the receptionist said they would mail it back to my apartment - happy to pay for the shipping charges. It's been 2 weeks and nothing has been received, with no tracking information or update provided. Every time I call the office, they say they will check with their mail room and call me back - guess what, NO CALL BACK. Today I call again to check on the status since I have not heard back from there, Emily the manager is out today so I was apparently on the phone with the other manager in charge. Too bad for me I caught him on his way out to lunch so he rudely and abruptly put me in Emily's voicemail - guess what it was not Emily's voicemail.

Is there no sense of urgency to resolve issues here?

I don't understand.

What about the shipping I was charged? And not to mention my lost shirt now that you guys FOUND and lost again.

Room Tip: House keeping is random. We snowboarded all day 9-4 and came back to an uncleaned room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank eliu731
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Disappointing. Only one of the three hot tubs worked. The front desk staff could not care less. Fireplace did not work. Dishwasher missing parts. The "free" local shuttle is a joke. Carpet in the halls is many years past its replacement. Location is great, but it would be nice to live up to the expectations.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Our studio (room 208) was very clean and updated. The bed was so comfy and having updated kitchen with appliances and utensils made it easy for us to cook everyday. Good views of the mountain and pool. Parking is underground and easy to get in and out. Lots of buses come and go often to take you where you would like to go. Everyone is very nice and helpful. Free Lockers onsite to store your equipment. I was a little scared after reading some of the reviews but I would have to say my experience was much better. Loved it and can’t wait to come back!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family