Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Angela O
Lompoc, California

Don't stay in unit 86!!!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 4, 2017
My husband and I stayed in unit 86 at Sierra Park Villas over Memorial weekend. This was a last minute reservation and rentals were scarce. We chose to stay there because of the availability and the good ratings this property received. Walking into unit 86 was like walking back into time, this unit hasn’t been updated in decades. I tried hard to find some charm in the 80’s motif, but let’s face it, the 80’s décor wasn’t charming. I was puzzled by the great ratings of Sierra Park Villas and what I was seeing in this condo so I reread the ratings and realized that each unit is owned by different people – so, some units are amazing, others, not so amazing.

I did appreciate that the unit was clean, clean goes along way – unless the beds/bedding is terrible. The master bed had in place of a real mattress, layers of egg crate foam and a mattress topper of sorts, covered by a too small fitted sheet. The sheets were clean but the blanket had holes in it and was stiff and uncomfortable. The bedspread was snagged and shabby. Sleeping in this lumpy bed was unpleasant. This unit needs some major updating, starting with the heavy paneling, stick on tiles, warn kitchen and bathroom cupboards. Some maintenance, like painting the repaired holes in the walls, a new heating element for the water heater….the repair and update list goes on and on. I could say that we got what we paid for but that isn’t the case, we spent a total of $535.80 for two nights stay. At this price I expected to sleep in a comfortable bed with decent bedding, I would expect to sleep in a condo with “pride of ownership”.
I loved the outdoor experience but I’m very unhappy with our lodging experience. I would think that the property management would have some sort of criteria for these rental units. I would think both the property management and the owners would be ashamed to charge what they did for this unit in this condition.
Date of stay: May 2017
Room Tip: See the unit before you pay for it!!!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Exclusive member rates
  • Vio.com
1.1 km from Sierra Park Villas
View more hotels in Mammoth Lakes
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2017

We have stayed at Sierra Park Villas many times over the last 15+ years. The condos are all individually owned and so the furnishings and fittings can vary. We always ask for number 27 as it is obviously someone's pride and joy and it is very well equipped. There is a large open-plan kitchen/lounge/dining area and two good sized bedrooms with king-size beds. On the top floor is a room with two single beds. During ski season there are two large hot tubs in the central area and a sauna. There is also a good laundry room on site which is handy for long distance travellers such as ourselves.

There are a good few restaurants nearby and the large Vons supermarket is within walking distance.

We love staying at Sierra Park and I recommend it highly.

Room tip: We love number 27 but I am sure other villas may be just as nice!
Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Clean and warm which are the most important things. Plenty of room for four of us. Well stocked wood stove was a bonus as well. Fully furnished and lacked nothing The rate was also priced well. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

This place was great. We had the three bedroom villa with full kitchen. There were nine of us, we had plenty of space. It had all the amenities you could ask for.

It was walking distance to restaurants, shops & bars. Most importantly walking distance to gondola.

Great place for all types of vacationing. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Team1mpoo
Reviewed October 24, 2016

We stayed in room 18 for 3 nights with our adult son, and it was just perfect. The apartment is lovely and very convenient to all of the sights in the Mammoth Lakes and Bishop areas. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

We had a comfortable stay. The condo was well-furnished and stocked with everything we needed. The location is close to the grocery store, plenty of restaurants, and outdoor activities. The bed was very comfortable. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The website isn't clear about the fact that beds are upstairs. Had my elderly father joined, it would have been a major issue for him.
Overall, a great stay! I would stay here again for sure!

Date of stay: July 2016