All reviews yogurt hot tub fireplace heater added a nice touch continental breakfast village gondola comfortable beds reasonable rates the shuttle bus stop wooded area tea and coffee king bed large room yosemite park would definitely stay here again main street casita
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

This is not a fancy hotel. But, the rooms are big and clean, it is relatively inexpensive, the staff is pleasant, and it is easy to walk to the village for dinner and drinks. The shuttle bus stop is right across the street. Breakfast is not fancy, but there is coffee and cereal and toast.

Why stay at the Mammoth Mountain Inn or out at Snowcreek where there is no place to go at night. If you are doing it correctly, you ski, eat, and sleep. You don't need fancy. You just need Holiday Haus.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Pros: Great location, large room, comfortable bed.

Cons: Furniture is dated.

This place works nicely for a ski weekend. A motel with good sized rooms at reasonable rates right next to the ski village. The room I was in was decorated with photos of a local ski legend from the 50’s, which set a nice mood. The room was large with a comfortable bed. Furniture was dated, but comfortable. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Just spent three nights at Holiday Haus. This is not a fancy hotel, but more than makes up for that in location and value. Our room had a separate bedroom with a king bed and tv, kitchen with stove/fridge/micro. Coach folded out into another bed. Room backed up to a wooded area where the kids wandered around in the snow. You can walk to the village (5 min if you walk fast), and there is a bus stop about 1 block away. Free breakfast in the morning with coffee, bagels etc.

Everything was clean and exactly what I would expect for this price point. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: #306 was nice, backed up to woods
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2018

I really wish I had read the reviews on this page before I booked this place! like many others, my experience wasn't great with this property. Here are a few reason why...

our room was dated, very dated. Decorated in the awful style of the old sports bars that were sort of popular in the early 90's with the old sports equipment screwed to the walls. Most of garbage on the walls had no significance to the resort at all. No idea who decided this was a good theme to go for but they probably died 50 years ago of old age.

I understand that you can't decorate a room to please everyone and this could be overlooked as a "quirk", the cleanliness of this place however could not be. Dust on literally every surface. Dead flies throughout the rooms. Room service was awful, sometimes we got clean towels, replacement toiletries, coffee and beds made, sometimes we didn't... Again, bit annoying but not a game changer. One of the worst parts of the experience was waking up at 3am the first night of our week long stay to realize the heating in the bedrooms didn't work. This is utterly unacceptable in a ski resort. When I complained to reception I told the lady the room number and she replied with an "ohh" as if she was remembering from previous complaints. I am sure the hotel knew about the defective heaters and sold us the room anyway. We was given 2 electric fan heaters to heat the bedrooms over night, I asked if they are noisy as I didn't want to be kept awake and was told they were quite, this was a lie.

The location was okay, not too far from the village but there are no sidewalks til you reach the 1st intersection. The hot tub was a great place to go if you wanted a disease. I can only describe it as a steaming dirty bucket of pale grey water. I honestly worry that it is a public health risk.

Breakfast was very basic. Nothing too bad here, but nothing great either.

In conclusion, I would recommend avoiding this overpriced shed. Find another hotel and enjoy your stay at this otherwise beautiful mountain resort.

Room Tip: drive past.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sweetpandamonium
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Upon checking we told the guy on the desk we were staying for a week, his response was “That’s a long time, people don’t usually stay that long” and it didn’t take us long to figure out why.

We stayed in one of cabins (302) which is better described as a shack at best. The place needs revamping and cleaning urgently, the carpets are dirty, there is dust on every surface and dead flies in the bathroom light.

After staying the first night we found out that the terrible excuse for heating does not work at all, and we all woke up freezing. The hotels fix for this was to simply give us electric heaters for our bedrooms which we had to leave on constantly in order to keep the place warm.

The shower is tiny which makes showering difficult even for a small person like myself. The WiFi is basically non existent and when we did manage to connect to it even simple websites took forever to load.

I wouldn’t even bother to look at their poor excuse for a hot tub, it’s more like a warm bowl of water that has various body hairs and god knows what else floating about in it.

The room cleaning was also hit and miss, one day the beds would be made and clean towels would be left, and the next day no one had been at all.

The breakfast isn’t worth going to, it’s incredibly basic and tasteless.

The only decent thing about the place was the bed in the main bedroom as that was quite comfortable, but as for everything else, avoid at all costs! Definitely not worth the amount of money they charge to stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends