Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michael D

The best experience I’ve ever had with hotel staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks agovia mobile
Possibly the best treatment I’ve ever received from the staff at a hotel, and I’ve had plenty of great experiences at hotels. There’s something very endearing about someone remembering my name and multiple staff members greeted me by name whenever I saw them over the course of my stay. A special shoutout to the manager Tim who offered to change our room due to construction obstructing our view, gave my daughter fresh strawberries out of nowhere and provided me with personalized care whenever we saw each other. Also it’s rare to see a manager doing all the jobs and Tim definitely fit that description. It’s obvious to me that he possesses an extremely high aptitude for leadership. Another special shout to Johanna who greeted my family and me upon arrival. Johanna always remembered my name and provided excellent care with anything we needed. If I’m being g honest the actual rooms weren’t perfect, probably a 3.5/5 but the level of care I received from the staff has made me a loyal customer and when I come back to Mammoth I will 100% be booking with the Westin.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 4 weeks ago
On behalf of the entire hotel team, I want to thank you for sharing about your time with us.

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! Your feedback has been shared with our entire team as a way of celebrating the great guest experiences we delivered. I have especially shared this with Tim, Johanna, and our executive staff for such a glowing review. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

C$220
    C$332
0.9 km from The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth
View more hotels in Mammoth Lakes
1,770 results
All reviews white bark whitebark restaurant ski valet self parking one bedroom suite ski boots canyon lodge bell staff village gondola sofa bed heated pool underground parking long drive ski trip ski season ski area raul
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2024

Due to our lateish arrival, we had no issues checking in for our one night stay and were allocated a room on the 4th floor.

The room was very nice although I don't think I would have liked to have stayed there for more than the 1 night as by the time the sofa bed was pulled out, there wasn't too much room left to move around in.

The beds were comfy to sleep in and the bathroom was of a very decent size. Although there was a kitchen in the room too, other than making coffee the next day we didn't use it, choosing instead to eat out.

Thanks to my Marriott status, I got breakfast as my welcome gift. This was nice but you could only choose from a small list [for free] anything off the main menu would have to be paid for.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Duncan Spore, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Ne_quine,

We understand your time is valuable and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

From your review it seems though you had a comfortable stay, there were a few things that we could have improved on to meet your and our own high expectations. I have shared this review with our front desk management team to ensure that these items are improved upon.

We hope you will join us again soon in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2024

Great service; very welcoming. Thank you Johanna and Tim.
Staff her is excellent. Nice place to stay as it is central to the town square.
This property is dog friendly which makes the stay a little more special.
Rooms are consistently clean.
I

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Duncan Spore, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2024

Deedeeforjoy,

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! Your feedback has been shared with our entire team as a way of celebrating the great guest experiences we delivered. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed June 11, 2024 via mobile

I am always impressed at the level of service and the cleanliness of this property. As with previous visits, all the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Also had an enjoyable meal at their Whitebark restaurant. There are good reasons I’m loyal to this Westin when in Mammoth Lakes.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Duncan Spore, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2024

Trentb,

Reviewed June 9, 2024

We had a rough day and we came to the Westin and Tim and Julian made our night so much better. I travel for work so I know when hospitality and customer service is good. I would 10/10 recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Mammoth! My couple and I will be coming back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Timothy Ruiz, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2024

723oliviaz,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our team and property. It is our mission to provide exceptional customer service and experiences to all guest, and it truly makes us happy to know we hit the mark with you. I shared your feedback with our team in order to celebrate the service we provided and hope to replicate it for your future stay! We look forward to having you visit us again, take care!

Reviewed June 8, 2024

Filthy! I believe this hotel is owned by individuals who post glowing reviews so that people rent their rooms. The place is filthy! Not well managed. Charged a resort fee for dirty, inoperable hot tubs. I really can't say anything good about it. Very dirty! We never had any housekeeping even though we requested. Dogs peeing all over. Surfaces not clean when we checked in!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn D

Dear Carolynd599,

First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologize for the experiences you encountered. Ensuring all of our guests have a consistent great guest experience is our priority and we seemed to fall short for your stay and for that I am truly sorry. If your travels ever bring you back to Mammoth, please feel free to call or email me directly so I can ensure that if you decide to give us another chance, you will have an amazing stay. Thank you and safe travels.