All reviews rooms are small central location mammoth bears hikers dogs lakes village
Reviewed March 21, 2018

As long as you go in knowing you are staying at a motel 6, then you will be fine. Clean room, bed was comfy, and across the street from great food. For a weekend warrior trip to Mammoth, the affordability of Motel 6 can't be beat. Rarely will you find a better deal in town. And you are minutes away from the chairs. If you are trying to ski on a budget, look no further.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Pros:
-Cheap
-Seems safe?
-working tv

Cons:
-Floors are incredibly dirty. 2 minutes out of a shower and the soles of my feet were black. I doubt they ever clean them (bathroom or carpet)
-shower tile is black with mold
- bathroom has a fan you can’t turn off and it’s as loud as a train. Heater is also insanely loud.
-Bed is ancient and thin, very uncomfortable.
-guy in the office is a bit of a jerk, whole office reeks of cigarettes.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Newtman, Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our award winning Phoenix room redesign featuring wood-effect laminate floors. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Motel 6 foundations are rooted in economical practicalities to consistently deliver on our goal to provide the lowest price of any national chain, and we are disappointed you experienced dissatisfaction with the lack of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I stayed here for a snow weekend in Mammoth since it was the only thing I could find. The staff is extremely friendly and is the only thing good about this place. They do a good job at plowing the parking lot and even shovel around your car so you can get out.

The rooms are not the cleanest. There were hairs in the bathtub and when I pulled down the blanket on the bed there were hairs and a stain on the sheets. I went to the front desk and got clean sheets immediately. The corners of the room had dirt that had collected in them and it looks like it hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. Thank goodness I brought my clorox wipes to completely wipe down the room! When I wiped down the bathtub the wipe came out black so you know they don't clean the tubs often.

It's a budget hotel so the only provide you with soap. Bring all of your own toiletries, clorox wipes or some disinfectant to clean the room and your shower slippers!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the street
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Bella, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

I haven't stayed at the Mammoth Lakes Motel 6 in over ten years. At some point during my absence the rooms have been renovated which seems to be a wider trend in the motel industry.

The new style seems to be corporate dictated and locally executed. The rooms are very generic and simple. If you were to fall asleep at the Mammoth Motel 6 and somehow, magically wake up in let's say Flagstaff, you probably woudln't even know you changed the motels.

Except for an unreasonably large bathroom, my room was small and devoid of trappings and amenities you'd come to expect from a motel room. There weren't any sheer curtains, just a heavy blackout curtain. No alarm clock. No paper tissues. There was no shampoo in the bathroom either.

The bed was all right, although the covers were wafer thin. The heater worked well and I wasn't cold during the night.

The room was ok for the price. There are less expensive lodging options at Mammoth but you may save some money upfront and pay a heavy price later (look up my other reviews).

Room Tip: No free WiFi
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2018

What you'd expect from a budget hotel. I found some of the review I read about how gross this place is to be very exaggerated - I don't think it's any worse than any of the other hotels I've stayed in at Mammoth. It was clean and fine.

There were however other issues: The room was heated by a small but noisy space heater, which seemed like a fire hazard too. Noise insulation is non-existent: I could hear every sound for the adjoining rooms, including phones ringing on vibrate mode. Room was small, too small. There was no shampoo in the bathroom but water pressure was good.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family