All reviews underground parking trail mix decent breakfast covered parking lots of pillows there is no air conditioning within easy walking distance bagels large room shuttle stop night stay upon check june lake would definitely stay here again front desk staff comfy bed road trip
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is OK for a night or two. It doesn't look much from the outside, but the rooms are OK and clean. The staff are friendly, the breakfast isn't too bad, pancakes, waffle iron, cereals yoghurt etc'
There's free parking under the hotel. There was a strange odour in the corridor, and don't bother using the washing machine and dryer.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 44magnumopus
Reviewed May 12, 2018

I chose this hotel because I have had a lot of good experiences staying at Quality Inns and price. Hotels in quaint little villages like Mammoth Springs can be a bit pricey. My 2 night stay here was very good and I have no complaints. Keep in mind that is an older hotel and there is one major concern for those traveling in the summer is that there are no A/C units in any of the rooms. Most of the time in Mammoth Lake, the temperatures rarely get high enough to warrant A/C but they do get hot spells on occasion. Something to consider. There is ample underground parking and the front desk people and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again but maybe not in the summer.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Lawrence B
Sonya B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Hello Lawrence,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us. We appreciate the time you spent leaving a review. We are currently working with a local contractor to install A/C units in 30 of our rooms this year and the other 30 next year. It is a pretty big project to take on and complete all in one season, but it is progress. Please come back and visit us and request a room with A/C until all rooms are equipped with the new system.

Thank you again for your time!

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast was good and front desk staff were very polite and attentive. Location is great and only walking distance to multiple restaurants and a small convenience store which is very convenient.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Oh-oh-oh-0h
Sonya B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your time. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

After a massive storm in Mammoth at the end of this season my girlfriend and I decided last minute to come up and enjoy the fresh pow.

Unfortunately for us, half of Southern California had the same idea and every single hotel in Mammoth was sold out with the exception of the Quality Inn.

Determined to enjoy the snow, I booked a $480 (!!!) room for Friday night at the Quality Inn.

We arrived at 6pm and I checked in with Rodrigo while my gf waited in the car. Rodrigo was very polite and nice but who also had a very difficult time getting through the process. He did not appear to be in all of his senses.

After completing the check-in process, we parked downstairs and took the stairs to the first floor.

A strong smell of chemicals immediately hit us after leaving the outdoors and entering the hallways.

Nonetheless, we continued to make our way to our room on the 2nd floor, thinking it must have been cleaning supplies in the housekeeping room.

Unfortunately for us, the smell of chemicals was significantly stronger in our room than in the hallways. This was not just your regular house cleaning supply smell, this was beyond anything I have experienced before at a hotel room.

For the sake of the snow tomorrow, I was ready to bear through it, open the windows, leave the door propped, whatever we needed to do, but unfortunately my gf was not.

I remained in the room for a few minutes while my gf went down to speak with the front desk regarding the smell.

I was not present for the initial conversation, but by the time I arrive downstairs Sonya had taken a very defensive position, assuring us there was absolutely no smell in the room and ensured us we were making it all up.

This conversation went back and forth for some time and it became more and more unpleasant before she offered to change us to a different room.

By this time, my gf was upset and had spoken with her friend who offered to let us sleep on her couches for the night.

We explained to Sonya our decision and she agreed to refund us the rate of the room if she was able to rebook the room for the night. We left and made our way to some semi comfy couches.

I had a feeling Sonya may not follow through on her promise, so I checked several hotel sites that night to see if they were able to sell the room. Around 10pm, the hotel showed no rooms available.

However, after a couple of days I checked back in with Sonya to see if she was able to process the refund agreed upon. She then informed me that she was only able to refund half the money as she was unable to book the room. When confronted with the fact that no booking sites and the Quality Inn site itself showed no rooms available that night, she informed me that they had not reposted the room on their site and instead "held the room."

I'm not entirely sure what the truth us, but like the hotel itself, something about it stinks.

Needless to say, I will not be booking a stay with any Quality Inn in the future.

Room Tip: last resort in mammoth!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jose C
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a reasonably priced place to stay while we went skiing. This place was perfect. The customer service was excellent. The lady helping with breakfast was very friendly. The breakfast was as good or better than most with a decent selection. It was great to have breakfast available early in the am (we stayed weekday). The front desk was helpful. We had the misfortune of having the hot tub not heated during our 2 nights there. The lady at the front desk feb 20 made a big effort to help and accommodate and was great. The little things like having cookies, tea and coffee available were really nice. The rooms were spacious compared to some. Our top choice, we will be back. Thank you!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kapple123
Sonya B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us. We appreciate the feed back and hope to see you again soon. We apologize for the inconveniences with the spa. It is up and running and we have several team members on a rotating schedule to check, double check and triple check, to ensure all is in operating order. Despite the spa not working, we hope you enjoyed your time in Mammoth.