Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bill M
Ketchum, Idaho

Avoid at all costs

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 23, 2022
Front desk clerk was surly. Elevator was broken. Hallway was filthy, with water stains and carpet peeling up. Mildew in room. Smells bad throughout hotel. Best thing about the breakfast is that Starbucks is right next door.

There's nothing wrong with this hotel that a bulldozer couldn't fix.
Date of stay: June 2022
  • Priceline
    C$226
1.1 km from Shilo Inns Mammoth Lakes
View more hotels in Mammoth Lakes
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2022

***UNSAFE*** do not stay here. I normally do not write these reviews, but I feel compelled in this case. I checked in on June 3 2022, and went up to my room. I had called for dinner to be delivered, he came knocked, and left food. I ate then was relaxing. I began to hear someone messing with my door handle. I proceeded to go to the peep hole and looked out. There were three men, one of which had a screwdriver and were trying to get into my room. I yelled hey wrong room buddy! And they proceeded to run out of there. I immediately called the front desk to send security. They told me the following: “well he can’t get in without a key, so I wouldn’t worry about it. If he comes again call us.” ???? Are you kidding me? I grabbed my things and checked out after a little over one hour after checking in. I told the desk clerk I was checking out as I did not feel safe. I called to try an secure a refund and the property refused. Absolutely terrible. Do not book here.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Dramaguy11
Reviewed September 7, 2021 via mobile

More like a motel than hotel. Smell of chlorine everywhere. Broken hairdryer and shower curtains and floor were dirty with stains all over. Sink tap won’t open. Breakfast was mediocre. Sauna was broken.

Only good thing was covered parking.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Journey60002057311
Reviewed August 20, 2020 via mobile

It seems that hotels are taking advantage of these restrictions and in turn, everything is filthy. This place is so disgusting. They don’t clean any rooms and that is understandable. But, there is trash all outside the rooms. As you walk into the lobby, the trash can was so full that people started leaving the trash right next to the trash can. This was in the evening. We left in the morning and the trash was still there all piled up. I wish I would have taken a picture to show. Now, to make matters worse, they had the nerve to charge my credit card when I already paid. 5 days after my return and I am still waiting for them to credit the account. Don’t bother calling the operator after 9pm. They don’t answer! Motel 6 would have been a lot better than this so called hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Roxana G
Jordan Mauck, General Manager at Shilo Inns Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2020

We are terribly sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience. We are aware that there was a billing glitch with one of our 3rd party partners & are glad that we were able to have resolved in such a timely manner. We ask that in the future you book with us directly to avoid any such mishap. We appreciate you staying with us during this trying time & hope to have you again with us. All the best.

Reviewed August 13, 2020 via mobile

Great price compared to other hotels in the area. The rooms have plenty of space but the hotel itself is dated and could use a remodel. They still use regular keys to get into the rooms! The location is central and close to everything. The only complaint that I have is the water system is loud. When the room next to ours would use their bathroom faucet, the water flow through the pipes could be heard and it was loud enough to wake me up twice. We were mostly out of the room exploring hikes and the beautiful lakes around Mammoth so overall, a decent place to stay if you're looking for somewhere just to sleep and close to everything in town.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank dabautista
Jordan Mauck, General Manager at Shilo Inns Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2020

We thank you for your review. My name is Jordan Mauck & I am the new General Manager for Shilo Inn - Mammoth Lakes. Please note that we are working very efficiently to make several improvements for the future. We appreciate your honest feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Best,

Jordan Mauck

Reviewed August 7, 2020 via mobile

It pains me to write this review because I have enjoyed my stay at this location two previous times as well as at other Shiloh properties buut its definitely time for a renovation. The room was large and clean but very threadbare. The most disappointing thing was check in. The super helpful front desk woman was
gone and in her place was a surly young man who didnt even bother to mention that continental breakfast was still available. I hope this Shiloh gets glow up it deserves.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Galina D

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to be under renovations as soon as the current covid-19 case settles. We value your time and hope to see you again.

Best,