3,028 results
All reviews mary mastrobuoni the club lounge concierge desk art museum franklin institute logan square housekeeping staff fitness center city hall starbucks
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We were just there for the NEQ volleyball tournament. We flew in from CO and to our surprise this was the worst hotel experience our team has ever had.
1. Computers were down and waited 3 hours in lobby upon arrival.
2. Once obtained, key card malfunctioned and got locked out
3. No wifi service in rooms unless you paid additional $15.00/day
4. No refrigerators in room. For travelling teams like ours, its ridiculous that we can’t get our own snack and food supplies that must be kept cold.
5. No microwave
6. Teams that arrived on Friday night stood in line for 1.5 hr to check in.
7. We were told on Sunday night that the dryers were out of service and they had run out of toilet paper!
I have stayed in hotels all over the country and indeed in most foreign countries….never have I had such a bad experience as this past weekend.

In time I will forget the disaster of this 4 night stay but I will never forget the helfulness of the concierge lady, Mary M. She is a gem!!! On Easter Sunday our team wanted to go up the observation deck but after several calls and no one answering we almost gave up. I asked Mary to help and boy did she!! She walked over there herself and got us a discounted group rate!!!!! Give that woman a raise!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
MarshaRay, General Manager at Philadelphia 201 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Teresa M:

Thank you for sharing your experience; as a team we certainly enjoy hosting NEQ and the wonderfully focused teams that join us each year. It saddens us that this year we experienced a technical issue that kept our team from quickly and effectively delivering the amazing service we typically aim for. Thank you for commending Mary and keeping her Internet famous.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I hate to write a bad review but this was a total disappointment. We only spent one night because we were attending a game at the Wells Fargo center. So we brought a pet with us and upon check in the front desk said all pet rooms are on the 7th floor. Fine... we get to our room and the chair was dirty with stains, the lamp shade had a pretty big rip in it. The drawer didn’t close properly and the only thing on the bathroom besides the towels was a little bottle of lotion. The ceiling above the shower looked like it was going to fall on us, the thermostat seemed to not work. It said it was 12 degrees Fahrenheit which we all know isn’t possible. I went to “fix” the problem but all it did was turn on heat and we couldn’t turn it off. Finally we got it off because we didn’t want to leave it on in fear my dog would overheat. Now I get pet friendly rooms have all types of pets in them but that is no reason for that room to be so grungy. I paid just like everyone else. Now the parking... smh that was a disaster. We did self parking because we did uber to the stadium. The garage had nobody to tell you were to park and they were doing construction so it was dark and very unsafe looking. Then trying to pay upon check out I put the card the garage gave me in the machine only for the valet guy to tell me I shouldn’t have. I told him at the front desk they said to do that and I could pay with cash or card. He told me I couldn’t pay with card and I needed cash. There was no fridge or microwave on the room which I thought at least a fridge. I guess we should have asked but we didn’t need one I just though it was so weird. The beds were really small. I guess they were full sized but two adults who really aren’t that big and we were uncomfortable. We had a double bed room. I woke up in pain. I will say the location was great. We had dinner in there cafe near the bar. We had basic food but it was pretty good and the apps were half price due to happy hour. Lots of stores in the area. Wawa was right there and T.G.I. Friday’s. I would stay again if they can spruce up their pet friendly rooms. I just thought we would get the same amenities in the room as everyone else. Unless that’s just standard and nobody gets much. And if parking didn’t make me feel like I was in danger and was a little more clear on directives. And believe me, I’m from New York and not much phases me. It just was so dark and dangerous because of the construction.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Vanessa T:

Thank you for your feedback; we genuinely appreciate hearing when our hotel presents wonderfully but also need to hear when we miss delivering to our expectations. As a team we will discuss, learn and improve how we present to our guests.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Mary made my stay at Sheraton Downtown a 5 star experience. After a frustrating commute to the hotel, I was met with a “full lot” parking sign and no help from the valet staff. Being from out of town and late to my meeting, I didn’t know what to do. Joe and Mary came to my rescue. Correcting the valet problem, taking my bags and helping me get to my meeting, no more worries.
Mary continued to check on me through out my stay, even sending a complementary dessert and a personal note with her cell phone number. In case I needed help getting around the city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We booked our 3 night stay weeks before arriving stating we would be arriving late (our flight landed at 11pm) we arrived at the hotel with our 5 month old only to find out they sold our room to someone else! So they sent us to their sister hotel down the road. So we had to go there then return the next day. ( our reservation was already paid)

We had our 5 month old with us and had to ask 3 times for a crib which I had called ahead for.

The rooms themselves were nice, location was convenient and the day the pool was open it was warm & clean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Amanda G:

It is disappointing that we did not better ensure your comfort; we will work to ensure we are better positioned and deliver effectively in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

my title says it all
ok location. ok hotel. ok staff. the deal breaker for me is that there's paid wifi in the hotel rooms
wifi is free in the lobby but not in the hotel rooms. as a millennial this was a big deal breaker for me

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
MarshaRay, General Manager at Philadelphia 201 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

sheymoure:

Thank you for the feedback, we certainly aim for more and will regroup to be better positioned to earn a better reputation.