“Delicious Greek”
Review of Kanella South

Kanella South
Ranked #311 of 5,097 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

I had not been to Kanella since they moved to Front Street until this past week. Shame on me. Food was exceptional as before and I do like the ambiance a lot. Service was very good too. We shared all our food. For appetizer we had the octopus and another dish that was on a flat bread and with ground lamb (I think) and beets. Both were great. We had the special chicken dish and the pork Osso bucco. Again very delicious. And the dessert, the galatopoureko, was Devine! Great Greek food served here for sure.

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

I am still dreaming about the delicious dinner we had here last weekend. We shared a number of appetizers and salads and had a fish entree dish that was stunning to look at and even more yummy to eat. Everything was impeccably prepared, we enjoyed learning g about Cyprian wines, talking with the owner and watching the chefs work their magic with the wood fired oven. Great night out!

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

Two couples celebrating the birthday of one of us. The size and ambience of Kanella is amazing which is large, airy, open and filled with Greek and Cypriot music. Wait staff extremely friendly, not pushy at all, but ready to help and answer any and all questions. A nice wine menu with several Greek and Cypriot wines. Everyone in our party had a different wine- one sparking, one rose and two different white wines- Everyone was pleased with their selection. Similarly, we each had a different appetizer and shared them with each other. Two people in our party had the Spanakopita, one of us had the meat balls and one had the mushroom ravioli. Everyone was so pleased with their entrees and we even tried three desserts-- They were amazing!! Everyone was a winner!
Kanella was a wonderful choice for our party! We'll be back! I heartily recommend Kanella to anyone looking for an excellent Greek/Cypriot meal served by happy staff who are proud of their restaurant.

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

We had an early dinner with a baby, his parents and me, the grandpa. The food and service was excellent. I had the lamb chops which were delicious (they were out of goat chops). Saganaki cheese and and the house humus was shared by all but the baby. Dessert was to go and also awesome. Will be back again next trip to Philly.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

This place is right off I-95, so whether you're staying in Philly or just passing through, it's worth a stop, especially if you like Greek or Mediterranean food. Friends brought us here for a Sunday Brunch. We were especially impressed with Kanella's homemade dips and
pâtés. They were intricately flavored, spicy, yet not overpowering. You will not be disappointed by anything you order here!