1,038 results
All reviews breakfast delivered queen loft hardwood floors breakfast basket yogurt locust street each morning street noise within walking distance small hotel reception area large bathroom center city charming hotel kimmel center academy of music flat screen tv
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Loved our room and the super friendly staff. Good food really close. Parking close and fairly priced. Bring earplugs because they party down the block on Saturday night and you may want to drown them out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Francis P, Guest Relations Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Virginia T,

Thank you so much for leaving your Tripadvisor review. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We are very glad to know you were pleased with the hotel overall. We look forward to hosting your stay once again and continuing to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions or concerns in booking your next stay!

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at the Independent Hotel for five nights over Thanksgiving. I was greeted by Joyce when I checked in, and soon met John who is not only the general manager, but also works at the front desk. He brought s breakfast tray to my room each morning. They were both amazing and tried to make my stay better than it was. There are a few little things that need improvement and they were grateful for my feedback. They promised to make all these things better. I look forward to my next day at the Independent Hotel.

Stayed: December 2017

Fred S.

Thank you so much for leaving your review on Tripadvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate all of the feedback you have given us. We are continuously working to improve and uphold our high standards and cant wait to have you stay again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to book your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Perfect location for visiting Philly. Our room was unbelievably quiet for being in the heart of things. Close to historic Philly and walking distance to Rittenhouse area, City Hall, the Academy of Music, KImmel Center, National Museum of Jewish History - everything. Little Nonna's, next store, is a gem of a restaurant. I know Philly, grew up there, have stayed in some of the larger, fancier hotels closer to Rittenhouse Square and shopping on Chestnut. This is far better.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Siouxfilly

We want to thank you so much for leaving your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact the hotel directly when looking to book your next visit and a member of staff would be happy to assist you in making a reservation.

Again, thank you for choosing the Independent Hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

This remodeled old building is both modern and rustic. Cleverly laid out rooms are unique, not like a series of boxes as some places might be. Floors are hardwood, walls take advantage of the original bricks to be incorporated into the decor. Facilities are modern. Staff is friendly and helpful. We have stayed there multiple times over the years. It's very quiet. It is walking distance to the old city, Kimmel Center, Jefferson Hospital system buildings, Walnut St. theater and if you don't mind a mile walk, to the Philadelphia Museum of Art (and the various museums along the way).

They offer free breakfast - yogurt, bagel, danish, muffin, juice. Not very creative but OK.

They offer free access to the 12th St. gym. I have not taken advantage of this due to time but will have to do it next visit. They have wine from 6-7 and snacks. Sometimes there are interesting people to converse with.

My criticisms: it needs a fastidious observer to go around and get some things fixed. Dirt is starting to accumulate in corners of the windows. Blinds do not work properly. Can't read the numbers/names on the heat/AC switches so I had no idea if I was raising or lowering the temperature. Ice has to be brought to the room by the staff - no self serve - I find this inconvenient. There is a coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge. No minibar - that's just fine with me as they tend to be way overpriced. On our bed, the fitted sheet did not fit - kept coming off the mattress.

Someone needs to attend to these details to make it a really nice place to stay in Philadelphia.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several rooms; all are equally good.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Shawna E, Front Office Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

John M,

Thank you for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor and we appreciate you taking time to leave us your feedback. We are terribly sorry that this visit did not meet the standards you have come to expect from our hotel. We are going to be reviewing your comments and observations with our management team, as what you described is not up to our high standards of service. If there is anything further you would like to share about your stay, please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak to a manager.

We do appreciate your business, continued loyalty and we thank you for choosing the Independent Hotel.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Overall, it was a wonderful experience staying at the Independent Hotel. It meet all of my expectations and I will definitely return on my next trip to Philadelphia. I enjoyed the breakfast trays each morning

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shawna E, Front Office Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Patricia G,

We want to thank you so much for leaving your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you business and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact the hotel directly when looking to book your next visit and a member of staff would be happy to assist you in making a reservation.