“In the city to enjoy the city”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Loved the welcome feeling. Loved the location close to the Big Bus and Reading Terminal! The restaurant was good too! Clean, newly redecorated room. The bathroom was great - loved the porthole door and huge glass shower doors.

Room Tip: ASk for room with a view! We had a wall to see, but came back after dark and left in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Dear Ellienjoe2,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel so highly! I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We would love to have you back and we do hope to see you again soon. Thank you so much for your business and have a blessed day ahead.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center

Reviewed 5 October 2016

On the plus side, it is within walking distance to lots of touristy areas.

The negatives - the area the hotel is in was very sketchy. Unfortunately there are many homeless people in close proximity and we didnt feel safe walking at night. We were lead to believe when we booked online there was a parking facility attached to the hotel. It was in fact a public car park across the road which cost approx $30 for the night and when I asked if the car park is safe the receptionist replies, " we can see the cars from here". How that could possibly help is beyond me!

The room was tiny! So small we could barely fit our luggage in and there was no fridge or microwave - we weren't told this on booking or at the reception. The shower dripped all night and kept us awake and the air con was like a jet taking off!
Noisy Traffic down the street woke us up at 5am and people could be heard walking and talking in the corridor half the night.
The hotel cost a fortune and we were very disappointed that it was did not live up to the usual Sheraton standards!
Save your money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear michAustralia,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such thorough and revealing feedback. I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are working hard to address these issues and improve upon the guest experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I was in town to see the Mets win the NL wild card. Obviously I drank at the game and was unable to drive the 4 hours home. We had to find a place to stay. My only complaint was the wifi password must rest every night at midnight, so when I woke up the next morning, it kept telling me the Wifi password I was using wasn't valid. Considering I book through "hotwire" and only new the approximate location and the price to the night, I was happy. The room was nice and clean. I really had no problems with the noise from the hotel or the street. Its a close walk to the Reading Terminal Market and the "Love Statue". The hotel didn't have a large TV channel selection. They do not have the BIG TEN network, so we caught the end of the PSU game at "The Field House" anther close walk! Overall, good stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Elizabeth R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel so highly! We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our internet password . We appreciate your rating and are very glad that this annoyance didn't detract too much from your overall experience with us. We are working to take care of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Takes forever to get any service in this hotel. In the lobby for check in and couldn't find my room, couldn't find someone to get me one. Left and went elsewhere. There are better hotels in the city to pick from. I suggest that you do. Service is less than desirable.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! I am sorry to hear that you did not have a completely comfortable stay at our hotel we are now informed the management about your concerns regarding with your request which didn't grant your comfort and convenience are our top priorities.I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

The construction of this hotel allows noise to transfer easily. I can hear the person next door through the vent in the bathroom. When they shut their door it shakes the wall. My door sounds like your entering a haunted house. The ice machine is right outside and you can hear every cube drop. Room is very small.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear KeyWestGuyinMD,

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I stayed as a guest at the Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia - Center City from August 28th - September 2nd, 2016. This would NOT have been my first choice for a hotel in Philadelphia, except for the fact that my company had a meeting scheduled there. The guest rooms are clean with average ammenities. The staff does their job, but nothing extraordinary. My worst experience happened with their 10th floor meeting room. From the below average catering to room tempratures that could never be modulated. Either the room was too hot or too cold. One day we even had to conduct our meeting in the empty hotel restaurant because of the frigid temps in the conference room. I even got into a verbal altercation with one of the hotel maintenance technicians who called me a derogatory name due to his frustration with my asking him to adjust/fix the temprature. If you plan to do a meeting at this hotel, I recommend that you look at some of the other hotels in the Center City area of Philadelphia. Until they do a major overall to their meeting/convention services department, I suggest that you stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear jefflwelch,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights following the labour day week end. The room was very nice. The beds are very comfortable which is important when you walk all day visiting. There is mini fridge, coffee maker and a safe. The staff is nice. We only had breakfast once at the restaurant but it was very good (but a little expensive... )
You can walk to almost anywhere from the hotel, its right by Chinatown and is an easy walk to Penn center. We bought the Philadelphia pass which included a hop on hop off bus tour. There is a stop right in front of the reading terminal market, that is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a public parking lot right by the hotel. Its quite expensive, 29$ a day or 34$ if you want to get your car out during your day.
The only down side is that on your way south, you have to walk under the convention center, its a kind of tunel and there were a lot of homeless people.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear vducarme,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient and hope you were able to explore the area! It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have
acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. I am especially sorry that you did not feel safe ,I assure you that we take your comfort and safety seriously, and We look forward to serving you again!