“Adequate accommodation”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I have to admit to being a little disappointed in my stay at Four Points. It wasn't a cheap stay by any means, and yet the room was not what you might expect for such a lofty price tag. In particular, my room and my neighbors' rooms suffered badly from acoustic problem. With floorboards underfoot, as soon as anyone moved in either of the rooms next to mine, I could hear it loudly through the creaky palings. Conversations, phone calls and televisions in neighboring rooms were also clearly audible -- I could make out words in conversations through the walls. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished, the service was fine, and I enjoyed my cheap buffet breakfast in the restaurant. The location is great and the bed was very comfortable! That said, I think you could find better value for money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't directly in front of the elevator bank.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear David R,

We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant,
comfortable and convenient experience in a reasonable cost. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered, We already informed the management about this already as we see this a serious matter. We promise to be more careful soon as we believe that our customer's convenience are at the peak of our interest. We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention with constructive criticism and we hope
you'll return someday to enjoy a five star experience.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent a weekend at this hotel while we went to the Flower Show and did some historical sightseeing. Contrary to what I have read we found the room to be very adequate and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff exceptionally friendly. The only negative I would mention is the $12.95 buffet breakfast is pretty sparse and we would not do it again but order from the menu. The hotel is close to everything so I would certainly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear William J,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us! It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to be of service to you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

This is a minimal-superior but great hotel for a visit.

Location: next to Convention Center, next to cheap parking. great.
Location: next to great cuisine? No. It is however near Chinatown which has interesting restaurants, but you should seek elsewhere. The restaurant affiliated with the hotel appears minimal, but its bar is good for an evening drink.
The reception service is excellent. Our room was superb, one could not ask for more. I could not give higher marks to the room taken on its own.
Minor things: the carpet etc that one meets in the public areas off the elevators, is shabby and stained and clearly needs replacement.

Would I return? Definitely.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear AfricaAsiaTraveller,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our carpet. We appreciate your rating and are very glad that this annoyance didn't detract too much from your overall experience with us. We are working to take care of the issue that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days. Unfortunately , forgot stuff in the hotel. Have been trying to work through front desk since 2 days. Very rude front desk - without even understanding my concern, they kept transferring calls to housekeeping without releasing that nobody was picking up. Later, they took my number and assured, I will get a call back. Over 8 hours nobody has called back. I tried reaching out to front desk, he hanged up on me after saying call tomorrow. I have never seen such poor customer service.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Cpavivek,

Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. I am sorry for any rudeness that you encountered with this situation and I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our entire staff and management team to ensure that no similar incident occurs in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Good location. Easy to walk everywhere. Pleasant staff, particularly in restaurant . But room not cleaned after first night even though we asked 3 times and badly clogged sink not tended too even though we asked 4 times. Wouldn't return.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brooklyn-Travel-Mom
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear Brooklyn-Travel-Mom,

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and the ways that we can improve we want you to know that the matters you mentioned are being addressed to our management. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Not clean, mold in the shower, room not cleaned after first night, no parking (parking lot across the street, but not much parking available), very lumpy bed. What else can I say? It was in a good location.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

Dear Sharyn Y,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I would not stay at this hotel again! Bed sheets were dirty and signs of bad room cleaning could be seen all around the room. Bed was pretty uncomfortable. It was small and curving in the middle. Also our room was not properly maintained during our stay, coffee and towels were not refilled. The ventilation in the room was very loud so it made it hard to sleep. Location was good because it was close to everything by foot. There was a lot of homeless in the area but they weren't a problem at all. Finally front desk employees were nice.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Noajoyh,