“Right By The Convention Center”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #64 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 April 2017

The Four Seasons by Sheraton is just across the street from the convention center. The prices aren't too bad, but the interior decor is dated and could use some improvements. They could also do with a new, not-so-tattered Four Points flag out front. The one truly bright spot is that the bathroom in the room was quite nice, but otherwise the furniture and carpeting looks worn. The hotel is a short walk from the SEPTA rail from the airport and is not a bad walk to most of the sights in downtown. I was here for a business meeting and a number of folks were nervous about walking about in the neighborhood at night... the homeless people seem to camp out under that arches of the convention center. The staff was all very helpful and the group meals catered to the meeting rooms on the top floor were good. The bar does have a number of good local brews, if that is of any interest.

Room Tip: My room was on the 7th floor on the east side and I had no complaints about outside noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

DDRings,
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your business trip and stay with us. We are happy our location worked well for your plans to explore downtown. Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed the catered meals to your group during your business meetings. We hope to be of service to you again when you are back this way for business or pleasure. Thank you again and best wishes.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I had stayed here in 2011 and thought it was quite nice. I don't drive at all and took a bus into town. I got to the hotel via Septa trains and walking. Not to bad at all. I don't need anything spectacular at all. The room was similar to what I had years ago. We checked in and instantly fell asleep. The wifi would disconnect constantly though. I did not stay in the hotel much as I was walking around Philadelphia with my kids. The first night we came back we ate at the hotel. The waitress was so sweet and great I wish I took her name. She made it happen with what the girls had wanted. I was pleased. I went to turn around midnight and I hear noise. I looked out my window and there was work being done across the street. Using concrete gas saws and breakers after midnight. While it did not go on all night I found it ridiculous. The whole time we were gone the next day no work was done to that site. But they started back up at 9pm that night. I was disappointed with that. But the last day we went to have breakfast and they were really understaffed. The waiter Lawrence was manning 6 tables with families with no help. He did great considering what he was doing. I applauded him. He was considerate and kept his composure and everyone that was having breakfast was satisfied.
But overall I liked my room. I liked the soap dispensers etc.
Please be mindful that all hotels have there wear and tears. Not everyone is as courteous as other guests. There would not be nicks and other obvious marks if people cared more about their surroundings instead of destroying it. When I go to a hotel to a city I want to see the sites I spend the least amount of time in it, just to shower sleep and change.
Just a tip of advice, hotel should provide ear plugs if the city does work in the vicinity. I stayed at a Hotel in San Diego and ear plugs were left on the bed as it gets busy at night because there was a club on the corner.. Or inform the guests construction is going on.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Tee B,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. We can't thank you enough for sharing the ways that we were able to impress you and the ways that we can continue to improve . On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying, I hardly spend time writing reviews. Generally speaking, our hotel stays are fine. There might be a thing or two that wasn't great, but it doesn't warrant me coming on Trip Advisor and spending my time writing a review.

Unless of course, something really sucks. The location is okay- it took us about a 15-20 min walk to get to the Franklin Institute. Parking is fine- right in front of the hotel. You go in knowing it costs almost $30 a day. Okay, fine. Even the 2 ladies behind the counter were pleasant. The room is decent- satisfactorily clean and really, we aren't using this hotel to hang out in all day, just sleep. Okay, so what completely sucks is that no one told us when we were checking in about the construction work that was going to go on ALL night. It is 1:18 am and I can't sleep because it is so freaking loud. Out of courtesy, could they not have told us?! At least given us the option of having a room on the other side of the hallway, a little tiny bit further away from the constant jack hammering? I mean, it's kind of ridiculous. And this is clearly not the first day/night this has been going on. I will not be staying here again. I know this is a city, and s*** goes on, but have some form of decency please and inform your patrons and try to be even the slightest bit considerate.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurie L
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Laurie L,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I am so sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced due to the ongoing construction process going on in our hotel. We value your feedback and as we transition through the renovation process, comments like yours will help us to grow and improve.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I got a great deal on this hotel for Mon Apr 10-Wed Apr 12. Having read mixed reviews I will say I was not expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised. No it wasn't perfect, carpet dated and some scratches in the furniture, flaking around shower light, but minor things. This was reasonably priced and it was 15 minutes walking to historical sites as well as City Center in the other direction. Reading Terminal is less than 5 minutes away as well as numerous other restaurants. Yes you go under convention center and yes there are homeless - but we had no issue after dark. Parking was right across the street - I could see it from my room. Super simple. Paid 35$ a night - in and out. I paid with a card when I got there, at the lot, at a "kiosh". Check in took a few minutes because booking.com has a separate list not on their computer (it was a literal typed list with booking.com written on top) and I showed her my email on my phone to give her price after she asked and headed up stairs. The beds/pillows were comfortable and clean. My room was clean as was the bathroom. Shampoo, conditioner and body wash on walls in stand up shower. Good water pressure. Curtains did good blocking light and not too much noise. I was with my 13 year old son to do some sight seeing and would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: 4th floor was perfect. Faced side street.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear keykeysambo,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. We can't thank you enough for sharing the ways that we were able to impress you and the ways that we can continue to improve to our amenities. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The area around the hotel is not impressive and neither is the room. It is dark, dreary and frightening. On top of this, the front desk took their time checking us in. The wash basin tap has no selection for hot/cold water and so had to brush our teeth in cold water. Moreover, there was no waste bin in the bathroom. We appreciate the free wifi but the connection was intermittent.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Dear Anu c,

Thank you for this review of our hotel. I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced, We already informed the management about this already as we see this a serious matter. We promise to be more careful soon as we believe that our customer's convenience are at the peak of our interest. In addition, we promise that these instances will never happen again. I hope you will still consider us for your stay again.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I tried this hotel to be close to coworkers staying close. I'm a loyal platinum guest, earning lifetime platinum this year. The room was tired. The carpet was dirty and the drapes falling off their tracks.

I am moving to the closest Sheraton (where I usually stay) first thing in the AM. The front desk staff was disinterested (when asked what the platinum points bonus was, they guessed "250 or 500, something like that"

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SHel59
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear SHel59,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. I do apologize for the problem our staff has caused you. We look forward for a general orientation soon so we can better our services to our customers. We also promise to resolve the problem you are addressing. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I have to admit to being a little disappointed in my stay at Four Points. It wasn't a cheap stay by any means, and yet the room was not what you might expect for such a lofty price tag. In particular, my room and my neighbors' rooms suffered badly from acoustic problem. With floorboards underfoot, as soon as anyone moved in either of the rooms next to mine, I could hear it loudly through the creaky palings. Conversations, phone calls and televisions in neighboring rooms were also clearly audible -- I could make out words in conversations through the walls. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished, the service was fine, and I enjoyed my cheap buffet breakfast in the restaurant. The location is great and the bed was very comfortable! That said, I think you could find better value for money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't directly in front of the elevator bank.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear David R,

We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant,
comfortable and convenient experience in a reasonable cost. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered, We already informed the management about this already as we see this a serious matter. We promise to be more careful soon as we believe that our customer's convenience are at the peak of our interest. We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention with constructive criticism and we hope
you'll return someday to enjoy a five star experience.