“Not recommended”

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Day 1 - sink was clogged. Returned to room to find clogged had been removed and left floating in an unflushed toilet bowl.
Phone in room dead - no dial tone. never fixed.
Very slow internet. Pretty sure the sheets weren't fresh.
Uncomfortable bed.
Day 3 - asked for change for a $10 to leave tips. Front desk person holding a stack of $1s in her hand (at least 50) would only give me 5 ones and a five. Said she needed manager approval for more than that and he wasn't in yet.
Returned to room (out from 8-4:30) and no housekeeping had come. Complained to front desk and was assured it would be done. left for dinner. Came back, still no housekeeping (7pm) Then couldn't get back in room as key had stopped working, Same thing for guests in 2 other room at same end of hall. took 2 additional trips to front desk to get a working key.
Day 4 checked out early. I had had enough
I rarely stay at Sheratons and now I remember why.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Debbie,
Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us and we are confronting each of the issues that you mentioned to ensure that no guest has this experience in the future. I am very sorry for the impression we left you with, and we hope you will return to experience our continuing improvements.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center

Reviewed 27 May 2017

I wish I could rate them negative.

I am having super quality and billing issues with the hotel - Four Point by Sharaton Philadelphia City Center. My booking confirmation number is 2095280. My base charge per day during booking was $318.96. I checked into the hotel on 9th May night and I was told that hotel was oversold and I was sent to Days Inn which was across the street, the hotel was pathetic and I was disappointed that in spite of my reservation I had to stay in Days Inn, I was OK as I had no choice at the midnight. I was charged $368.39 on my credit card on 10th May which I thought was incidental hotel charges, more to come on this further.

I was given a room on 10th Wednesday evening and I stayed for next 3 days and checked out on 13th Saturday morning. While checking out, I asked for the invoice and the front desk person gave it to me. I did not check this immediately as I was rushing for a train.

During my train journey - I checked the invoice and to my surprise I was charged $802 base charge per day, total per day charge $926.31 and my total invoice for 3 nights spent in 4 points was $2,778.93 and my credit card was also swiped for this amount with a huge balance appearing on my statement. I called the hotel immediately but I was informed to call back on Monday because the manager was not available on Saturday.

I gave them a call on Monday 15th May and after a lot of discussions they agreed that they would issue me a credit for overcharged amount. I waited for the credit to appear on my statement and then I saw a credit of -$1,305.30. I waited couple more days for the incidental charges to go away but it did not.

On 18th May Thursday, I called the hotel and spoke to one of the supervisor - Kabisha. She was handling my case and she told me that hotel has charged me correct amount and the $368.39 charged on 10th May was actually for the stay in Days Inn and then they have issued me a credit for the over charged amount. I was shocked that I had to pay $368.39 for Days Inn which was a under 2 star hotel but she insisted that its owned by same owner so I had to pay. I had no choice but to agree. Then I was confused why I was given only a credit of $1,305.30 if I have already paid for 1st day. My expenses for the next 3 days should have been only $368.39 * 3 = $1,105.17 but I was actually charged $2,779.93 minus credit $1,305.30 = $1,473.63.

I explained this to Kabisha and then finally she agreed that she will credit me the $368.39 which was over charged again. I waited for the next credit to appear and to my shock again I saw a plus $368.39 and minus $368.39 on 19th May on my credit card statement. This means I am still owed $368.39 from the hotel which they have not paid me and being out of country now I have tried to reach the hotel but Kabisha is not available and I have left message to front desk which is of no help.

To summarize, below are the charges on my credit card

10 May Charge 368.39
13 May Charge 2778.93
16 May Credit 1305.30
19 May Charge 368.39
19 May Credit 368.39

My charge for 4 days stay in hotel should be $1473.63 but I am charged $1842.02. I am still fighting from 3 weeks to get this fixed. I have emailed the customer sevice so many times and the front desk about 50 times but they are not understanding nor helping.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Chethan,
I deeply regret to learn that you found this experience to be so terrible due to issues that should have been immediately addressed. I want to assure you that your comments are being taken seriously, passed onto our staff and addressed through continuous improvements to our accommodations and policies. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Very Poor Customer Service. I was given a room with a dirty Bathroom (towels out of place, dirty toilet). When I asked for a change I was told it was not possible, and that they had cleaned my room. So I went back to find the bathroom in the same bad state. Guys at the check-in were dismissive and thought they could get away with it. I am an SPG preferred guest and got such a poor service, so think twice before booking this place.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. Thank you for your honest feedback which will promote practical policy changes and an improved experience for future guests. I hope you'll change your mind about seeking other accommodations in the area and that you'll give us the opportunity to impress you with our continuous improvements.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I booked a stay at the Four Points Sheraton Philadelphia City Center for October 18, 2016. The booking agent accidentally booked for October 17, 2016. When we arrived, the hotel was sold out for the evening and so we had to obtain other accommodations at the Days Inn about a block away. The accommodations at the Days Inn were more expensive and not as good as the Sheraton, however, my husband and I were satisfied because of the excellent customer service of the Front Desk staff at the Sheraton Philadelphia City Center. Everyone was very apologetic and they jumped through hoops to find us suitable accommodations. One of the gentlemen even helped me carry our bags to the Days Inn a block away.

They did inform us that we were charged a No Show fee for the previous evening because of the incorrect reservation date. They suggested we simply dispute the charge on our credit card and we would be reimbursed for the charge because it was obviously not our error. I complied and disputed the charge. Unfortunately, after almost a month of investigating, the dispute was not successful. I contacted my bank and they told me to contact Sheraton customer service directly and simply have them reimburse the charge of $206.75. I did so, and the customer service agent was very apologetic regarding the whole issue and ensured me the charge would be reimbursed within one week. One week went by, and no reimbursement. I contacted customer service again and came to the same result. Only this time on Thursday December 8th, a Guest Experience Specialist, Cailyn Arnot, emailed me and stated she spoke with Teneka, the Assistant General Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia City Center and that Teneka would ensure the Accounting Department would reimburse the charge within 10 to 14 business days. The 10 to 14 business days came and went, and still no reimbursement.

I responded back to Ms. Arnot on Friday, January 13th, 2017 and let her know we still had not been reimbursed. This same day, I contacted Sherton customer service and informed them of the same. On my phone call, the agent was very apologetic and promised me the charge would be reimbursed within a week. Promised me. At the same time, on Tuesday January 17th, Ms. Arnot responded back to my email and let me know she was tracking the information, was "saddened" to hear we had not been reimbursed, and would follow on to ensure we were reimbursed.

Today is Monday, May 22 and we still have not been reimbursed. Roughly 7 months after the No Show fee, and after numerous assurances we would be reimbursed, we still have not been reimbursed the $206.75. It pains me to have experienced this from Sheraton, I understand accounting errors will happen, however, after contacting your offices numerous times and after receiving multiple assurances that the charge would be reimbursed, we are still waiting. Every agent I have spoken to from your chain has been phenomenally polite and helpful, however, excellent customer service only goes so far if the agents cannot produce results and keep their promises.

I want Sheraton to reimburse our no-show fee, and I want you to know you have lost my patronage. Further, I encourage others to book elsewhere as this hotel is clearly mismanaged and lacks follow-through.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Jessica E
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Jessica,
In the hotel business, there are occasional misunderstandings and complaints to be addressed, and we are well prepared to remain professional and to be as accommodating as possible. I can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate your time in bringing these matters to our attention.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

The Four Seasons by Sheraton is just across the street from the convention center. The prices aren't too bad, but the interior decor is dated and could use some improvements. They could also do with a new, not-so-tattered Four Points flag out front. The one truly bright spot is that the bathroom in the room was quite nice, but otherwise the furniture and carpeting looks worn. The hotel is a short walk from the SEPTA rail from the airport and is not a bad walk to most of the sights in downtown. I was here for a business meeting and a number of folks were nervous about walking about in the neighborhood at night... the homeless people seem to camp out under that arches of the convention center. The staff was all very helpful and the group meals catered to the meeting rooms on the top floor were good. The bar does have a number of good local brews, if that is of any interest.

Room Tip: My room was on the 7th floor on the east side and I had no complaints about outside noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

DDRings,
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your business trip and stay with us. We are happy our location worked well for your plans to explore downtown. Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed the catered meals to your group during your business meetings. We hope to be of service to you again when you are back this way for business or pleasure. Thank you again and best wishes.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I had stayed here in 2011 and thought it was quite nice. I don't drive at all and took a bus into town. I got to the hotel via Septa trains and walking. Not to bad at all. I don't need anything spectacular at all. The room was similar to what I had years ago. We checked in and instantly fell asleep. The wifi would disconnect constantly though. I did not stay in the hotel much as I was walking around Philadelphia with my kids. The first night we came back we ate at the hotel. The waitress was so sweet and great I wish I took her name. She made it happen with what the girls had wanted. I was pleased. I went to turn around midnight and I hear noise. I looked out my window and there was work being done across the street. Using concrete gas saws and breakers after midnight. While it did not go on all night I found it ridiculous. The whole time we were gone the next day no work was done to that site. But they started back up at 9pm that night. I was disappointed with that. But the last day we went to have breakfast and they were really understaffed. The waiter Lawrence was manning 6 tables with families with no help. He did great considering what he was doing. I applauded him. He was considerate and kept his composure and everyone that was having breakfast was satisfied.
But overall I liked my room. I liked the soap dispensers etc.
Please be mindful that all hotels have there wear and tears. Not everyone is as courteous as other guests. There would not be nicks and other obvious marks if people cared more about their surroundings instead of destroying it. When I go to a hotel to a city I want to see the sites I spend the least amount of time in it, just to shower sleep and change.
Just a tip of advice, hotel should provide ear plugs if the city does work in the vicinity. I stayed at a Hotel in San Diego and ear plugs were left on the bed as it gets busy at night because there was a club on the corner.. Or inform the guests construction is going on.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Tee B,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. We can't thank you enough for sharing the ways that we were able to impress you and the ways that we can continue to improve . On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying, I hardly spend time writing reviews. Generally speaking, our hotel stays are fine. There might be a thing or two that wasn't great, but it doesn't warrant me coming on Trip Advisor and spending my time writing a review.

Unless of course, something really sucks. The location is okay- it took us about a 15-20 min walk to get to the Franklin Institute. Parking is fine- right in front of the hotel. You go in knowing it costs almost $30 a day. Okay, fine. Even the 2 ladies behind the counter were pleasant. The room is decent- satisfactorily clean and really, we aren't using this hotel to hang out in all day, just sleep. Okay, so what completely sucks is that no one told us when we were checking in about the construction work that was going to go on ALL night. It is 1:18 am and I can't sleep because it is so freaking loud. Out of courtesy, could they not have told us?! At least given us the option of having a room on the other side of the hallway, a little tiny bit further away from the constant jack hammering? I mean, it's kind of ridiculous. And this is clearly not the first day/night this has been going on. I will not be staying here again. I know this is a city, and s*** goes on, but have some form of decency please and inform your patrons and try to be even the slightest bit considerate.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurie L
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Laurie L,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I am so sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced due to the ongoing construction process going on in our hotel. We value your feedback and as we transition through the renovation process, comments like yours will help us to grow and improve.