“AMAZING.....”

Veda Modern Indian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Veda Modern Indian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #513 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Authentic Indian Cuisine, Craft Cocktails & Contemporary Atmosphere. Veda is a lively, experiential dining destination offering an inventive-twist on traditional Indian cuisine in a vibrant, trend-setting atmosphere. Veda emphasizes the use of handpicked spices and fresh ingredients to create exceptional flavors.
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Having eaten in a few Indian restaurants, I don't usually out seek out Indian food, but that just changed. Friends took us to Veda and it was AMAZING. Let's start with the Veda Mule. Great twist on a classic. Next stop was crispy spinach chaat and the tangy cauliflower appetizers. I literally could have eaten a big bowl of just this and left a happy man. Seriously, you have to order these.

Our group ordered and shared about 5-6 different dishes and they were all delicious. My favorites were the tandoori chicken with garlic and ginger and the lamb chops. My wife couldn't stop talking about the wild mushroom korma and the tamarind fish kari.

Great place to go with friends to try some amazing food and unique drinks. Can't wait to go back. These guys are bring the yummy!

Inder S, Manager at Veda Modern Indian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We are glad that you had a good experience at Veda and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our food and cocktails at Veda but I am not sure the experience is worth the price. The location was convenient (just off Rittenhouse Sq) and I am sure that real estate doesn't come cheap. The menu was tasty but relatively small. If it's Indian you are after I am sure there are cheaper options that are just as good if it better.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

Indian food is one of my favorites and the food quality here was very good. Went with a few co-workers so we ordered a few different selections and shared. ALL the food, from the chicken to the lamb, was delicious. The bar was jam packed as it was happy hour I think. Service was a little over the top we almost felt like the waiters were hovering. Food was prompt and hot. Price was a little more than expected. As expected the wine selection was small but i found a nice Grenache to go with the meal.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

As being Indian, I was amazed by theme of the restaurant, Veda - (4 books of God for humanity). And they have a bar counter just at entrance, how ironic. Anyways, the theme was catchy and ambience was fine.

We ordered lasooni Gobi (garlic cauliflower dish) as starter, and biryani as main course. Both were very well prepared. Authentic Indian taste.

Veg biryani was bit spicy, I think it will be too spicy for local people as they are not habituated with that much spice.

Biryani came with Raita (yogurt mixed with cucumber onion), it was not enough for one biryani so we ordered one more, I will get this absolutely free in any part of India as much as I want, but here they charged me $3. This is just not fair, its just takes 2 mins to prepare and cost not more then 50 cents.

Biryani was $17, its just rice and vegetables, should not be more then $10 cause making cost will be less then $3.

Same with Gobi lassoni $9 is bit much but it was very tasty.

But I will look fwd to visiting again.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

A fun and vibrant location. We loved the specialty drinks at the bar. Everything was delicious and we can't wait to go back!