“A great find!”
Review of Alexander Inn

Alexander Inn
Ranked #7 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and assisted with restaurant suggestions and travel arrangements. The room was well appointed, clean and had a great view. Thank you John for your hospitality. Hope to be back soon.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric12302
Tony L, Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Thank you Eric for taking the time to write a review of us. So glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Tony Lombardo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I come to Philly quite often and stay with a friend near Penn. This time I needed a place as she was unavailable. I stumbled upon the Alexander on Hotels.com and liked the price and the location and the amenities. I appreciated the included continental breakfast, and especially the warmth and humor of the staff. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I will return (if my friend is unavailable!) :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank bosch1500
Tony L, Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thank you for writing a review of us. So glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again. Tony Lombardo

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Our group stayed here the weekend of the Women's March on Washington. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff was pleasant and helpful (including the cleaning people, one of whom tracked me down in the hotel to return a book I left on the bed). Nice sitting area near the lobby. I was there 3 days and happened to stay in 2 different rooms (was expecting an extra person on the last day.) The first room was a queen room, rather small even though there was just one of me in there. Clean and all that but somewhat unimpressive. The room that I was in on the last day was at the end of the hall, 2 double (or maybe queen) beds. Absolutely spacious, lovely windows, well worth the slight additional cost, highly recommended. Each of the floors would have similar rooms at the end, so perhaps 7 of them in all. Nice breakfast place on the opposite corner (Toast) and a wine bar on the other corner. You've got both ends of the day covered!

Room Tip: Snag one of the large, end rooms
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Offandrunning
Tony L, Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon. Tony Lombardo

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We've stayed at Philadelphia's Alexander Inn many times. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast is one of the best we've enjoyed in our travels. The rooms are reasonably priced. If you have a car, the hotel's deal with a nearby parking garage is hard to beat.

The hotel is centrally located for your Philadelphia visit. There are many restaurants and sites within easy walking distance. Plus you're close to public transportation.

So if you're looking for a place to stay in Philadelphia, give the Alexander Inn a try. We heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors are the most quiet
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikechomko
Tony L, Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you for writing a review and your repeat business, allot of our guests are repeat visitors. We have regular guests that on occasion will leave a personal item to hold for them to use on their next visit. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Tony Lombardo

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Alexander Inn for one night. We booked a room with a queen bed, but upon checking in we were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a room with a king bed. The room was small, but beautifully appointed and clean. The bathroom was small, but not a problem. We enjoyed a continental breakfast with a very nice selection of pastries, bagels, scones, cereals, fruits and juices. It is conveniently located in center city and there are many wonderful restaurants and shops within walking distance. The staff was very friendly. We will definitely stay at the Alexander Inn during our next trip to Philadelphia.

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank Denise M
Tony L, Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thank you for writing, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely look forward to seeing you again soon. Tony Lombardo

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I loved this hotel. Situated centrally in the heart of the Gayborhood (aka Wash West), I was charmed instantly and felt it had historic, old-world character with a welcoming fireplace and cozy lobby area (where a respectable continental breakfast was served). I thought the fact that they had drinks and a few snacks available day-round a very civilized touch. The neighborhood is great, with lots of things to do within easy walking distance and full of early 13 colonies charm, you could almost picture Ben Franklin walking some of the streets. My only reason for not giving higher marks was that the elevator got stuck at one point and the gym equipment could be updated.

If the prices stay reasonable, I'll for sure be back though! I loved the energy of the place!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank mtlbaltdan
Tony L, Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

First let me thank you for writing. Secondly I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Looking forward to your next visit. Tony Lombardo

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I liked the position, few steps far from the city center. Both the room and the restroom were big and clean and the bed was comfortable Moreover there was free fruits coffee and tea always available for the guests and a gym we didn't use. However, the breakfast was poor and the room wasn't enough warm so we had to ask for an extra heater. In the end I'd suggest this hotel in Philadelphia since it's really close to the center in a nice area but I'd also suggest the staff to improve the breakfast, in this way the hotel wold be way higher rated .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sereseresere123
Tony L, Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Thank you for taking time to write of us and we look forward to your next visit. Tony Lombardo