“The best Philadelphia can offer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia

The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Fairfield, California
“The best Philadelphia can offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Recently my friends and I stayed at this Hotel. We found the service to be outstanding - many of the employees worked to know our names and remember our children. We were given outstanding accommodations and enjoyed Club Level Lounge immensely. Had a slightly scary security issue but the Hotel handled the situation perfectly. We would certainly stay here again. Perfect location to all food Philly and great shopping abounds. A short cab ride to the Zoo or Museums - beware - cabbies hate to use the A/C ask about it before you commit to a steamy 15 minute ride in traffic. =)

Room Tip: No pool or spa. We had rooms by the elevator so we could hear them frequently at night... had a smal...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Since I live in Philadelphia, I didn't stay at the Hotel, but everyone who was there raved about the accommodations.
I was at the Ritz for a meeting of the Young Americas Foundation. The hors d'oeuvres and the dinner were superior. The help was astoundingly attentive to every need, friendly and perfect.
The building is gorgeous and the lobby very happening. The time I was at the Ritz there were several formal affairs going on. I watched the staff escorting each guest who came in to the proper spot. This is a well run operation. Even the valet service to get your car was run efficiently. I needed help to go across the street and one of the doorman happily obliged.
My visit was short but I was very impressed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times and did have the pleasure in staying in the Presidential Suite once.

Pros: Great lobby, nice quiet rooms, great amenities, great location

Cons: the club floor is totally sub-par for RC. One of the worst I've been to. Havng to pay for the Wifi is just dumb. It's become pretty standard for all hotels to offer free Wifi now.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The beginning was not as expected - I walk up with my small one-night bag and went in while several staff stood on the steps talking together - no attempt to open the door. Strange for the Ritz...

But, then it all switched:
- Lobby was beautiful - classic but modernized just enough
- Check-in was very professional and helpful
- I am Marriott preferred and got an upgrade to a suite without asking - very nice
- I got a call 5 minutes after I arrived asking if all was OK with the room - very nice
- The desk clerk and concierge were friendly to me as I left 10 minutes later for meetings
- The doormen (two of them) never again did not open doors everytime I came through them, so I assume the first time there must have been something that required their undivided attention

My room was expensive, but I was at a conference and the others hotels were full. If I could afford it again, I would stay here.

Also, another reviewer is correct, there are a few steps (4-5?) to get from the desk to the elevators. No way around them.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with a view of City Hall
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012 via mobile

This Ritz is very nice and the lobby is very good. Some of the concierges were better than others. The rooms were nice and clean. The location is very good. The one annoying thing was the silly wifi charge..... Just increase room prices by $2 a day and offer free wifi

Stayed April 2012
Mendham, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Philadelphia RC has a very impressive lobby. I was fully able to enjoy it, as my room was not ready as of 4:30 pm (4:30PM!) on the day of my arrival. Indeed, I admired the lobby as I waited until 5:30 pm for my room. There is no easy way to get from the lobby to the room elevators without descending steps. This was an inconvenience with luggage. I don't usually carry my own luggage at a Ritz Carlton, but the Bell staff was nowhere to be found when my cab pulled up.

I stayed in Room 1401, which was a nice one bedroom suite, but which appeared to be far short of the advertised 1000 square feet. More importantly, the room was relatively noisy, with rolling noises coming from the floor above well into the night.

I ate a breakfast and lunch at the Eric Rippert managed restaurant. There was nothing special about the breakfast, although the sausage, while very tasty, was formed into an unappealing shape (use your imagination here). The side salad at lunch was not dressed at all, and the entire lunch was over salted.

On checkout day, I needed late (2 pm) checkout. This was initially refused, and it was only after I complained about the unfairness of my room not being ready until 5 that late checkout was begrudgingly granted.

I would not stay at this property again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dsweet
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Gorgeous hotel with views of the square. I state here when I ran the Phikadelphia Marathon and got a great rate z I love the hotel bar. They also set up a great continental breakfast for runners. If you pay for the bath butler to draw you a bath you will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2011