“Special Gem”

GreenLeadersGold level
NY, NY
“Special Gem”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is by far my favorite hotel. Over the last 6 years, I have travelled to Philadelphia on business and pleasure at least 20 times. I always stay at this property. They treat me like I am home. Everyone knows my name. The staff has been there a long time and always welcomes me back. I am always upgraded to a Junior Suite. The location of this hotel is great as it is close to all that I need to do. The rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The bed is to die for. I sleep better here than at home. The concierge staff is extremely helpful. The bar/lounge is trendy and hip. The food is excellent. If only all hotels could simulate the same quality and service!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Devochka1267
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to be your favorite hotel and that you are such a frequent visitor. We pride ourselves on our service and are always pleased to hear that our staff makes a difference in our guests’ experiences. It is good to hear that you take advantage of our great location and enjoy our bar/lounge, Liberte, and its French inspired food. We look forward to welcoming back again soon.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We took advantage of a weekend night package (with Parking and Breakfast). The room was terrific, quiet and well furnished. The bed was one of the most comfortable ever.
And breakfast buffet in the hotel was simply delicious. Step outside and you are right in the middle of Center City. Shops on Walnut Street, Rittenhouse Square,

Great service in a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank travelbh
Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you took advantage of one of the great packages that we offer. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed our quiet, well furnished rooms, unique So-Bed, breakfast buffet in Chez Colette, and great Rittenhouse Square location. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 April 2012

When I arrived, the entrance to the hotel was gridlocked. The valet took nearly 20 minutes to reach my car. Check-in time was at 3:00 pm. Yet, when I attempted to check-in almost two hours after that, I was told my room would not be available for another 40 minutes.

The room was not clean. There were used q-tips and other toiletries on the window ledge. Further, I was unable to use the shower because it would not properly drain. When I contacted management about these issues, I never received a response. I will not be staying here again.

8 Thank lrobins9
Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience at Sofitel Philadelphia did not meet your expectations. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests. We have alerted our Front Office, valet, and housekeeping departments regarding your experience. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrences.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed for 3 days for a business meeting. Every interaction with the staff was great.The desk staff made me feel welcome and the housekeeping staff greeted me warmly at all times. Concierge was able to point me in the right direction for any store I asked for. Felt like I was with family the entire time.
The location was great for my meeting, a short walk to downtown. Check if you can walk to your destination before grabbing a cab, It is a great walking city.

Room Tip: You can sign on the free low speed internet. Unless you are downloading movies it is fast enough.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank TO_TRAVELLERS_8
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us and enjoyed our staff’s service and our location. It is always good to hear when guests take advantage of the great recommendations our concierges’ since our city has so much to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Morris County, NJ
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed for three nights at the Sofitel while my husband was attending the education conference. It's a great location, very friendly staff, and luxury feel. The hotel is pet friendly. Our dog came along and she was treated just as well as we were. Good location for pets too being so close to Rittenhouse Square. Loved the neighborhood, and easily walked to Liberty Bell, Convention Center, Schuylkill Park (dog park) and Mutter Museum. Comfortable bed and linens. Bed gets very warm though.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor in a standard king room. Higher floor probably better. We could hear some...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank tracylesq
Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We are pleased that you took advantage of our great location and had the opportunity to bring your dog along as well. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our beds and linens. We strive to please our guests and provide the best comfort. We understand that some guests may find our duvet covers too warm and are always eager to make adjustments to each individual guests liking. We are able to provide a top sheet to provide our guests to remove their duvet if they so wish. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Gracious staff, great location, impeccable room, beautifully decorated, I'll never stay in any other hotel in Philly again; it was that good.

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more and get a Junior Suite.
11 Thank Robert H
Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us and found us to be your choice Philadelphia hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed our staff, location, room, and decor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

new jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Sofitel and were most impressed. The room was outstanding - clean, sophisticated, and elegant. Check-in and check-out was easy, and the front desk folks were super-friendly and helpful. The location is great if you want to be able to access a lot of different PHilly areas. We were able to walk to Penn's Landing by the water and back - a beautiful day and so nothing strenuous at all. The hotel bar, Liberte, is terrific! Little trays of olives, smoked almonds, and wasabi nut/pea mix with fabulous drinks. European feel, for sure, as we heard more French than English around us. We'd definitely stay here again, even if it's on the pricey side. No complaints.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor. No problems.
9 Thank iguana_7
Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and were most impressed. We are pleased that you enjoyed our rooms, service, location, and our bar, Liberte. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again.