3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$156
Hotels.comUS$156
PricelineUS$156
Lol.travelUS$237
2,115 results
All reviews art bar ruth's chris front desk rooftop pool rittenhouse square city hall room service market street valet parking convenient location few blocks fran concierge elevator conference shampoo couch
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2016

I was in Philly for a conference being held at the Sonesta and upon checking in there was drywall work being done in the lobby which is fine; upgrades are good. When I asked if the restaurant was open to grab a bite, the front desk agent said yes but there is a great place down the street!? I had been traveling all day and there was piles of snow on the sidewalks so I didn't want to leave.

In looking at the menu, I understood the recommendation. It was limited at best and just didn't read well; kind of like a limited room service menu.

When checking into my room, which was nice enough but with inconsistencies. There were cracks in the wall tile in front of the work station and the room was very loud with noise from the street. as well, being 6'4", the beds were short and I did not fit well, therefore not getting a good nights sleep combined with the noise.

For the purposes of the conference the space was suitable however the pre-function area was cramped. I did find the banquet food and beverage to be good.

With that said, the thing that really upset not just me, but my group as well was what happened the night of Wednesday, January 27th. Upon returning from dinner, we went to the bar around 10:30 and ordered drinks. Being that we were entertaining clients, it was unnerving when the janitor started polishing the lobby floor with a large, loud machine which was very disruptive. I went to the front desk agent to request that they perhaps consider the bar guests and ask the gentleman to perhaps complete this task later in the evening. the response was that of a "not my problem" attitude. I then went to the other lady at the front desk and was met with the same response; this time a bit more condescending. So we left and spent our money elsewhere.

When returning to Philly, I will look for other options.

-Frequent Business Traveler

Room tip: ask for a room that is not facing the street due to noise
Date of stay: January 2016
2  Thank Eric N
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Dear Eric, Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Philadelphia, and for taking the time to write about your experience. Please know that I have alerted my Director of Housekeeping of your comments regarding the janitor polishing the floor so that we may continue to provide routine and preventive enhancements to our hotel. We apologize for the noise disturbance however we take great pride in maintaining our $30 million upgrade. Please let me know when you'll be returning to Philadelphia so that I can assist you with a reservation for a perfect stay. - Jordan C.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

This hotel offers a very convenient location in Center City. The rooms are fairly new and clean, and the beds are comfortable but a little on the soft side for me, but I still got a good nights sleep. I would stay here again on my next trip to Philly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia. We are delighted you enjoyed your guestroom as we take great pride in our completed $30 million property upgrade. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon. - Jordan C.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

From the time I arrived, David (reception) and the rest of the team were terrific. Friendly, efficient and helpful with wifi queries, restaurants, directions, umbrellas when it rained... The hotel itself was perfect for our meetings on Market Street. The rooms are a good size, very quiet and clean. There was no view. The little bar/restaurant is small and has a restricted menu for breakfast. That's fine- the food was good value, service was prompt and the coffee free flowing. Soda was free. The bar staff were also good fun and engaged in friendly banter with the customers so it was less "hotely"! very happy to recommend this hotel.

Room tip: the wonder David enrolled me in the Sonesta Travel Pass and I got a WIFI upgrade immediately.
1  Thank Ena P

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotels bar and restaurant! I will certainly pass along your kind words to David and the Art Bar team. We strive to provide excellent service and a memorable experience unique to Philadelphia. Also, please know we are opening our new in-house restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Spring 2016. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will return and stay with us again soon! - Jordan C.

Reviewed February 7, 2016 via mobile

We had a great time. The front desk was very helpful when we had questions. They also gave us tickets to the Art museum after we said we may stop there for a little. The food was also very good and it got to the room in timely fashion. We will definitely be coming back.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darius C
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2016

Dear Darius, Thank you for an excellent detailed review! We really appreciate your time in sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay with us. Our ultimate goal is to provide an outstanding customer service from check in to check-out and we are happy to know that we had succeeded. Reading your review is really inspiring and I am sure the Team would be thrilled to know that you had an absolutely marvelous stay at Sonesta Philadelphia. Looking forward to your next visit. - Jordan C.

Reviewed February 6, 2016

I needed one night in Philadelphia, and chose this hotel because the price was good and it looked like it was well kept. It's one block away from the Suburban train station and down the street from the beautiful City Hall building.

Room tip: I suggest adding a bar to the shower, it's a bit tricky for anyone older than twenty.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia. We are pleased you enjoyed your guestroom and everything Philadelphia has to offer within a few minutes walking distance from the hotel. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon. – Jordan C.