“Great ribs and great price”
Review of Baby Blues BBQ

Baby Blues BBQ
Ranked #234 of 5,171 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are in walking distance to 30th St Station. We are 1/2 a block away from the "EL", so you can travel to all Philly sports stadiums within minutes.
Description: As featured on the food network's "Diners, Drive ins, and Dives" and The Travel Channel's "Ribs Paradise", we serve our own hybrid style of BBQ. Our influences include Carolina style pulled pork, Memphis-Style ribs, Creole seafood and Texas Style beef brisket. We also serve over 20 different soul-food side dishes both traditional and not. We offer full service catering as well as takeout & delivery. Look out for our Baby Blues BBQ food truck in the summer of 2015!
Reviewed December 31, 2016

We picked this place because of the reviews. It is a great restaurant, the ribs were perfectly done and very tasty. Delicious.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed November 19, 2016

We went to this place before attending a football game at Franklin Field. It was very crowded on a Friday night but we escaped the 45 minute wait by finding a couple of seats at the counter by the grill. We decided to share the Rib Picker Combo and choose the Memphis style ribs and chicken wings. The ribs were meaty with a delicious dry rub. Although the wings were very good, if we had to do it all over again we'd pick the brisket. The entree comes with two pieces of tasty cornbread and two sides. Our waitress was super nice and charged us for the Mason Dixon combo which was $5 cheaper because we chose chicken wings instead of brisket. I would recommend going to this place before an athletic event or any other time.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Baby Blues BBQ has a unique and welcoming atmosphere. The food was delicious. The wife got pulled pork with baked beans and mac and cheese, I got Memphis ribs with coleslaw and mac and cheese. The pork was delicious and flavorful but the bottom of the plate had a healthy layer of fat coating it. The Memphis ribs are dry rubbed and grilled they were tasty the mac and cheese was good but the pasta was a little over cooked for me, the coleslaw was good it was creamy and seasoned well. I would have given it a 5 star rating if I had known the servers name. The service was ok but I like to know who I am talking to.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

This place is a little gem hidden on an off street in University City Philadelphia. It doesn't look like a lot from the outside but the food is amazing. I'm a big believer in some place having a fun atmosphere as well as good food. This place delivers on both. Prices aren't too bad, 2 beers and 2 dinner platters were about $38.00 before a tip so I would say price is reasonable. The atmosphere inside definitely made it worth it for me.
We also had a pleasant walk about a block and a half from our hotel so if you're staying in the area it's relatively close and easy to walk to. The neighborhood is quiet and full of college students since its surrounded by Penn State Law and Med and Drexel University.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 28, 2016

The food was good. Price was ok but all "sidecars" we're extra. A burger was just that. Oh, with a pickle. The salads looked good.

Date of visit: September 2016