Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Could not have asked for a better place to spend the week. This place is close to everything - the convention center, the historic district, China town, Reading Terminal Market, and shopping. I parked the car and saw it 5 days later !!! The hotel is older, but has been well maintained. The staff was great and very helpful. We did have a "false start" when I was told I could not have the room I had check into - but the issue was quickly resolved and I could not have had a better room - 11th floor. Did loose internet access for the last day or two (they are upgrading the system), but there were two terminals in the lobby that gave me quick access to the general information I needed. Breakfast was always good. For not knowing the city and what I might want to do - I could not have asked for a better location.

Room Tip: Suites are very spacious
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,004)

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed at this hotel Saturday, July 8th. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Jason who is one of the managers. He informed us our room wasn't ready yet (we were early) but that he would hold our bags. Upon returning back to the hotel we were again greeted by Jason who informed us he had placed our bags in the room and upgraded us to a suite. He further provided us with dining suggestions and offered his services for anything else we might need.

We have been Hilton Honors members for close to 15 years and have come to expect good service at the various Hilton locations we stay at, but this was above and beyond. Shout out to Jason for his cheerful and friendly stellar service!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Had a wonderful visit to Philly. It was our first time to the area and we felt welcomed at at home. The staff at Hampton Inn downtown were welcoming and friendly as well as professional and quick to respond. The location was exceptional and put us close to everything we wanted to see, and although the holiday weekend made it really busy we never felt we were in a crowd! Thank you!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Walking distance to Chinatown and Reading Terminal Market. Easy access to SEPTA. Rooms, staff, and overall quality of the property is excellent. Great local restaraunts nearby also. Parking is separate from the property so drop off your luggage at the front first. Plenty of staff there to take care of your luggage while you go and park.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

This hotel is in a very good location for walking to all kinds of places in downtown Philly. You do have to pay extra for parking, but the rates were reasonable. I think the windows should be replaced because we were on the 11th floor and could hear some street noise. I left the AC fan on throughout our stay but could sometimes hear buses, cars, motorcycles, sirens, etc.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

All I have to say is I had a rough start to my day with two flight cancellations. I was so frustrated and irritated by the time I got to the hotel. I walked up to the desk where Will M was to check me in. Absolutely the most amazing person I had encountered in a long time. He made me realize that we can't let these small things bring us down. Polite, Friendly, Knowledgeable just to name a few key traits that Will gave off. What an incredible young man and I really enjoyed our conversation we had. He turned a bad day into a happy ending!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Carl B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

758quand...Thank you for the awesome review! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

If you are looking for reasonably priced down town hotel then get in to Hampton Inn. Very centrally located and walking distance to all over down town. Rooms are fine and can be tolerated for not being very spacious due to complimentary breakfast and ease of movements to all over business area. Staff is good and helpful. Parking is close by. Must be fast in getting in and out of vehicle due to busy roads.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center

Address: 1301 Race St, corner of 13th St. and Race St., Philadelphia, PA 19107-1517
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#17 Family Hotel in Philadelphia
#22 Business Hotel in Philadelphia
#36 Romantic Hotel in Philadelphia
Price Range: $158 - $436 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center 3*
The Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City-Convention Center is ideally located in downtown Philadelphia across the street from the Pennsylvania Convention Center and only blocks from many major companies. Philadelphia International Airport is only 30 minutes away. Our hotel is within walking distance to historic sites such as Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the Betsy Ross House, and Penn’s Landing, and only 15 minutes from the Wells Fargo Center, Lincoln Financial Field, and Citizens Bank Park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia