“New operating system needs fine-tuning”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Greene Street Consignment
Ranked #58 of 155 Shopping in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 6, 2014

I consigned 17 name brand items, all in excellent condition, at the Greene Street Red Back location back in April, 2014. It happened to be the last day they were accepting children's clothing so I was informed that the clothes would be sent to their PA location. What happened to my clothing after that is anybody's guess. This company may have nicer items for sale, thanks to their consigners, but clearly there are operational problems. I called after consigning to see that my items had made it to the PA location and was told they could not locate my contract but that the clothing may not have been put out onto the floor yet. The second time I called, I was told my clothing may have "gotten mixed up with the adult part of their business." A third call proved to be of no help and offered that maybe my clothing hadn't sold yet. On my next inquiry, I was informed that my contract had expired but my clothes "may have gotten mixed up in the new system" so they would check with accounting and get back to me in a day or two about my check. They never did. When I called AGAIN, they could only offer an apology. This may have been a good place to consign in the past, but they need to fix their new operating system so that consigners can be compensated fairly. I presumed this problem would be resolved before my contract ended or that I would be given the opportunity to pick up my clothing if it did not sell, but no one knew where my clothes seemed to go! The lackadaisical customer service and a simple "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do" was really not acceptable. I've cosigned at other shops and never had a problem like this. I will not be consigning with them again, and suggest that consigners who do beware.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have been an excellent and loyal supplier of designer goods to this chain for years. Recently financial snafus have occurred (double payments resulting in bank fees levied against consigners!). Clearly operational problems. Consigners are also not paid for merchandise in a reasonable time I.e, more than two weeks from sale date. Total lack of Customer Service philosophy and uncooperative, insulting management at the CEO level.

I've not typically been a shopper at the stores and would NOT be based on my experience as a consigner.

1  Thank Mcrdon
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Spent the day in Philadelphia, went to three locations of Greene Street. Bought some great clothes with original tags still on, at great pricing. Always have a good time when I visit Greene Street Consignment. Great selection, great name brands, lots to chose from, great prices. We spent two hours in first one, over an hour in second one, and under half an hour in the UPenn location. Nice shoes, boots, coats and clothes, check it out.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Shop has a variety of clothing styles, but more vintage than any other type. Some of it looked to be newly manufactured to look vintage, but it was fine either way. I bought a plaid fedora. I've seen other consignment shops with a larger selection, but Greene St is definitely worth a look if you are in the area.